Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamsorc gear choices advice

Olupajmibanan
Olupajmibanan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello,

I am currently running standard 2h/bow stamsorc with Slimecraw, Clever Alchemist and Sword Singer. Sword Singer was really good especially because I had not to go trough RNG wall and bought it cheaply. But lately I found that Sword Singer does not work on Rally (a bug?) making Automaton a lot better. But before I become a masochist and go farm sharpened maul I need your advice my fellow stamsorcs.

I need comparison between Automaton, Spriggan and also Bone Pirate (as I really struggle on resources). I am thinking of bone pirate because it's 5-set bonus offers everything: damage, sustain and even survivability (stronger vigor) while Automaton or Spriggan don't. Yet I am feared that 2h/bow stamsorc is bursty fighter rather than sustained fighter and by switching to Bone Pirate I would lose a lot of burst potential.

These are words of a casual sorc, I am not an expert in PvP. I really struggled in PvP until I started playing stamsorc, now I can kill something without getting killed. I play only non-CP PvP, mainly 1vxing but I seek advice to BGs as well.

Thank all for your suggestions.
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play 2h/bow pvp stamsorc as well. I'm currently using Veli/Clever/Viper. In the past I used Spriggan instead of Viper. It's probably the best choice of the 3 you mentioned, as 2h/bow stamsorc has no way to get Fracture.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H and bow stam sorc feels like *** right now to me. I switch to dw and SB, much better.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Willows path is getting fixed with HotR so its might be a nice set to run on a stam sorc that struggling with sustain.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer