The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So why are there only 4 dreugh wax for sale in Craglorn? (EU PC)

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
This is so dodgy. The so-called biggest guild vendors in the game have only 4 dreugh wax between them?

Have they run out? REALLY? Or is someone buying them out to manipulate the market (because there are certain trading guild leaders who say they do this)?

Either way, this is really odd and suspicious.
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold has 18 pieces in TOTAL 2x8 on ONE vendor and 2 on another. Zilch on the rest.
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty normal that people stock up before large updates, especially one where item traits are changing in such a huge way. People may be buying it up but it is likely not malicious, people are just preparing.
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    So.ething really odd is going on with EU guilds for a few weeks now. Sales have certainly been down and I noticed mats were becoming more and more scarce.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 at Elden Root. LOL
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    It's pretty normal that people stock up before large updates, especially one where item traits are changing in such a huge way. People may be buying it up but it is likely not malicious, people are just preparing.

Usually there are THOUSANDS of dreugh wax for sale daily. Belkarth, Elden Root and Mournhold - 3 of the major trade hubs have 33 dreugh wax between them. I think that is really strange.
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.ething really odd is going on with EU guilds for a few weeks now. Sales have certainly been down and I noticed mats were becoming more and more scarce.

Yes, agreed.
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    guild masters with lots of golds from "donations" manipulating the market then selling the gold to Chinese websites
    google it, I wont post links, but if you look you will find out, a lot of guild masters in big trade guilds are doing it for over an year now, they make millions of gold whom they give to Chinese whom are selling back to eso players after...
    it is a irl market, this is why you see the gm of trading guilds ferociously defending this trading system....this is their bread and butter, their IRL JOB
    Edited by Rikkof on July 22, 2017 7:08PM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 at Wayrest....
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Proc sets changing in the next major update, people would most likely be stockpiling for their new sets to replace what is being nerfed. Since it upgrades both Light and Medium armor, the most widely used armor types, it would be no surprise that people are prepping for it.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People just aren't farming like they used to. While waiting through my 3 hour pvp queue i did some farming in hews bane and came across only 1 person on a Saturday.

Then add in all of the patch changes making peoples gear obsolete, they need the wax to make new gear.

Just do writs on a few characters a day and you will never need to buy gold mats again.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are out in Cyro with the event too. No gold stuff comes from those. Have to practically win the AP war to get a gold item. So... yeah.. wait til Midyear Mayhem is over and it will be back to normal. That said.. you have no guildiies to ask to sell a few to you? Or are you looking to resell them too?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    People are out in Cyro with the event too. No gold stuff comes from those. Have to practically win the AP war to get a gold item. So... yeah.. wait til Midyear Mayhem is over and it will be back to normal. That said.. you have no guildiies to ask to sell a few to you? Or are you looking to resell them too?

I'm trying to upgrade an armour set. the ones that were for sale are way over the odds.
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »

I'm trying to upgrade an armour set. the ones that were for sale are way over the odds.
    Not sure what you consider to be "way over the odds". PS4 NA here - I had someone in zone chat wanting 48 a couple of weeks ago and refusing to pay more than 5k each. To me that is 'under the odds' but he wouldn't budge, so I kept them.

I usually sell 3 or 4 dozen gold improvement mats dozen every weekend to top up my sales and pay my guild dues but 6-7 k is the starting range for wax and they always get snapped up.

If they are in short supply, maybe I should jack up my prices and do some daily writs to top up my supply. o:)
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikkof wrote: »
    guild masters with lots of golds from "donations" manipulating the market then selling the gold to Chinese websites
    google it, I wont post links, but if you look you will find out, a lot of guild masters in big trade guilds are doing it for over an year now, they make millions of gold whom they give to Chinese whom are selling back to eso players after...
    it is a irl market, this is why you see the gm of trading guilds ferociously defending this trading system....this is their bread and butter, their IRL JOB

LOL. This is laughable at best. I'd like to see your proof.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so dodgy. The so-called biggest guild vendors in the game have only 4 dreugh wax between them?

Have they run out? REALLY? Or is someone buying them out to manipulate the market (because there are certain trading guild leaders who say they do this)?

Either way, this is really odd and suspicious.

I was going to say something snarky, but I figured I'd fire up TTC and check. You're not wrong. There's about half as many tempers and waxes listed on EU/PC as NA/PC right now. Kuta are down about 30%, but Rosin is roughly the same. Cornflower and Lady's Smock are also roughly similar across the servers. So, something weird is going on. I kinda suspect it's the combination of an event pushing players into PvP along with the upcoming patch which will have some major ramifications for gear. But, I'm not positive, so, all I can say with real confidence is, "huh, weird."
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most dreugh wax on the market is sold by botters. If ZOS actually banned all the botters they said they did, this would explain the shortage.

Legitimate players don't farm it anymore because the price on it is awful (due to the oversupply from botters).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 22, 2017 11:13PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At the risk of sounding like I'm smarting off, my recommendation would be twofold. First, start doing crafting writs on as many characters as you can get to Rubedite. Keep an eye on what you can buy from guild stores, but whatever's going on your server, expect those prices to start climbing, because of supply tanking.

Second, don't upgrade your armor right now. Get it to purple, stick a pin in it, and wait for late August when the patch drops. The last thing you want to do is end up with gold gear that doesn't fit your build.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guild in craglorn front spot had zero rosin guild leader asked us to put some up XD gold tempers going poof
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild in craglorn front spot had zero rosin guild leader asked us to put some up XD gold tempers going poof

It's just not worth the effort to refine anymore because the prices are so low. Hopefully, if they actually got rid of the botters that were driving prices down, the market will finally correct itself.
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭

to get the thread closed, yeah?
    google it and u will find it easily, I wont post links and wont fall into your trap
    trying to defend "your buussiness", aren't you?
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol i need to log in and cash in by the sounds of it. Cannot have my own guild empty!

Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    lol i need to log in and cash in by the sounds of it. Cannot have my own guild empty!

isn't u the bro who ask for "donations"?
    just saying XD
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to get the thread closed, yeah?
    google it and u will find it easily, I wont post links and wont fall into your trap
    trying to defend "your buussiness", aren't you?

uuHJTQd.gif
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just not worth the effort to refine anymore because the prices are so low. Hopefully, if they actually got rid of the botters that were driving prices down, the market will finally correct itself.

Well, I mean, I'm sitting on something like 170 tempers right now. I probably should list a few, though.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Legitimate players don't farm it anymore because the price on it is awful (due to the oversupply from botters).

Rolf.. I NEVER farmed it. I farmed the wood, and got the wax as a crit, so,,.. I guess you are right?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

isn't u the bro who ask for "donations"?
    just saying XD

I have never asked for donations for my TTG guild so no you are flat out wrong. Easy to lie on the internet.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have absolutely no idea what you are speaking of....
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Evidently you have way too much time on your hands with your fanciful story making. Perhaps use that time more positively and build your own Trade Guild if its so profitable?
    Ireniicus
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Evidently you have way too much time on your hands with your fanciful story making. Perhaps use that time more positively and build your own Trade Guild if its so profitable?

No I have read about these guys. They want a global auction house so they make up these fake news stories to feed people. But really they are working with the communist in Russia. They don't believe in capitalism and so want to destroy these poor little mom and pop trading guilds, that make this game great. They have also all hacked into the game, coming from other games. Making them illegal immigrants, here to steal our jobs and gold. Id post the link but I'm not falling into your trap. I'll release more details later. Google it if you want to know the real story. Sick. Just sick.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I have read about these guys. They want a global auction house so they make up these fake news stories to feed people. But really they are working with the communist in Russia. They don't believe in capitalism and so want to destroy these poor little mom and pop trading guilds, that make this game great. They have also all hacked into the game, coming from other games. Making them illegal immigrants, here to steal our jobs and gold. Id post the link but I'm not falling into your trap. I'll release more details later. Google it if you want to know the real story. Sick. Just sick.

There are certainly some trade guilds which harbour gold sellers and take advantage of the enormous profits they bring in. But most don't.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 23, 2017 1:11AM