Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Melee without gapclose

nCats
nCats
✭✭✭
Tell me, fellow forum dwellers, who does such and how do you feel about it? Been trying it recently with some interest, want to hear what others are thinking.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most MDKs run without gapcloser, since theirs suck.

Just use a ranged stun (Foss roots too so is decent if someone tries to escape.) and dot up. If someone runs, then let them tbh. Only really a magsorc has full power from afar.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I know that, should have made it clearer originally. Some melee magblades do that too. My interest is in stamina classes. Seen a few stamplars do such.

The definite advantage is that the resources go up, given gapclosers are expensive.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    none of my stam chars use a gap closer.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont really need a gapcloser... Most popular playing with gapcloser is using it with eye of the storm for magickabuilds...
    But pls we have enough of this idiots.. >:)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't play my melee magblade without lotus fan (I'm not using destro ult btw).

The problem when you outnumbered, you always want to kill the weakest targets, which usually try staying far away from you. In 90% of those encounters you snared or rooted 24/7, which makes almost impossible for magicka build to reach the desired target, and here gap closer greatly helps.

Also, it's very painful to fight someone with crippling grasp/encase/other range root without gap loser.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorc running DW + Bow. Can't decide wether I shall call Bolt of Lightning a gap closer or not, since it's neither target locked nor spammable. Most of the times I just use it to LoS.

I find it rather uncomfortable to have no gap closer. I can offset this a bit by running Hurricane + Quickcloak to stack the speed buffs but it's nowhere as comfortable as a real GC.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't use one on my stamplar.

I run dual wield on front bar. I use blade clock for speed. I'm orc which helps. Javelin someone, charge heavy attack while moving towards them, land it straight into jabs.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamplar build here on the forums utilizes 2h and DW with no gap closer. You definitely don't need one, I've been playing without one since 1t with no issues. You just need to get used to utilizing sprint and dodge roll as faux gap closers. For example on my stamplar: javelin -> Dodge roll in the same direction -> jabs or dawnbreaker. Works like a charm, and the DW passives are very strong offensively + the attack weaves are much more fluid than 2h so you'll be able to put out more damage overall in most cases.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster