The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

The ultimate destro needs a nerf

Crowzer
Crowzer
✭✭✭
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But you don't get one-shotted by it.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    The emp do.
    This is same *** with the old swarm bat ulti.
    Edited by Crowzer on July 13, 2017 9:35AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only Eye of the Noob. The static morph is fine and could actually need a buff.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this skill one shots you, you probably need more health or a shield.

I mean I won't argue it's strong and sucks to be hit by a swarm of them, but it's not a one shot skill.

What's your health if this can one shot?

Edited by Turelus on July 13, 2017 9:49AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only noobs or You VS zerf die on Eye of the storm.

It's telegraphed, and there is a ton of counters.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    It's only Eye of the Noob. The static morph is fine and could actually need a buff.

@Feanor
    Does it?

Lets compare it to Meteor in trials.

It deals nearly the same single target damage but has 3 times the area, making it ideal in any situation where you can hit a boss and an add with it. It's perfect for bursting large groups of mobs and overshaodws meteor despite the fact Meteor refunds a small amount of ulti for each mob hit.
    It costs 50 ultimate more, less than 50 for sorcerers, making this it's only downside.
    It does not stun, which is beneficial in most scenarios as it allows the mob to be chained.
    Unlike meteor it fully scales of Thaumaturge, where most mage DDs have 75 points and it gives access to Destro ult passives that, combat wise, are far superior to Mage Guild passives.

If that did not convince you, look at a vet trial. The destro ulti is used by nearly every single mage DD, it's huge damage overshadowing any more interesting utility skills like the Nova, Negate or Standard.
    Edited by Draqone on July 13, 2017 11:24AM
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Draqone

Sorry, I was commenting from a PvP view. Should have made that clearer.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't one shot you, you're seeing the total damage over time. But yes, in its current form in pvp it's too strong. I wouldn't say damage needs to be nerfed but that kind of movable aoe damage needs to come with some sort of cost. Other ultis cost as much and are nowhere near as powerful, like wereworlf form. As has been suggested many times before, slow the caster by 50-75% (I think this would be the best option), prevent it from stacking, and remove the use of other abilities for its duration. You cannot outrun it if sorcs are streaking towards you.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destro Ultimate is really only powerful in group play. 1v1 its very easy to deal with in most cases, its when you have multiple people in a group layering it that it becomes a problem.

I wouldn't be against disabling gap closers/Bolt Escape while its active and snaring the user 30-40% during its duration.

the other morph, the ground target one is actually fine as is and competitive with other ultimates.

just my 2 cents
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eye of the storm with the old pts damage model would be perfect.
    PS4 NA DC
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Only noobs or You VS zerf die on Eye of the storm.

It's telegraphed, and there is a ton of counters.

what counters if yer class has no dmg shield? When they can just stick to you with lotus fan etc. the dmg seems way off.

If ZOS bother to collect analyze statistics they'd see the problem.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs to be changed that running through a negate ends eots. Or make it not stack. Or not able to cap close with it running.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ultimate is only dangerous in combination with viscous death and PuGs. If you move away from them, you can kill he glass cannon destro ult user if you have decent impen, decent HoTs, decent damage+heals, or decent defenses like mist form.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eye of the storm is the real problem, as some people mentioned. Caster based high-damage skills and dots (pulsar, then baswarm, then proxy det, then EotS) were and still are one of the core problem in pvp. They require no skill to land so are extremely strong in group, and bat (before nerf) and EotS give you the ability to do other skills at the same time, boosting the damage and burst potential by a fair amount.

I think one of the best change for EotS would be to boost the damage (same damage as the static morph)… but make it chanelled. No more gap closer, streak, control spam or aoe spam during the storm. Even if non interruptible (as ritual and soul assault) it would be far more technical to use it.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro Ult is not OP. The amount of stupidity in Cyrodiil due to fools stacking together in zergs is OP.

Want to see less of Destro Ult?
    Stop zerging. Destro Ult is only used because it's great at clearing 20+ players stacked at the front door. This is the EXACT same reason why Tether-Bomb was/is so effective. You zerglings literally kill yourselves by clustering up in one spot.

Don't have a shield or have low health?
    Stop zerging. It makes you an open target and being that squishy means you should be in a small group or solo. As a shield-less zergling, you are merely cannon fodder.

Are you in a small, coordinated group or solo?
    Congratulations, you got gud. You learned the secret of the common sense strategy towards success in Cyrodiil. You can effectively flank, CC, and burst down a foolish ulti-spammer because you can STRATEGIZE and COMMUNICATE. You are able to stealth up your group of 2-5 players and perform effective attacks, such as bombing other zergs!
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eye of the storm with the old pts damage model would be perfect.
    Too bad the brilliant minds over here trashed it without even testing it.

