The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Another pointless nerf to Blazing Shield

Baconlad
Baconlad
✭✭✭✭✭
This warrents a conversation. You take a build that hasnt been complained about often since before homestead...and nerf it twice in two major patches. On nerf was a direct nerf to the damage of the shield...which was barely noticed since the CP changes gave more "boom" to the shield anyway. It also meant that you would have to choose between more boom or more healing in CP...a nerf but it was a balancing act there...made sense...much more nerf in no cp. Where you clearly dont want tanks.

This patch were taking 3.5 of set bonuses worth of health away...which in itself isnt TERRIBLE...but when you consider how much more health were losing from extra bonuses. Its ludicrous.

Also consider...nercro wasnt touched. Now i could go and show you abd post links to ever thread that disscusses sorc/ warden shield strength with necro. Not that its a problem them having defense. But its the extreme buff to their damage they get along with the massive magic gains...then you buff hulking by a WHOPPING 40 TOTAL STAMINA?!...

you take 1500 health away from green pact...then give it 50 health recovery?! As if thats supposed to compensate? At the very least nerf necro to 2540 magic with no pet stipulation...

ZOS this upcomming patch looked extremely promising! Even though i was taking in most aspects to my build (sharp weaps, thief stone). Then i find out you take my blazing shield build and nerf it...than take an additional 500 spell pen from spinner on top of all the other spell pen nerfs...*** sake zos.

Its not like blazing shield was that [snip] op. Even with stacked health and the idea of damage output over tankiness, i had a rough time trying to kill anyone. You never hear complaints anymore of it. Players stopped posting blazing shield gameplay videos...you still nerfed it....

STOP NERFING *** THAT AINT BROKEN
Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 3:56PM
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Argonian Healthplar is gathering dust since homestead ,
    And now this will happen with my Khajit NB with all the Health Recovery nerfs , its usless for pvp ^^
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not to mention they nerfed Plague Doctor to 4000 max health for a 5 piece bonus. So now it matches Necro's 4000 magicka. How is 4000 health compare-able to 4000 magicka? It just isn't.

Nobody complained about Plague Doctor or Green Pact. Hell nobody complained about Sun Shield builds or HP regen builds. The only thing ever mentioned was Troll King. Considering that HP regen is now effected by Defile and this change still went through is insane.

Whoever is in charge of balance needs to see that SHIELDS and MAX MAGICKA is a problem. MAX HEALTH and HP REGEN is the least of their concerns.... if anything its under-powered now considering you get nothing for having more health and hp regen can be defiled.

The buff to Dreughr Hulk was embarrassing.....
    PS4 NA DC
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Think the nerf to the HP sets was mostly for Dragonknights and Wardens and not Templars, they were just collateral damage
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think the nerf to the HP sets was mostly for Dragonknights and Wardens and not Templars, they were just collateral damage

What was the point nerfing hp regen sets further when you can defile them though after this patch? Sounds like it should be 1 or the other. Not both.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently got on my blazing shield build like two weeks ago...and MAN i felt weak. I couldnt jump into a full zerg and expect to live more than ten seconds. I had no reliable means to regain health in the zerg. I would fall flat on my face and die quick. My shields sure felt strong though! I had 80k+ health letting my shield go down fully before reapply. But you know whats funny?....i couldnt kill ***. Out of an entire zerg i might have gotten three killing blows if i was lucky. OP? Hardly. In order for me to have gotten those three kills the players involved had to have not had a clue what they were doing...otherwise they would take a few steps back and range me!...pointless crappy nerf
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a nerf for anything needing max health...blazing shield being one of them. Therefore a nerf to blazing shield builds...again...without ANYONE complaining about them.

I betcha even if they reverted all nerfs to blazing shield the past two major patches, it would feel perfectly balanced to tankiness/ damage output of what you would expect someone to maximize just for that one skill.

Back in morrowind PTS, With max health and running slimcraw. (To get damage up) with perfect damage CP spread...blazing read 74ish% of the shield would blow out damage. So...at a 16k shield. Thats like 18k crit boom...thats before all resistances...maybe a 10-12k average crit. Thats not OP, when you consider i would have absolutely zero healing. Once my health goes down...it stays down while im spamming that shield with slimcraw. Its one of the easiest countered playstyles in the game...just stop hitting him. Such *** they nerfed it so much. Im lucky to get a 8k crit RIGHT NOW...
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭

Isn't that always the case though? Templar's been taking it in the knee before it became a meme.

Let's balance THE GAME!
    giphy.gif
    Edited by MarzAttakz on July 31, 2017 7:06PM
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rofmao...
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Queue the next wave of pointless nerfs to Templar lol!!! So glad I rolled sorc years ago and never looked back :)
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »
    Queue the next wave of pointless nerfs to Templar lol!!! So glad I rolled sorc years ago and never looked back :)

Congrates on finding a 6 month old thread. Nothing is changing with Blazing Shield with the comming update
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:55PM