The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Give out the crown exclusive orange dye as a witches festival dye this year. more activities

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So far it looks like it will be a uniteresting year for witches festival for those who participated last year... please zos consider giving out that orange dye available last year as a reward this year as maybe a rare drop from plunder skulls. those of us who participated last year are not going to be all too excited. @ZOS_GinaBruno add new activities we can do this year (like trick or treatin) that has candy as currency, and rarely has rarer quality candy that can be traded for exclusive dyes like the pumpkin orange or maybe new dyes like ghoulish green, banshees purple, etc...
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I just got the same old, last year's loot when I was killing bosses on the PTS. Super lame. This stuff is also available by the droves in guild stores, for those who missed it last year. Boring!

Please make all new loot for this year's festival! If you must include -some- of last year's loot, please make the drop very rare.

Honestly I was hoping for:

1. New motif. Maybe a super goth vampire motif this time.
    2. New recipes!
    3. New masks, maybe a werewolf and vampire style monster mask, instead of last years pumpkin and scarecrow.
    4. Style stones for the new motif
    5. Crafting mats are always welcome
    6. Dyes would be cool, but I'd rather they unlock as permanent.
    7. A new creepy pet or costume as the rare drops.

Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But there are new masks... it even says so in the patch notes

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    But there are new masks... it even says so in the patch notes

wooooah so excited 2 new masks
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding more items to the loot table means it will be harder for those who hasn't participated last year and those who want to collect stuff on other characters to complete anything.

More stuff like crafting mats - sure. More recipes and stuff required for achievements that drop together with old stuff? Please,no.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Adding more items to the loot table means it will be harder for those who hasn't participated last year and those who want to collect stuff on other characters to complete anything.

More stuff like crafting mats - sure. More recipes and stuff required for achievements that drop together with old stuff? Please,no.

Paying 500 gold per motif for hallowjack motifs isn't hard to achieve
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

Paying 500 gold per motif for hallowjack motifs isn't hard to achieve

Some people insist on getting everything on their own and/or not every new player has that much gold - some people don't know how to or refuse to make gold. You don't care about them? Besides, as a person who already has hollowjack, why would I want to have it in my loot when I need a new motif (if it's added)?
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.

R.i.p. all those people who paid for the one time dyes.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Recycling last year's loot will make those who participated last year disappointed. Old loot a year later will make the festival seem stale. I've never seen a complaint about new loot before, but I guess anything is possible in these forums.

I agree that it's super easy to obtain Hollowjack motif pages and recipes. All but one recipe is very inexpensive.
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think each year should have a new Crown exclusive motif, with that motif then being the dropped motif the second year.

For example, last year we had the Hollowjack motif drop and Grim Harlequin as the Crown exclusive motif. This year should be Hollowjack with a decreased drop rate and Grim Harlequin now dropping from bosses. You then add a new Crown exclusive motif such as the Wild Hunt motif (or some such thing). This gives each year's crown motif a one-year exclusive, while allowing the motif to be earned in subsequent years.

Just a thought.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    I think each year should have a new Crown exclusive motif, with that motif then being the dropped motif the second year.

For example, last year we had the Hollowjack motif drop and Grim Harlequin as the Crown exclusive motif. This year should be Hollowjack with a decreased drop rate and Grim Harlequin now dropping from bosses. You then add a new Crown exclusive motif such as the Wild Hunt motif (or some such thing). This gives each year's crown motif a one-year exclusive, while allowing the motif to be earned in subsequent years.

Just a thought.

That would be pretty cool, but I doubt they'll bring anything listed as crown exclusive into the game for free.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

Just a thought.

I like this idea. Maybe put it on a four year cycle - one year as the primary drop, next year as a secondary drop with a lower rate, third year it doesn't drop at all and put it in the Crown Store in year four - then back as a primary drop the year after. The year off gives people time to empty their stocks and drive up the rarity for the Crown Store. If you miss it, or insist on getting it in game, either shell out gold or wait a year. We the players have options, and they get to pull in money from people not willing to wait.

A couple masks and a handful of furnishing recipes is not going to be enough to keep me interested in this Festival.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like ZOS to create an anti-bewitch potion as a drop people can obtain during the event What's an anti-bewitch potion? A potion that gives you 15 seconds of immunity to cost-increase poisons.
    Or... better yet, make it a recipe that you can get during the event. Well, as a food / drink recipe maybe that wouldn't work. But, as a potion, maybe to make it you would need a very very rare ingredient that would drop during the event.
    Edited by Maryal on August 12, 2017 5:00PM