The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Connection issues for Xbox NA server have not been resolved.

Eliza Godhater
Eliza Godhater
✭✭✭
The banner at the top of the page states that the connection issues have been resolved. That is incorrect. There are lag and crashing issues all over the game, not just in pvp. In the last half hour I have crashed in Vivec city, cyrodiil, and Malabol tor. The bank and guild traders are rediculus slow. And I hope when I load back in, the sharpened ice staff I was listing in the guild trader when I crashed is still in my inventory.
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I have a valid internet connection! Stop telling me I don't!
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the best internet connection in all honesty, But I haven't experienced lag like this since early Beta and that actually led me to Quit for a few years because the game was simply unplayable for me. I am on the NA PC server and countless people have suggested It's something to do with my Graphics or Ram but it's difficult for me to believe it could be anything on my end as this just recently started happening after the latest update. My system couldn't possibly have changed this drastically over night so I'm left to assume as the most logical explanation would be that this is attributed to the Last patch. I don't know when the Banner up top was first posted as I'm not a Forum Frequent but I am concerned enough to the point I am considering unsubscribing until the issue has been fully resolved. I've been online far less than usual because it's just impossible to have an enjoyable experience what with the lag spikes causing my Avatar to skip around on the map, Waiting several minutes for NPCs to appear and when they Do, their mouth lags behind their audible speech by several seconds which is something that has never happened. Not to mention the unpredictable disconnections at the most inconvenient of times... But also to mention them... So It's not only taking away from my experience but has also become a hindrance to other players in Group situations so I've more or less decided to keep to myself until there is some evidence of improvement which basically defeats the purpose of playing an MMO... I don't intend to complain but please Help me!
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the best internet connection in all honesty, But I haven't experienced lag like this since early Beta and that actually led me to Quit for a few years because the game was simply unplayable for me. I am on the NA PC server and countless people have suggested It's something to do with my Graphics or Ram but it's difficult for me to believe it could be anything on my end as this just recently started happening after the latest update. My system couldn't possibly have changed this drastically over night so I'm left to assume as the most logical explanation would be that this is attributed to the Last patch. I don't know when the Banner up top was first posted as I'm not a Forum Frequent but I am concerned enough to the point I am considering unsubscribing until the issue has been fully resolved. I've been online far less than usual because it's just impossible to have an enjoyable experience what with the lag spikes causing my Avatar to skip around on the map, Waiting several minutes for NPCs to appear and when they Do, their mouth lags behind their audible speech by several seconds which is something that has never happened. Not to mention the unpredictable disconnections at the most inconvenient of times... But also to mention them... So It's not only taking away from my experience but has also become a hindrance to other players in Group situations so I've more or less decided to keep to myself until there is some evidence of improvement which basically defeats the purpose of playing an MMO... I don't intend to complain but please Help me!

This sounds different from the connection issues that were hitting last night, which is what this thread was about. Server issues usually involve pretty much the entire server lagging out, booting everyone at the same time.

I hate to say it, but I agree with the people who say this sounds like it's on your end. Specifically, it sounds like your system is having trouble with something about the last update. This can happen... I was playing on a potato computer for years, and it just got more and more unplayable with each update... my guess is that new content tends to add just a bit more to the memory load, which means there can be this moment where your RAM is like "Nope, I'm done." I buckled and bought a new computer a few months ago and it's been running smoothly (minus server crashes like last night) ever since.

But before you have to go to that extreme, try a client repair (from the launcher) and, failing that, delete the client and re-download it. If your issues are caused by a faulty download, that should fix it. Also, check that your video card and sound drivers are all up to date. If you have a video card, make sure that's still going, too... video cards can burn out, and that can kill your ability to play a game like this too. If your card has a fan on it, make sure it's still running when the computer is on... otherwise, you're probably looking at a fried graphics card.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    Fix the crashing please, I'm in the top 100 in Vivec! I'd like to stay there!
  • Jeremiah12LGeek
    Jeremiah12LGeek
    ✭✭✭
    I have been unable to log in since the problem started.

I don't know what they mean by "resolved," but nothing has changed. Hopefully someone will realize the issue was never actually fixed.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just keep the dumpster fire gifs coming....

Somehow ZOS was caught totally unaware that they should be having issues when it's been reported for weeks/months/years?
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    The lag is horrendous, then crash. Twice so far in the last 15 minutes. I'm not even in Cyrodiil, and it's not peak hours!
    Monday, 7/24/17 around 1:30 pm, EST