I actually think it's fine, there are plenty of defensive ults to deal with it. Seriously, you really want fights that never end uh.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    It costs 50 ultimate more, less than 50 for sorcerers, making this it's only downside.

meteor = 170 for sorcerer , 200 for other
    Destro ultimate = 213 for sorcerer , 250 for other .

• Tr4gicDe4th
    Tr4gicDe4th
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like they only want to nerf it because the build they use doesn't use it. If we nerfed the ulti for their specific builds they would have a heart attack lol
    Edited by Tr4gicDe4th on July 13, 2017 2:34PM
    Xbox One - NA
    Gamertag: Tr4gicDe4th

***Need unwanted motifs for my crafter***
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crowzer wrote: »
    The emp do.
    This is same *** with the old swarm bat ulti.

I agree that the Emp buffs are a tad too strong. Its not just Eye that they can burst you with.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with negate killing it. Short of that it's not a huge deal.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another "lets nerf this" because I cant play thread. There is a giant red circle around the caster...move out of the way, its not hard...you range the caster while staying out of the AoE. Do I sometimes die to this? Sure, but no more often than any other skill or ult in PvP

On another note, I love using the PvE morph while in PvP...very useful for taking keeps and the like...pretty worthless in the open though, unless you are a magicka DK with chains.
    Edited by josiahva on July 13, 2017 3:14PM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destro Ultimate is really only powerful in group play. 1v1 its very easy to deal with in most cases, its when you have multiple people in a group layering it that it becomes a problem.

I wouldn't be against disabling gap closers/Bolt Escape while its active and snaring the user 30-40% during its duration.

the other morph, the ground target one is actually fine as is and competitive with other ultimates.

just my 2 cents

If you were to make it so that you can't gap close then this ulty can stay with the same dmg.

The problem is that even though it is a "red circle" skills and we keep getting told by the toxic L2Prs to get out of the red circle, the user of the ulty can easily gap close on you and keep damaging you.

ZOS nerf this ulty some how.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest problem with Eye of the Storm is that the CC from fear takes 10 minutes to break free
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who don't see the problem with destro ulti love the destro ulti. They offer advice that they know isn't practical; just get out of it, mist form (while rooted and negated apparently), stop zerging (because everyone should make their own breach at a keep), or they pretend that you're complaining about a single storm from a single squishy caster.
    They're intentionally sidestepping the issue of high health, stacked AoE storm groups, most likely because they're in one.
    I do it too, though, and yes this ulti is a problem because of gap closers, pairing with negates, and it's high raw damage and large radius.
    It's true that if storms get nerfed, organized groups will simply do something else and still be more effective than disorganized groups or groups that don't build for group play, but EotS is so much easier and covers so much more ground that there's really no comparison.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, Sandman. You hit the nail on the head.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just my 2 cents

If you were to make it so that you can't gap close then this ulty can stay with the same dmg.

The problem is that even though it is a "red circle" skills and we keep getting told by the toxic L2Prs to get out of the red circle, the user of the ulty can easily gap close on you and keep damaging you.

You know what? You can also CC them back. You can also ward through it - I have done it with ease. Wardens have the best defense in the form of Permafrost - being able to stack 38% damage reduction ON TOP OF wards and a cleansing netch on demand. There's also the argument that they can only gap close ONE person, not a group, unless of course that group is stupid and stays clustered together as they run from the ult...
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

just my 2 cents

You know what? You can also CC them back. You can also ward through it - I have done it with ease. Wardens have the best defense in the form of Permafrost - being able to stack 38% damage reduction ON TOP OF wards and a cleansing netch on demand. There's also the argument that they can only gap close ONE person, not a group, unless of course that group is stupid and stays clustered together as they run from the ult...

You know what? It sounds like a lot of work for me to play against that ridiculous ulty that does massive aoe damage around you effortlessly while you still attack me with skills or gap close on me and stack damage shields/heal
    So lets cut the crap and do away with stupid skills and make Eso better instead of worse.

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pts eye of the storm was balanced.. but aint nobody care :/
    PS4 NA DC
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro ult is only scary when his sister Nancy Negate and chromosome missing cousin Robert Roots come out to play
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage is too high when it is stacked. When a sorc streaks through you and then a group moving with major expedition and EOTS active runs through you, you will die as soon as they touch you, before you get a chance to break free from the streak. It is simply not possible to react fast enough before dying (assuming average cyrodiil stats, not a 100% tank).

It is so effective that there are groups doing nothing else for hours on end. Charge ultimate, streak, wipe unlimited numbers of opposition in one or two seconds. The only counter is an enemy group doing the same thing. That's not healthy for PvP.

Solution: getting damaged by EOTS gives 0.9 second immunity to EOTS damage. Since it ticks once per second this will not affect a single EOTS(the immunity will expire before next tick), but stacking multiple EOTS won't mean insta-death.