The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Log in screen remembers my account name. Is there anything in the ini to autofill my pass?

twev
twev
✭✭✭✭✭
Just asking.
The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, and you don't want there to be for a hundred different reasons.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on July 31, 2017 6:25PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    Steam :D
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great way to have anyone else with access to your computer delete all your characters or get you banned for their actions in-game.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    That's a great way to have anyone else with access to your computer delete all your characters or get you banned for their actions in-game.

go and take his PC, i will look at you and how you will do it, nobody cares about game accounts now, MMOs. And if you use good mail its not hard for you to return your account + if you will prove that it wasnt you (and its easy) you will be unbanned (just only because your account was stolen)
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I moved out of Mom's basement years ago.

Now I live alone with just my cat, and she can't be bothered logging in.
    She can barely dial the phone to order pizza, so I'm not worried about here.

Though I did have to stand in the corner once in the forum when I told someone that he didn't want his pass remembered because his mom would delete his account one day if he wouldn't go out and get a job.

:D

P.S.:
    I'm a member on Steam, but the only game I've bought through them in the last 12 years is the new DooM.
    Edited by twev on July 31, 2017 7:09PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of games provide an automatic login as an option, as to the wisdom of it that will depend entirely on your circumstances. Plenty of people are the sole user of their computer. They would find it a useful option to have.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just put the pass in a notepad doc and then copy and paste it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a longer reply. But no. No there is not. You don't want it to be easy. You DO want to have to type your password in every time. You also want to make sure you don't lose access to your e-mail associated with your account. Or your rescue account. Or forget security questions, or lose the devices / apps that authenticate you.

The lazier you are, the greater the chance you will lose all your hard work / your personal data / your purchases. Then you only have yourself to blame.

...and I made this a long reply anyway. Grr. I'm going to go stab things in the game now.
          In verity.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    I had a longer reply. But no. No there is not. You don't want it to be easy. You DO want to have to type your password in every time. You also want to make sure you don't lose access to your e-mail associated with your account. Or your rescue account. Or forget security questions, or lose the devices / apps that authenticate you.

The lazier you are, the greater the chance you will lose all your hard work / your personal data / your purchases. Then you only have yourself to blame.

...and I made this a long reply anyway. Grr. I'm going to go stab things in the game now.

/agree.

Anywhere that 'remembers' your password for you has to store it digitally somewhere. Which basically means its not totally secure.

Also means you forget your passwords which makes it difficult to log on elsewhere.

Seriously, its safer to scribble it on a piece of paper hidden in a drawer (as long as it isn't obvious what that password is for and your handwriting is bad)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, and you don't want there to be for a hundred different reasons.

Definately not