The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Make Mount skills shared amongst characters

GuardianStriker
GuardianStriker
✭✭✭
Seriously, it's stupid that the mount skill ups that we purchased from the Crown store is not shared among other characters that players have. It's not like we play one character and that's it and it makes no sense to not have the riding skills like speed, capacity and stamina not carry over to your other chars.

I would be fine if riding skills bought with gold didn't carry over, but when it has been bought from the Crown store and it doesn't carry over, that's just bogus. Please fix this Zenimax.

Don't want to re-buy those mount skill ups again with crowns.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I think the only reason why they don't do this is because they want to sell riding lessons in the Crown Store.
    I wish they'd at least give subscribers double mount training, if we can't have mount training shared amongst all characters.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newtin likes spending six months training horses every day for every character. Either that or he buys riding lessons in the Crown Store. :/

Really, I would be fine with the current system if it didn't take literally six months to finish it, and that's only if you train every single day. If it only took one or two months for each character, there wouldn't be an issue.

But meh. It probably won't change. I think the only thing we can hope for is that one day they might consider double mount training for subscribers, as a subscriber benefit.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be grateful it's not per mount.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Blackbeard
    Should make it 2 skill points per day if you are a eso+ subscriber. :)
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ That.

I remember the days when it was, and when the cheaper mounts had a slower base speed, so you had to balance the time and gold invested in your dumpy little Sorrel horse with just buying a higher quality mount.

*Shakes cane at kids on lawn*

This current system is fine, imo. It does what the devs want it to do--which is either make you log in every day or spend lots of Crowns. If Crown riding lessons affected all mounts, you'd better bet it would be way more expensive, and then anyone who doesn't have a dozen alts would be crying foul at the price. There is just no winning for the devs, here.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on July 21, 2017 12:51PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they really do this, they better refund the 45k gold spent for each full mount training on alts and a further good extra for the time wasted.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    If they really do this, they better refund the 45k gold spent for each full mount training on alts and a further good extra for the time wasted.

Like all the refunds we got when they changed it from a per mount basis to a per character basis? lol

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Like all the refunds we got when they changed it from a per mount basis to a per character basis? lol

I don't know what happened back then, I know though for sure how much I spent for horses training on alts in few months, both gold and time.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what happened back then, I know though for sure how much I spent for horses training on alts in few months, both gold and time.

Basically IF this change were to come about, don't expect a refund because it'll never happen.
    Edited by Sigtric on July 21, 2017 10:40PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically IF this change were to come about, don't expect a refund because it'll never happen.

I don't think will happen the whole thing in the first place, they would lose money from the training lessons.

lll
    lll
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I would like this. Mount training takes a long time, and is just not fun. It also discourages me from making alts, which in turn keeps me from making a lot of Crown store purchases. For instance, there are outfits, mounts and pets that I would love to use for a certain type of character, but the thought of training up their mount skill from the beginning means the character doesn't get created. And no, buying mount skills from the crown store is not an option- not nearly enough value for the crowns.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having training shared per account has several advantages:
    • Players would have less incentives to log into the game with their alts. Less alts you play, less time you spend in the game. Bad for ZOS.
    • There are items in the Store that allows you tospeed things up. If it were that fast and shared, these items would be useless. Bad for ZOS.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acount wide riding training is bad for ZOS, so it will never happen.
    Accept it.
    They want to sell those crown riding lessions after all...
    ...if you really cannot wait, buy those. ;)
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO No no.
    Just started 3 new alts recently and I train them all from zero. What's the problem to reload game on a daily basis just for a little training.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I agree. I think the only reason why they don't do this is because they want to sell riding lessons in the Crown Store.

Funny thing is... they don't. Mount training lessons are only available with Crown Gems. I was trying to buy some with crowns the other day, and they don't exist outside the Crown Crates section.

I would also like the ability to start new characters with fully leveld mounts (do it once, never do it again) or be able to purchase lessons without having to waste crowns on crates.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny thing is... they don't. Mount training lessons are only available with Crown Gems. I was trying to buy some with crowns the other day, and they don't exist outside the Crown Crates section.

I would also like the ability to start new characters with fully leveld mounts (do it once, never do it again) or be able to purchase lessons without having to waste crowns on crates.

You can buy them straight up with crowns.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It used to be.

Back when the game originally launched, each mount was, effectively, a separate item, that had to be leveled on its own. Of course, back then, mounts were also level capped at 50, so you couldn't max out all three lines, and it only took a little under two months to finish one. You could also train multiple mounts at once, if you wanted to cough up the gold for it.

Crown Store -> Upgrades -> Riding Lessons -> 1k for a bundle of 10, flavor of your choice.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, it's stupid that the mount skill ups that we purchased from the Crown store is not shared among other characters that players have. It's not like we play one character and that's it and it makes no sense to not have the riding skills like speed, capacity and stamina not carry over to your other chars.

I would be fine if riding skills bought with gold didn't carry over, but when it has been bought from the Crown store and it doesn't carry over, that's just bogus. Please fix this Zenimax.

Don't want to re-buy those mount skill ups again with crowns.

please fix what? nothings broken. 6 characters, 5 maxxed riding so far. and there are people with more and if they can do it, you can do it. it will cost you 1 crafting daily per day in gold. if that.