Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

[Video] Convince your friends to play ESO!

EttinTheBreton
EttinTheBreton
✭✭✭
Hi everybody,

I made two videos to convince my friend to play ESO with me. Do you have a friend that you want to play ESO with, but they are not yet ready to pay for it? Does your friend love all the single-player TES games, but they are hesitant to play TES as an MMO? Feel free to watch and share the videos below! If you like, go ahead and make your own video to convince your friend, and share that video here too :)

Let me know what you think, and share your reasons for why my friend (and yours) should be playing! I encourage everyone to get their friends to play, because more players = longer lifespan for ESO. Personally, I think there has never been a better time to join. Also, I would appreciate fact-checking for both of my videos. If I get something wrong, please do tell. I've spent over 100 hours on this game, and I still feel like a newbie, which is GREAT! Thanks!

Part ONE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0LmQa_akk

Part TWO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Hyj4lzB70

Thanks for the feedback <3
(Edit: my friend doesn't want to play yet, but it's all good! It's been awhile since I've made a video, and I had a bunch of fun with these two :) )
Edited by EttinTheBreton on July 21, 2017 1:02PM
I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The videos are well done! I agree with all your points. It seems gear more towards people who never played or played very little of TES games. May be in part three, you can talk lore and how ESO fits in the TES lore and world better or be more geared for those who are hard core TES players and not so sure ESO is really a TES game or not. The part one is great for those who only got your foot wet, but a little to basic for those who have their whole body wet.

Cannot wait for part two. B)

I played TES IV and V to the ground -- loved to play more of them but I complete ran out of stuff to do in the game. I been here since beta and I love ESO because there is so much content in the game -- been here for 3 (almost 4) years now. I still feel overwhelmed with content to do. LOL B) (a good problem to have :* )
    Edited by k9mouse on July 20, 2017 12:18AM
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    @k9mouse Thanks for the kind words! And you make very good points in your feedback. Talking about how ESO fits so nicely in with TES lore would be a great talking point. I feel like many people may not think ESO is a true Elder Scrolls game, only because it was made by a dev team with an MMO in mind (just the word MMO carries so much baggage). But since ZOS did such a great job with staying true to the lore and their fans, I'm so happy to be playing it.

My friend and I both played TES IV and V straight into the ground :D That's great to hear, seriously I am overwhelmed with how much there is to do.

And part two is LIVE and in 1080p!
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on July 20, 2017 12:07AM
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can us updated if your friend play ESO or not. =)
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Can us updated if your friend play ESO or not. =)

I will edit the original post with the final verdict, haha!
  • Aaron_Sparrow
    Aaron_Sparrow
    Soul Shriven
    Good job @EttinTheBreton ! :D

I would also like to add that the ESO community is not toxic.

Ps. I hope that your friend joins you.
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Good job @EttinTheBreton ! :D

I would also like to add that the ESO community is not toxic.

Ps. I hope that your friend joins you.

Thanks Aaron! You're the best :) I agree that the ESO community is largely nicer than most video game communities. I've enjoyed conversations about the single-player TES games with people too (also our guild is the best :P ).

If anyone shows these videos to their friends, let us know! I also think it would be awesome if someone makes their own version, how can we convince people to join us?
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Update: my friend has joined ESO! Also their fiancé has joined, along with two of my other friends! WOW :)