The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How Are You Enjoying Midyear Madness?

• Drpsychoball
    Drpsychoball
    ✭✭✭
    I'm undecided, because...
    We have been fighting Sooo hard to keep AD in the win on PC NA it has been a daily choir . Now this event the grouping tool breaks , the queue is incredible long and we are barely in a two humdred point lead trying to direct each other ungrouped under comms with only 10hrs left in the 30 days . Why did this event start at the last 24hrs ?! I am very determined to win ! We have not won all year .

@Rohamad_Ali You aldmeri dominions always manage to come back at us daggerfall covenants, that won't be happening for long Bwahahaha
    -PC/NA/DC/AD-
    CP 350
    Drkrazyball - CP160 HealthDK [PVE]
    -Song of Lamae, Engine Guardian, Endurance, Alessia's Bulwark
    Revenganaut - CP160 StamSorc [PVP]
    -Clever Alchemist, Spriggan, Velidreth
    Snikerdoodle - CP160 StamIna NB [PVE]
    -Twice Fanged Snake, Vicious Ophidian, Valkyn Skoria
    Sir-Garfield - CP160 StamIna NB [PVP]
    -Clever Alchemist, Spriggan, Valkyn Skoria, Spriggan
    Don-quixote - CP160 StamIna Thief [PVE]
    -Night's silence, Jailbreaker, Valkyn Skoria
    Wardens of Winterhold

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am loving it, because...
    There is actually people to fight on in nightshift, 3-6 am for NA time zones. The alliance has some level of organisation that is normally lacking during nightshift.

Yay bonuses.

PVP takes up a lot of time and it can just suck your time away so normally I don't actually play that much of it, just whenever I don't have anything else to do.. Or someone steals our scroll!. But now I have motovation to just play it all day and I really do enjoy it.

It is a lot more fun than it has any right to be with the lag and the freezing and long load times.
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun when there is action. Pissed off when i get kicked and have to re queue for sotha
  • Junkkis
    Junkkis
    ✭✭
    double AP is nice but LOADSCREEN LAST 10 MINUTE EVERY TIME!
    tis is not fun at all or interesting.

eso been out 2 year or more and tis same ******* loadscreen **** is still in game?!

fix ur ****!
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying it, lag has been a prob at times but overall not as bad as i thought it would be. Best log in time has been from about 2000 NZL time no delay to Cryo always an open group there.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I bought me a gold vicious death necklace, give me more ap! :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    Well now I can confirm I hate it. Nothing like the game working fine for 2 hours, then taking a keep and fixing it only to get a loadscreen and then getting dropped out of Cyrodiil there by needing re-queue. Flawless, simply flawless.

Time spent playing in Cyrodiil is equal to the time spent in a loadscreen and in queue.

Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    Just a tip:
    Don't group in PvP, it seems like players that are in groups have long load screens.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    PvP is fun and it's nice to get extra rewards for it. Also, it might turn a lot of people onto PvP that were previously intimidated by it. That's a good thing for the game (so long as ZOS doesn't expect everyone to cram into 1 campaign).

The event is great when you can participate. The other stuff is incompetence elsewhere.
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    Bazeric wrote: »
    Well now I can confirm I hate it. Nothing like the game working fine for 2 hours, then taking a keep and fixing it only to get a loadscreen and then getting dropped out of Cyrodiil there by needing re-queue. Flawless, simply flawless.

Time spent playing in Cyrodiil is equal to the time spent in a loadscreen and in queue.

Wow, just back in and literally the first thing that happens, take keep, LOAD SCREEN OF DOOM. WTF?
    Edited by Bazeric on July 22, 2017 9:18PM
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised at how low my ping has been considering the queues of 500+ for campaigns. Just need to beware to not port to a keep with a lot of fighting to not get kicked from the server. Sometimes there are long intense sieges, which I'm loving!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am loving it because it is crazy fun! I only got a little lag but the loading screen times suck!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am hating it, because...
    Boring as hell event not enough sources of ap unless your a pvp god spend 2 hours riding around from keep to keep by thetime i reach em foghts over and ita a ghost town no queue or wait but nothing to do once inside cyrodiil. Still just horse riding simulator tried zerging but after an hour of doig that and getting 1k ap total i lost interest as it was a colossal waste of time all i wanted was to get vigor and caltrops but its just such a bore
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Because hating on anything that ZOS does is cool and gets you a lot of "agrees" by grumpy people.
    Edited by Slack on July 22, 2017 9:41PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was top 100 in vivec and have dropped to 122 because i cant get in.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i got thrones.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Midyear Mayhem is a good name for this event. Why because it is total Mayhem on the servers. Gotta say you have out done yourself this time ZOS this event really takes the cake. Why ZOS decided to make an event in a area of the game that has been plagued with game performance issues for over two years only goes to show the incompetence and (I care less attitude of the company). You are not fooling me, this was an event of make money especially when it required the IC DLC and Morrowind to accomplish all the achievements. Who ever dreamed up this event should have his or her head examined. It has created numerous load screens, crashes, lag and long que's to even get in. In addition some of the achievements (both Pelinerrif achievements requiring a Battleground completion and taking a District In IC are bugged). But that is normal since ZOS never checks anything before putting it out anyways. Now maybe if players are lucky ZOS will fix those achievements before the event ends and of course if anything is done it will be during the weekly maintenance. If you think the delves are going to get off their butts to fix those issues right away, think again. ZOS you folks are pathetic. Lucky for you I am not in charge of hiring or firing. Many of you would be standing in Food Stamp lines right now.
    Edited by Palidon on July 22, 2017 10:29PM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if only skills, doors, swaps, transits, mounts worked consistantly in pvp...

it's good fun, when it works. but it breaks far too often.
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I like the double AP, since it's allowing me to save some AP for motifs and increase my main's alliance rank faster, but at the same time, the population is killing me. My main's home is Vivec and her guest is Sotha Sil. I spend ages waiting in queue just to get into Sotha Sil (not even going to bother with Vivec for a long while) and then my own alliance winds up driving me nuts.

Nothing beats the disconnects, though. I rage more when I get disconnected and booted out of Cyrodiil than when I get ganked. Gotta love being in a 150+ queue to get back in, only to find that your alliance is suddenly doing terribly when you do get back in. Bah.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess what? I went in last night for the very fist time, and had a blast! It was so much fun!!! I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm trying to follow what people are saying and figuring things out a bit. Yes, I died anytime someone from another faction got close to me. I can't keep up with how fast these players that know what they are doing move around. But I had a couple of shots before I got started and that helped the whole anxiety issue for me. Looking forward to going in again, now that I have made it past that first scary step :)
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2) BG. So I decided to go for BG, because there shouldn't be suck issues, but ZOS managed to make even BG ****. Are you kidding, or you removed all game modes but the most stupid and annoying Capture the Crap? I hate it. Today I played 7 BG and didn't have any single TDM or domination. I have not seen TDM for a really long time actually.

Don't worry. In the next DLC they want you to chaotically play with your balls in Battlegrounds!

PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be fun, but the fights are super laggy in Cryodiil. I went to IC to try and find some small scale. I ran through the sewers and not a single player. I went through the districts and found nothing but a DC mini zerg flipping flags. Not sure what EP was flipping flags back to red because I didn't see them at all. Oh well.
    PC/EU DC
  • Necomis
    Necomis
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I'd like to play but all things considered. It's total FUBAR and not worth the hassle.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The boxes contain crap and i cant get my damn wreath till monday

The boxes surely are worse than the previous event rewards. :(
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Would be fun, but the fights are super laggy in Cryodiil. I went to IC to try and find some small scale. I ran through the sewers and not a single player. I went through the districts and found nothing but a DC mini zerg flipping flags. Not sure what EP was flipping flags back to red because I didn't see them at all. Oh well.

I was in IC earlier and ended up grouping with 2 others. We were DC and we flipped flags. It was around 2pm. I didn't see any EP or AD.

I can't help but wonder if you are one of those people who calls any group more than you a zerg.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...an update... still loving it...got 3 of my stam toons caltrops and vigor...and the question haven't been that bad... also got about a million AP so I'm pretty happy... Next I'll be bringing in my under 50 toons to Sotha...
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    The boxes contain crap and i cant get my damn wreath till monday

The boxes surely are worse than the previous event rewards. :(

Akaviri motifs appear to have abysmal drop-rates (as I predicted). And yet, there is supposedly a chance for the entire book to be received. LOL!
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Typhoios wrote: »

I was in IC earlier and ended up grouping with 2 others. We were DC and we flipped flags. It was around 2pm. I didn't see any EP or AD.

I can't help but wonder if you are one of those people who calls any group more than you a zerg.

It was 10+ people. In my opinion any group larger than 4 - 6 in IC is a mini zerg. In Cryodiil anything more than 12 or so is a zerg in my eyes.
    PC/EU DC
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hating because I don't PvP and this event doesn't give double XP.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I'm hating because I don't PvP and this event doesn't give double XP.

This event wouldn've easily been a major success, if it also incorporated double experience gained for the PvE community. I'm sure ZOS knows that PvE'ers make-up the vast majority of the game's population, so why they would make an event that solely focuses on the minority — I have no idea. Bad move, in my opinion.