The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stam Sorc vs Stam DK vs Gross Incompetence

Diggitydug
Diggitydug
✭✭✭

I am a PvE player, and the Gross Incompetence is all my own. So before this event I never played PvP before. Now I am hooked. It's a lot of fun.

I have a med armor dw /bow Stam Sorc, and as I am Just starting I am understandably bad. I also have a Stam warden I leveled up for fun with the new expansion, but I can't seem to get it to live long in PvP

I thought I might try a heavy armor 2h/s&B Stam DK to give myself a little more survivability. Or could I go heavy armor in the Stam Sorc?

Any kind words of encouragement, and advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam sorc is great in HA
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Well despite it being nerfed recently I still love my stam dk. I'm by no means an expert and definitely suck on theorycrafting builds but from my limited experience there seem to be a few build styles on the go atm for stam dk.

1. Health focussed tank

Going full heavy armour with 2 x 1h/s (or one DW set) and running two five piece health sets such as beekeeper, orgnum's scales, plague doctor and green pact.

I run this set up at the moment. I really like it but I do run out of stamina a bit more quickly than I've been used to.

2. Off tank with a wee bit punch

Run one of the above health sets with a proc set - like viper and red mountain - or an offensive set like 7th legion, ravager, fury, clever alchemist.

3. 2h/w and bow

You could combine a stamina sustain set with an offensive set and run 2hw and bow.

Or if you have maelstrom 2hw you could run agility jewellery and a five piece sustain set plus selenes

4. Full proc

Viper, red mountain and selenes.

5. Ultimate regen build

Build to gain fast ultimate and use it as an execute. Search for stam dk builds for morrowind from crescent jayren and kodi both use this style

I'm sure others will have better build ideas and hopefully some more will be shared.
    Edited by murdomac101 on July 28, 2017 5:02PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Stam sorc is great in HA

It sure is.

Well OP, all you really need is information on sets to use for Cyrodiil. There are a lot out there, so best thing to do is start with your goals you want to achieve with your StamSorc or StamDK.

There are bench marks for both magic and stamina that you can reach for, DPS wise, that will let you survive comfortably. But we can talk about that after you thought about what you want to do with your guys.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next patch viper won't be so great but for my stam sorc I'm running heavy shacklebreaker, viper and skoria on dw and SB. Hurricane and blood craz procs skoria and heals you along with critsurge. Use caltrops to slow enemy and as another skoria proc. Sustain with dark deal and vigor. Run bound armaments on both bars and dawnbreaker on your dw bar and suppression field on your SB. You'll be prepared for almost any situation. This build works on a stam DK as well. With leap and corrosive armor substitute for ultimates as well as poison claw instead of hurricane. Less sustain but more damage. You can also go 2sb bars with Selenes or tremorscale and use reverb bash and invasion and ransack. All very powerful setups.
  • Diggitydug
    Diggitydug
    ✭✭✭
    what are good craftable Stam Sorc heavy sets for staring out while I'm gear hunting?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Diggitydug wrote: »
    what are good craftable Stam Sorc heavy sets for staring out while I'm gear hunting?

Shacklebreaker is phenomenal on stam sorc in my experience. Other solid craftable sets include hundings, willows path when its fixed, and clever alchemist.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos