The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Housing npcs, what type do you want for your home?

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jester, traditional or like the last 3 from festival

Ash titan (for the roof)

Steel drum band

Old man/woman loremaster who reads lorebooks

Skooma headz creepin around the behind stables

A bouncer at the door who visitors have to defeat in a duel if they can't afford the cover charge - like in Sovngarde

Who am I kidding? Inb4 npc centepede...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Striper

A person who paints stripes on things
    Edited by Voxicity on July 11, 2017 7:43PM
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory space.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gave this a little extra thought

I want Cadwel to just wander around my house interacting with my furniture because i always suggested he should come see the world. upon interacting with it he will randomly quote himself from earlier interactions, and possibly allow us to hear new musings from him (assuming there were lines recorded that hit the 'cutting room floor' and out-takes)
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NOthing that keeps people out of the open world. So no trader (maybe guild is fine) no banker.

The world will feel dead if people don't have to leave their house.

I would love them to figure a way to have your other characters walking around and interacting. Like show a tank taking hits from a mob, or a dps hitting the dummy etc.

All houses should have a stable where you see your mounts, and your pets walking around the house as well.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my houses (each character gets their own) is going to be a cult type theme. Have just started it so not sure if I will need mindless minions to drink the kool-aide or mindless minions to chant as one of the more virtuous gets sacrificed. Either way I need mindless minions.

Oh yeah and one of my other characters would like some birds in the trees and maybe a squirrel or rabbit running around in the garden.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    Lusty argonian maids...lots of em

22 replies before someone thought of this? Shame on you trolls. Shame. Slackers.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Guild store NPC
    • Repair kit vendor NPC
    • Enchanting rune vendor NPC
    • Writ turn-in NPC
    • Make all your offline characters spawn as NPCs that you can trade inventory with
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Dunmer NPCs that I can place in my Argonian home as slaves
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't read through it, but pretty sure this one wants all of the above. Maybe that is a dangerous choice, this one will ponder upon that whilst dreaming of many servants.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to place my alts in my house. Also some servant who can pick up daily pledges and writs for me.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Guild store NPC
    • Repair kit vendor NPC
    • Enchanting rune vendor NPC
    • Writ turn-in NPC
    • Make all your offline characters spawn as NPCs that you can trade inventory with

I vote no on all but the last one if you are thinking functional NPC. The last one I give a solid maybe.

Certain areas of the game already seem empty no need to make that problem worse.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, thank you.

It's easy enough to port to any city from any part of the world if you want a bank/merchant/any other NPC.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runners - writ pickup and delivery

Repairmen

Groomers - riding lesson

Hirelings - stores up the daily emails every 12 orv24 hr

Bards

Traders - access to my guild stores.

Etc
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, a thousand times this!!!!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - first, increase the item limit
    - then buff the banker, so that she give guild bank access
    - then a bard
    - some pretty female altmer partying girls
    - a cook npc
    - gardener npc
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    - first, increase the item limit
    - then buff the banker, so that she give guild bank access
    - then a bard
    - some pretty female altmer partying girls
    - a cook npc
    - gardener npc

Pretty bosmer girls for me please lol
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    - Dunmer NPCs that I can place in my Argonian home as slaves

That is so racist and wrong
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, my home is just a creepy shrine to daedra in the earthtear cavern. It's got coffins and ritual spaces and cages and all that good stuff.
    What kind of NPC would fit there? Zombies, Draugr, Mummies?

A Zombie bard. Yes.

ZOS, bring me my zombie bard please.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my alts to be available to place in the home and swap inventories with them. I also want to be able to issue emote commands to them. I don't know how that would look. Maybe something like /giraffonsleep

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slaves to work my plantations, servants to wash my linens, scholars to charge tuition as they look over my collection of Dwemer relics.

I want to build a village, a town, a city, an empire, all of which to watch over from my throne at the height of it all, where I am guarded by my most trusted followers!

But mostly Argonian and Khajiiti slaves. I've wanted those since morrowind was first datamined ._.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naked Nords!

and plenty of them so I can recreate my Hjerim Harem!

Plus Bards - preferably that male dunmer from Vivec City
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to place my alts in my house. Also some servant who can pick up daily pledges and writs for me.

Wow, that is a great idea. I'd LOVE to see all of my alts in one place!
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Kewhit
    Kewhit
    ✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    Personal Trader NPC - lets you put up items for sale, visitors to house could buy your stuff off it.

This! It would be just like back in the day when I ran a weapons shop in Star Wars Galaxies. Now granted it would be a bit tougher to create a market presence since passers-by couldn't simply stumble upon your shop/residence, but it's an interesting idea at least.
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since most of the good ideas have already been mentioned, I'll throw one in that I don't think has been mentioned yet. I want M'aiq the Liar to just wander around the grounds of my Hunding's Palatial Hall, giving me random tidbits of Khajiit wisdom every time I interact with him (max 3 quotes per visit, I know M'aiq gets tired after talking too much).
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still really do want a bard for my houses. I miss hearing the female bard sing when I used to log in/out and fill my guild stores in the Velyn Harbor bank.

Aside from that, I would pay thousands upon thousands of crowns to have a fully functional banker, even if it was a housing item only and not one you could pull out in the world areas.
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    Old man/woman loremaster who reads lorebooks.

This might actually make me spend some time in my home. Always love a good audio book er, storyteller. Maybe I might get around to the reading the rest of the lorebooks then.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently, the Soul-Shriven just stand there, and theyre 1K Crowns.
    Screenshot_20170711_202813.png
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My own characters, when offline of that char.
    Bards, townsfolk, guards, gladiators, and almalexia for my torture cage.

Btw it would be cool if these npcs wasnt just standing there, that they did what they are designed to do ☺
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing better than a large harem of scantily clad ***.