The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

can we get faction locks in PvP already?

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, but people still use TS and Discord and guild chat...it won't stop it.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this, however I don't think it's a view shared by the majority. Most people are happy playing pointless PvP (which is fine, the game is more designed towards casual players anyway)

For this reason, I don't consider ESO my long term MMO. Just waiting for a developer with some balls to bring back some classic faction-locked PvP with open world features.
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been playing ESO since beta and naturally have more than one toon in different alliances and I want to level up their alliance skill lines to help in vet trials etc.
    I also want to enjoy them in pvp a bit.
    The rewards I get for winning a campaign are (imo) underwhelming and I dont care for it too much. I like to play maturely so whatever alliance im playing for in pvp has my complete commitment.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »
    [as well as possibly reinforce the point of the alliance war instead of people swapping to whatever faction is winning half way through.

There is no point to the alliance war, because "winning" (whether players are locked to a faction or not) is basically meaningless, because as a competitive PvP mode it is a joke, so to anyone vaguely sentient that rather devalues "winning".