The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Stamplar on par with other stamina classes at least damage mitigation wise

Yellow_Monolith
Yellow_Monolith
✭✭✭✭✭
One change that would be really good would be having Channeled focus and it morphs stick to Stamplar like how Wardens have Frost cloak and Dragonknights have Spiked armor. Basically standing still in Channeled focus is not a good idea as you will always have to keep moving while playing Stamplar dd or you will be killed
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Channeled focus is better for magplars with the magicka return. The other morph gives you Minor Protection and Minor Vitality as well, which would be better for stamplars.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP that Stamplar buffs should follow them... else they need to be buffed... if you have to stand your ground, make it so you can...
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give stamplars some sustain love and my main would be very happy.

I have one of everything....and I hate the fact that my main is the first to run out of stam.

Yes I can fix the sustain issues...at the cost of hitting like a wet noddle.

Really sux that my baby stamden is more effective than my main :(
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WldKarde wrote: »
    Give stamplars some sustain love and my main would be very happy.

I have one of everything....and I hate the fact that my main is the first to run out of stam.

Yes I can fix the sustain issues...at the cost of hitting like a wet noddle.

Really sux that my baby stamden is more effective than my main :(

I feel the same way..
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the reason I don't use restoring focus on my stamplar. Stamplars really suffer from longer 1v1 situations without any class passive aiding in resource return.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar DPS is very solid, and holds up when compared to StamDK.

Stamplar - the thread and parse were updated for Morrowind
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-sting-noss-stamplar-dps-guide-dark-brotherhood-ready/

StamDK - Same player and again has been updated for Morrowind
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/noss-poison-knight-stamdk-build-db-ready/

Both are very solid. If you are having issue with sustain in longer fights found in Trials, that is an issue with your support roles not putting out orbs and shards or the player not picking them up.

Maybe the information in the stamplar build will be of help.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or or or or or... Like I keep saying. Increase the resistance value of medium armor by 10 or so %
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm..... are we saying that Stamplar is underperforming in PvP or PvE?

I actually like that ZOS attempts to at least have classes activate buffs differently even when the buffs themselves are the same. One class gains the buff with a cast, another has to stand in a circle for the maximum duration but gains additional benefits, etc.

As for class performance, Stamplar is very strong atm for PvE. In PvP they are also pretty good due to their high burst potential.

Personally I think the only sort of buff that Stamplars deserve is a buff to Repentence so that it can return Stam to allies again and/or work on bodies your ally has already used Repentence on.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My StamPlar is fine. I still love my StamPlar. I use Rune Focus which gives up the protection even when you leave the spot for up to 8 seconds. I like my DK too; both stam and mag are solid dpsers. Heck, all three are are solid dpsers (yet, I still hate that the reduction cost from Warlord and Magician are gone and that Hardy and Elemental have since been reduced to maxed at 15%.) I mean, yes, you're taking in more damages than before and the adds/bosses (world, dolmen, dungeon) are putting out more juices, but I can still solo certain world bosses with my StamPlar whereas I would not be able to with my StamDK. One reason would be that freakin Igneous for the DK has been shredded this time down to useless. I don't even slot it anymore. I have since been using Bone Shield for both the Stam and MagDK, but the Bone Shield is more beneficial to the Mag. Oh, it still works better for the StamDK, but it's eating up the stam pool.

The only thing that StamPlar (or Templar, in general) lacks over the DK is not having a multi-snare skill like the Choking Talons (or Burning) of the DK. With my StamDK, nothing melts down adds/mobs faster than Endless hail and Choking Talons.. followed by a spray of Noxious Breath. Sometimes, I don't even have to use my Wrecking Blow. That Choking Talons just hold them in place. But hey, for the StamPlar.. throwing out the Endless Hail and then right away the Blazing Spears, followed by a spat of Biting Jabs just melts them down fairly quick as well. You just can't keep them in place like the Talons or the Encase (forgot what the morph is) for a sorc.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same for stam sorc please
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One change that would be really good would be having Channeled focus and it morphs stick to Stamplar like how Wardens have Frost cloak and Dragonknights have Spiked armor. Basically standing still in Channeled focus is not a good idea as you will always have to keep moving while playing Stamplar dd or you will be killed

I think they could keep the current functionality if they added snare/root immunity upon cast and for 1 second after leaving the rune. This would make the skill feel far less tedious to use and would give Stamplars incentive to use Focus instead of Shuffle.

Edit: I would happily trade the Minor Vitality or Protection for this!
    Edited by Solariken on July 23, 2017 1:38PM