The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nice To Have A PvP Event But...

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Did anyone else feel like the event was mostly aimed at pvp first timers? It would be great to see some more advanced achievements. And maybe even have unique role based achievements that could have unique titles for say tanks, stealth play, normal melee combat, etc. Idk but it would be interesting to hear some ideas on making things a bit more challenging, or adding a more unique dimension to some of the achievements. I suppose the 50 killing blows isn't bad, but anyone with a snipe build can rack that up fairly easily and not even have to put themselves in danger.
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see where you're coming from and agree to a certain extent. I chose to only play on Kyne (under 50) and quite frankly the headless chicken syndrome is strong in that one. However I must say it's been really nice to have so many people on and around and it seems like most of mainly PVE'ers, whilst being frustrating and frustrated at times, seem to be enjoying it.

I think overall (server wobbles aside) the event can only be positive for PVP in this game. For one thing it is surfacing the glaring issues to a broader audience and will hopefully go some way to bridging the gap between "THEM" and "US" - whichever side of the line you happen to fall on.

Perhaps a more nuanced event in future would be good, but how would you go about completing the various objectives if they're dispersed among roles?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MarzAttakz yeah that's why I was like idk you guys come up with ideas lol. It's great to see more people drawn to pvp, but would also be cool to have some achievements that would reward people who put more practice into it. Or maybe a smaller, shorter event with some great prizes that wouldn't be attainable by just anyone stepping into pvp.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure do appreciate all the free forward camps and coldfire in the mail.

As for the achievements, I don't know. There already are PvP-related achievements in the game, event or not. The holidays achievements are usually easy to get, so it's kind of in line with has been done in the past alrdy.

Spent a few hours in Shor earlier today, it was so weird to see a completely dead zone chat yet 2-3 bars of pop and no particular drive toward any objective. Pugging at its finest!
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    As for the achievements, I don't know. There already are PvP-related achievements in the game, event or not. The holidays achievements are usually easy to get, so it's kind of in line with has been done in the past alrdy.

Agreed. While I'd also like a little more difficulty in the achievements, this is in line with the other holidays events. They've all been fun and casual so that even newer players can enjoy and complete the achievements.

I would honestly like the holiday events to stay that way. I like the feel of them. However, perhaps there could be separate PvP (and PvE) events that come around which are more competitive.

The role thing could work if the achievements were account based, but I think maybe having an achievement with multiple options for completion would work too (ex. Do this OR this OR this) where you could pick the method best suited to that character's role. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement something like that, though.
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar