The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Night Blade pet question

Malacthulhu
Malacthulhu
✭✭✭✭
In regards to the new pet changes has this effected shadow image ? I am on xbox and thanks to you pc folk for all the testing you do before it hits console.
Edited by Malacthulhu on July 20, 2017 9:54PM
Xbox One Na
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shadow images don't have health right? So there will be no effect.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt the update include scaling off cp dmg buffs as well or it already does I guess. Stupid question, my bad. I guess potentially this change could allow for it to double dip dmg from cp tree.

Any monster summoned by an Item Set proc now inherits any bonuses you have. The most notable bonuses are damage done and healing done from passive abilities, Major/Minor buffs, or the Champion System.
    Edited by Malacthulhu on July 20, 2017 10:09PM
    Xbox One Na
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wondering that too because it's pathetic right now
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tested them on the pts a few days ago, and they still hit like a soggy sweetroll. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I think they need to apply the same rules as proc sets and then increase the base damage. Our pets suck.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes on the PTS were specifically aimed at pets from monster sets, not pets from class skills. So I would assume not, but I haven't tested.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please ZOS make shades worth using.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any monster summoned by an Item Set proc now inherits any bonuses you have. The most notable bonuses are damage done and healing done from passive abilities, Major/Minor buffs, or the Champion System.

This doesn't effect Sorc summons so it wouldn't affect Summon Shade either...

.... but if you're complaining about Shade/s, you have to remember: they're immune to damage, can't be targeted or stopped, apply Minor Maim (target does 15% less damage) on hit... and they only take up one bar slot because they're not toggles (they just have a duration).

For a long time only NB's could use Necropotence simply because Sorc pets had so many weaknesses they weren't worth using. Shades serve their purpose well, but that purpose isn't doing damage.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭

This doesn't effect Sorc summons so it wouldn't affect Summon Shade either...

.... but if you're complaining about Shade/s, you have to remember: they're immune to damage, can't be targeted or stopped, apply Minor Maim (target does 15% less damage) on hit... and they only take up one bar slot because they're not toggles (they just have a duration).

For a long time only NB's could use Necropotence simply because Sorc pets had so many weaknesses they weren't worth using. Shades serve their purpose well, but that purpose isn't doing damage.

For me this thread is answered. It was not my goal to ask for a buff etc. I just wanted to see if they were. Thanks to everyone that helped answer my question. Lets not turn this into a buff Shade thread please, if someone wants to then may as well start a new thread. Once again thanks for the info.
    Xbox One Na
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Please ZOS make shades worth using.

Run the Necropetence set and they are worthwhile on a MagBlade
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"