The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invisible man

badmojo
badmojo
✭✭✭✭✭
Can a nightblade hit you with multiple skills like ambush, incap, and others without ever coming out of stealth?

I chased down a ganking nb the othet day and finally killed him, then instantly I started being hit by something, but there was nothing there, then I hear the sounds of somebody hitting me with ambush and incap ult.... still nobody visible, and since I was low on stamina and pot was on cooldown he finished me off and then rez'd the first nb....never coming out of stealth.

Ive played since beta. I know what its like to be ambushed by nb and killed quickly, but I have never before seen someone use so many abilities without being seen. How is this done? And if its possible then why doesnt everyone do it?
Edited by badmojo on July 19, 2017 10:24PM
[DC/NA]
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get this all the time. It is related to how overloaded the server is or smth at the moment. It takes like 1-2 sec to to reveal nightblades once they started attacking and if they cloak right away you obviously never get to see them...

Tho you can never completely rule out it was some bug abuser or cheater
    Edited by SodanTok on July 19, 2017 11:12PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We stamblades do many amazing things. (But not that, lol).

This sounds like a lag issue. If you think about it, the game has to coordinate the control inputs of two players hundreds of miles apart through servers sending info back and forth. Something that's (probably) happening all the time are tiny, one second delays that the game smooths out for the best player experience. You might not notice most of them. Bigger ones result in your character jumping a few feet, or an attack taking a little longer to proc.

As a stamblade, what I think sometimes happens is I launch my attacks against another player right at one of these lag seconds happens to them (not on purpose, from my perspective and theirs, there's no issue). Because of our playstyle...ambush, incap, surprise, surprise, execute, these all land in like a second even when the game is working right. But Because the game is already kinda confused in this lag scenario, this can create an additional lag while things process awkwardly, creating additional glitches.

From my assassin perspective, what I see is a player I've stalked moving around like normal, then when I move to kill him he's a little slow to react and dies. I can't tell if his system froze...maybe he was distracted in real life, or looking at his menu, or thinking about pot pies. But on my end, the game proceeds as normal, with a corpse now littering the driveway.

From the victim's perspective (I've been in this position too) what we get varies. Often attack music and an attack audio cue, then we look around and don't see anything. Then a second later bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, we're dead. When this glitch occurs, I think it can trigger others...like the system can forget to make the NB visible for you again. I assume that command went through, then got hung up and bypassed during the lag, so now there's nothing to make him visible for you.

These minor lag incidents are off the charts since update 14. Major problems seem less severe, but issues like what you describe are out of control.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see a lot of invisible/stealhed rezzing going on lately. Not only by nightblades.

something is fishy
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the other, the getting killed by an invisible man thing is just good ole lag.
    The rezzing from stealth has been happening for months I think.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>