The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Since Crit resist is a must Trait in PvP

GeorgeBlack
GeorgeBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Can we scrap the current impen an introduce new Armor Traits such as:
Increase Crit Resist+M ded+P def

Increase Crit Resist+Mundus Effect 7.5%

Increase Crit Resist+Infused

Increase Crit Resist+SomethingNew

Zos kill BiS and introduce variety.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will ALWAYS be BiS, not much to be done regarding that point. It doesn´t matter how much ZOS nerfs/changes stuff but there will Always be something that is better for a certain task. With the next update the "divirsity/variety" you´re looking for is actually increasing. With the changes to traits and mundus stone a few "setups" is no longer BiS for most content.

When it comes to itemsets there is a set called "Impregnable armor set" that gives you around 2,5k crit resist as 5th piece (together with some stats as 2-4th piece). 2,5k critresist is a decent amount in PvP and with that set you don´t have to invest in impenetrable on the other pieces of gear you´re wearing (unless you want more critresist of course). You get far with 2,5k crit-resist even though hitting the 3k mark is very good.

And I´m not agreeing with you that impenetrable is the no-brainer for all PvP setups. I´m no expert at PvP (inb4 Magic comes and confirm this <3) but as far as I know sturdy is a better trait to use for a tanky setup compared to impenetrable (just to give you an example).

If you want to use a nightblade bombbuild and get the most damage out of it (by sacrificing survive-abilty) you want to go full divines on your gear (depending on the mundus stone you´re using of course)

I think the largest obstacle to achieve divirsity in your builds (not you specificly OP) is your own imagination. If you want to follow the meta that is fine, but there´s Always room for other setups. Just because a certain setup is meta doesn´t mean it´s always the "best setup" at the moment.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why even have crit-rating/damage in the game then?

Imho its bad design anyway, that Impenetrable is mandatory in pvp simply because it offers so much more survivability in comparison to any other trait while completely negating any crit-builds.

I think we need a complete overhaul not only of all armor-passives, traits AND skills/damage/scaling in PvP. If I hit a mob for 40000 damage in PvE and barely hit 5000 versus a player in PvP... hm...

Also shield stacking needs to go as well as unlimited streaking and cloaking, damage proc sets and so on. There is soo much cheese going on in PvP (PvE too but mobs cannot complain) its ridiculous. DAoC had the best PvP of all MMOs to this date and if you were really good you could maybe take on 2 or 3 average players, but not 5 or 10 or more.

DAoC had:
    - most spells having a cast time, and could be interrupted
    - stamina/mana did not (or only very marginaly) regenerate in combat unless you had a regen spell on you (Font of Power, bard songs)
    - basic melee attacks (like light attacks) were auto attack (2-4 seconds depending on weapon-speed)
    - melee special skills were either generic (always usable, but weak) or situational (after your parry, block, got parried/blocked, only from behind/side and then stronger).
    - no weaving/stacking crap, no exploiting of game mechanics and lag
    - no PvP stat on gear, best gear was crafted with the later exception of artifacts
    - skills and stats were not different between pvp and pve, and not scaled

good old times
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why even have crit-rating/damage in the game then?

Imho its bad design anyway, that Impenetrable is mandatory in pvp simply because it offers so much more survivability in comparison to any other trait while completely negating any crit-builds.

I think we need a complete overhaul not only of all armor-passives, traits AND skills/damage/scaling in PvP. If I hit a mob for 40000 damage in PvE and barely hit 5000 versus a player in PvP... hm...

Also shield stacking needs to go as well as unlimited streaking and cloaking, damage proc sets and so on. There is soo much cheese going on in PvP (PvE too but mobs cannot complain) its ridiculous. DAoC had the best PvP of all MMOs to this date and if you were really good you could maybe take on 2 or 3 average players, but not 5 or 10 or more.

DAoC had:
    - most spells having a cast time, and could be interrupted
    - stamina/mana did not (or only very marginaly) regenerate in combat unless you had a regen spell on you (Font of Power, bard songs)
    - basic melee attacks (like light attacks) were auto attack (2-4 seconds depending on weapon-speed)
    - melee special skills were either generic (always usable, but weak) or situational (after your parry, block, got parried/blocked, only from behind/side and then stronger).
    - no weaving/stacking crap, no exploiting of game mechanics and lag
    - no PvP stat on gear, best gear was crafted with the later exception of artifacts
    - skills and stats were not different between pvp and pve, and not scaled

good old times

I do agree that daoc had the best pvp bar none but I don't think it can apply here. Daoc also ruined their pvp by installing such things like ignore pain and later required raiding. They never did fix the invincible stealth problem. I generally don't pvp much in this game because I don't think its balanced class wise.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium