The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Are You Enjoying Midyear Madness?

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm undecided, because...
    Somehow I thought getting people to group in IC would actually be easier during the event, but no such luck. All "LFG"s are ignores, Zone is dead, and finding someone to have my back as I take a district is a no-go.

I can't really blame ZOS, though. The playerbase really owns this particular flaw.

Still have plenty to try out, so we'll see. But the first thing I attempted is kind of sucking so far.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    Somehow I thought getting people to group in IC would actually be easier during the event, but no such luck. All "LFG"s are ignores, Zone is dead, and finding someone to have my back as I take a district is a no-go.

I can't really blame ZOS, though. The playerbase really owns this particular flaw.

Still have plenty to try out, so we'll see. But the first thing I attempted is kind of sucking so far.

@MasterSpatula My advice is to wait until late in the night/early morning (if possible), and then attempt to make your move regarding the capturing of a district achievement. It's what I did to obtain the achievement, and without a group. Just me and my MagDK. :)
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hating it, because...
    Queues to long for the first 3 days, now when I can get in I play for 5 minutes and then lag hits like a slide show and crash.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)

I rarely read chat, so I would not see an LFG. But if someone invites me to group in IC, like earlier, I group.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am loving it, because...
    PvP is fun and double AP & boon boxes are awesome! :)
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the lag is to bad and always a que now way to many people playing zergs doubled and full of pver who are bad at pvp using destroy ult to carry and was told that necro or silks of sun isn't sold in the event with all JERWERLY so with so many people playing making lag worse why play it gives no gear for my warden or magdk
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Nullmagic
    Nullmagic
    ✭✭
    The game is too broken to actually play it.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's PvP
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    Final blow nonsense. How are support roles meant to complete that 50 kill achievement?

just run around spamming light attack in a zerg, it wont be the fastest to 50 Kbs but you'll get there
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am enjoying it by playing a lot of BG's. I get into matches almost instantly and the double ap after the match is nice, the most I've gotten so far is 9.5k.
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    The boxes contain crap and i cant get my damn wreath till monday

The boxes surely are worse than the previous event rewards. :(

Akaviri motifs appear to have abysmal drop-rates (as I predicted). And yet, there is supposedly a chance for the entire book to be received. LOL!

Yeah, but last anniversary boxes had much better drop chances (and much better loot table). :(
    Looting Pelinals boxes is the same as killing a mob or 2 in IC... Just a few tel vars and a soul gem or a single wall repair.
    Ofc, free stuff is free stuff, but still.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Would be fun, but the fights are super laggy in Cryodiil. I went to IC to try and find some small scale. I ran through the sewers and not a single player. I went through the districts and found nothing but a DC mini zerg flipping flags. Not sure what EP was flipping flags back to red because I didn't see them at all. Oh well.

I was in IC earlier and ended up grouping with 2 others. We were DC and we flipped flags. It was around 2pm. I didn't see any EP or AD.

I can't help but wonder if you are one of those people who calls any group more than you a zerg.

went in, killed a few daedra, flipped the temple district flag, and made my way back to the ad base.

i know there were other players as some of the flag flipped while i was there, but i never saw anyone.
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    This one still ponders the idea of fighting another adventurer in a war that is not really hers. This one would much rather empty the homes of all those brave little cookies out there, but she is also a very curious kitten who must try and try again to join the fray!
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading screens in Cyrodiil over and over...unable to play.
    Campos de oro
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    Double AP is welcome and allowing me to unlock caltrops on my characters, but I'm not exactly in love with this event or anything. It's made a chore slightly less of a chore.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: The big fights are a blast. As always, they're the best part about ESO PVP. The ones where two sides fight over the same keep for a half hour or more and you're never really sure which side is going to win. That's what PVP in this game is all about for me. That's absolutely the reason to PVP in ESO.

Problem is, you're not getting a whole lot of "Rewards for the Worthy" from those battles. Thank goodness the bounty board missions reward the boxes as well, or the reward part of the event would be a complete bust.

I haven't opened any of my boxes yet. I sure hope the people reporting that the drop rate on the desirable stuff is terrible are full of it, because that would not be okay.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on July 23, 2017 5:35AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice AP. Played almost the entire afternoon/evening yesterday. No crashes, a few laggy situations but overall bearable.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Douple AP, no lag even in full campaings, and good reason to go to Cyrodiil
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An update on Bright's Adventures in PvP-land: Three days into the event and I'm at 43 kills, through a combination of siege, mage's wrath spam, the soul magic ulti (although most of the time other people sniped kills away when I used this), and sheer dumb luck. Sometimes I get a couple kills in a fight, and others I go kill-less for a couple hours. Apart from the seven remaining kills and the BG victory, I've gotten all of this event's achieves.

Over the last two days, there have been some really fun moments, like running around with the PRG zerg most of the day. Other times, like when I'm at Bleakers and the treb/ballista/oil I set up decides to remain invisible (along with the enemy players and their AoEs) for the entirety of the fight, or when people start raging and berating the entirety of EP zone chat, have made taking toothpicks to my eyes seem preferable.

Throw in the lag, long queue times, and general server instability, and I think I still hate this event more than I love it. Don't get me wrong. The double AP is outstanding. I've gone from Tyro 2 (I think) to Corporal 2 in 3 days, and am working on my alliance skills on my nightblade alt. I've gotten a couple pact motif pages (one of which was a dupe) and 6 different volumes of The Song of Pelinal. At present though, the bad seems to considerably overshadow the good. I can say that I won't bother trying to get the title on any character but my main. It's just not worth the hassle.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I can't say I hate it, but it is the least favorite of all the holiday events. I have no complaints about the rewards, however, even with 2 additional pvp servers opened for the event, there is still terrible lag. Most of the time, while I am actively being attacked, I cannot swap skill bars and to add insult to injury, my potions won't go off.

At least half of the time when I try to make my character do something (run, change direction, use a skill, ect.,) there is a .5 to 1 second delay when I'm anywhere near combat. Also, there is also a lot of visual stuttering, which makes me feel woozy, kinda like I have a mild case of motion sickness.

Excluding the stuttering, I have experienced these problems at times while pvp'ing in cyro (prior to the event), however, since the event started, these problems have gotten much worse.
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Midmayhem Sadness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVjsGKrE6E8
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great opportunity to farm skill points on my alts while i wait for the 800 queue to pop
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on July 23, 2017 8:40AM
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Final blow nonsense. How are support roles meant to complete that 50 kill achievement?

Easy: Siege weapons. I got that achievement within 2 hours max.
  • Apokalypt
    Apokalypt
    ✭✭✭
    It is pure ***. The worst thing (except double ap) to ever be in this game.

As a pve tank, it is absolute hell and almost impossible to complete the achievements. Battlegrounds are *** and unbalanced, can`t win a single game, every game has this one no-life-only-pvp-all-the-time-group that just roflstomps the other.

I don`t know who had this stupid idea, but whoever it was, probably got his head hit in an accident...
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skjoldur wrote: »

Easy: Siege weapons. I got that achievement within 2 hours max.

Ah yes, there were so many on their siege weapons in Sotha Sil we couldn't push in and take a keep with TWO breaches. I'm a dirty pve scrub but let me tell you, I can't just sit behind a siege and spam it when we need to push, but maybe that's my old FPS days talking here.

I might have to resort to this method later though... I'm getting desperate lol
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had mixed feelings

I have been playing 2 evenings (well queuing a lot)

This is so bad i wish for it to be over(first time in my life i wish a mmo event was over earlier)

Worst implementation ever: 450+ queue that you have to restart every infinite loading screen.... laggy environment.... messed up ranking as most people cant log in normally

Please give me back my cyrodill
  • jcreinke
    jcreinke
    Soul Shriven
    Kinda not liking it at the mmoment due to the Killing Blow achievement making it very hard for support classes aka tanks and healers, to get a killing blow.
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    The first night I got in last week it was mostly unplayable, lag, etc like everyone else is reporting. I then got in Friday 4AM EST for a few hours, no problems, had a great time in Sotha with guildies mixed with PUG group. I haven't been able to play much lately, but what I have been able to do was fun for the most part. Oh, and the lag etc finally pushed me to go from tweaked wireless on my end over to wired, seems to have helped some. At least I hope to have eliminated any performance problems on my end, it's all back end ZOS issues now.

Anyway, my thoughts for now. Sucks to have to work the weekend (unusual for my job).
    Edited by TazESO on July 23, 2017 11:46AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I'm just waiting for the Battlegrounds bug to be fixed, and for my MagDK to hit centurion. Both of which appear to be right around the corner. Once done, I couldn't care less about this event. I'll be straight, and have completed my goals for this event. A new: Cosmetic, rank, and title. :)
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the extra AP but not the long queue times. The rewards I'm getting are ok but to me not great.