The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

magplar need help.

GrizzlyBear
GrizzlyBear
✭✭
hello my main is a magicka templar. and i have a problem against. stam chars.
i have multi sets.
set 1 >wizards riposte with// warmaiden or soulshine any good dd set really / and skoria [dual wield and one handed with shield] 6 light 1 medium. missing heavy cuz 2 lazy to farm.
set 2 >i got war maiden with seducer and skoria [dual wield with resto staff] 5 heavy 1 medium 1 light
set 3>kag with bahra and skoria[dual wield and resto][ havn't used in ages]

i honestly don't know how i can fight against stam characters and i need help.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against Staminabuilds you need to do much pressure, because its more difficult to heal as Staminacharakter. Heals costs very much ressources! You need to do that against shuffle (15%dodgechance, but feels like 30%), what is likely used from much players. Most of them have 1 burstweaponbar and 1 buffbar. When you can hold much pressure, you will win the ressourcefight for sure, because he need to dodge, heal and use other survivalposibilitys.
    The problem as Templar, you need to set 2-3 skills before you can start your burst. Most Staminaplayer attack you with direct damage attacks and deal directly massiv damage. So its tricky... there isnt the 1 thing you can do right to win against staminaplayer. Use heavy armor and try to survive. Atronach mundus and hex mother bufffood are important ;)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • GrizzlyBear
    GrizzlyBear
    ✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    Against Staminabuilds you need to do much pressure, because its more difficult to heal as Staminacharakter. Heals costs very much ressources! You need to do that against shuffle (15%dodgechance, but feels like 30%), what is likely used from much players. Most of them have 1 burstweaponbar and 1 buffbar. When you can hold much pressure, you will win the ressourcefight for sure, because he need to dodge, heal and use other survivalposibilitys.
    The problem as Templar, you need to set 2-3 skills before you can start your burst. Most Staminaplayer attack you with direct damage attacks and deal directly massiv damage. So its tricky... there isnt the 1 thing you can do right to win against staminaplayer. Use heavy armor and try to survive. Atronach mundus and hex mother bufffood are important ;)

i figured as much. and what's the best class. to duel against stams? and win
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The player makes the fight just as much as the gear. You make a mistake and the better player will capitalize. Practice, review your video saves, learn audio and visual for incoming attacks, actually use counters.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There isnt. All can. I think the strongest counter for Staminaplayer is a permablock-magicka-DK actually. But there are different ways to beat staminaclasses...

Just play the class, you think it could bring the most fun. You will have success with that class. For example i am good on my Templar and after testing a Stamina Dk i need to say, i am not a good staminaplayer.. i would need 1- 1 1/2 years to learn how i need to play to be one of the bests for sure.. I will not do that..
    Edited by DeHei on July 31, 2017 6:19PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina has lots of dots and access to major defile. As a magplR you have to be patient with your burst and make sure you are purging that.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Stamina has lots of dots and access to major defile. As a magplR you have to be patient with your burst and make sure you are purging that.

Against really good player you will only waste ressources and time with permapurge... I know Stamina-DKs, who give you every sec 2-3 different effects on you... you cant handle that pressure with purge..
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

magicka warden or sorc.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on July 31, 2017 7:42PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't listen to the people claiming Stamina characters are impossible to fight.

2 Valkyn
    5 Amber Plasm
    2 Willpower
    5 Transmutation

Use it, make sure to always put dots and purifying light on the enemy and if they drop you to 70% and you have your rune you will be fine if you are running that build, so just spam the jabs and reapply dots and ALWAYS have your rune and use purify after every root, not against any poisons or ect... It's a waste of magicka most of the time to only cleanse the poison injection or a minor DoT and a smart player will always reapply them to make you waste magicka, when the opponent you are fighting is good and he have burst then you should cleanse his poison injection from time to time.

All the magicka classes are doing very well this patch for duels so just play the one you enjoy the most.

Btw, you don't need spell damage as a Magplar, if you are skilled enough to put all your dots, time your ultimate and let skoria do a little bit you will be fine, I used to duel with just one sword for fun as a Magplar and trust me, even with 1.2k spell damage the Magplar is extremely powerful, also if you hate Nightblades or there's a lot of them in your server try to use the damaging morph of the cleanse.
    Edited by Kay1 on July 31, 2017 8:36PM
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resource poisons can sure make life difficult for stamina characters...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Said it before

Wizards,overwhelming,skoria
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Said it before

Im farming overwhelming atm, think amber is a good compliment if a teammate is running wizards?
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    soul assault
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too am a Magicka Templar and the following works great for me vs Stamina builds...

The Vampire Lord https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/357409/the-vampire-lord-magicka-templar-build#latest

Chudan x2...
    Vampire Lord x5...
    Combat Physician x5...

1) Make sure your Ult is up (Devouring Swarm)...
    2) Use an unmovable pot...
    3) Use Structured Entropy (will Proc the Combat Physician Damage Shield once they begin to fight back)...
    4) Gap Close (Toppling Charge)...
    5) Use Devouring Swarm...
    6) Use Puncturing Sweeps until they are dead...
    7) If they attempt to run, use Invigorating Drain to stun them and hold them in place so that Devouring Swarm can finish them...

The above either kills Stamina builds if they are foolish enough to attempt to go toe to toe with you, or they flee like cowards when they realize that they cant win (I cause sooo many Stamina Nightblades to show their true color [PINK] and run from me with the above)...

Enjoy...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on August 1, 2017 4:24AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Nihang
    Nihang
    ✭✭✭
    Said it before

fought a templar running that setup, the dmg was unreal.
    #LOVEPALACE
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihang wrote: »
    Said it before

Yea it's squishy but it can absolutely wreck you really quick.
    Said it before

Im farming overwhelming atm, think amber is a good compliment if a teammate is running wizards?

Swap wizards for transmutation then.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihang wrote: »
    Said it before

maybe you meeted me :p
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is unreal with Overwhelming? It crits like 1k per second or less, doesn't always proc, not accurate in onen world \ small fights. And, for me, the most sad part is it even worse against Nightblades and Sorcs who are able to be distant.

It's similar to Grothdar, but I think that Grothdar is worse than famous Skoria on Mplar, because slightly higher sustained pressure isn't as good as decent burst damage.
    Edited by Ashamray on August 1, 2017 9:53AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    What is unreal with Overwhelming? It crits like 1k per second or less, doesn't always proc, not accurate in onen world \ small fights. And, for me, the most sad part is it even worse against Nightblades and Sorcs who are able to be distant.

It's similar to Grothdar, but I think that Grothdar is worse than famous Skoria on Mplar, because slightly higher sustained pressure isn't as good as decent burst damage.

It does good damage, has good bonuses and it can proc a status effect that increases the damage the target takes by 8%

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wear heavy armor, use invigorating drain as your cc, slot soul assault, and stamina toon won't be a problem anymore
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Wear heavy armor, use invigorating drain as your cc, slot soul assault, and stamina toon won't be a problem anymore

Shhhhh