The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Explorer's pack code not adding.

Thorebane
Thorebane
Hey there, so I played for a few months when the game first came out.

Now I never opened all my imperial editioned box on release, and recently had some time so thought I'd reunbox it and actually use the codes... finally - (they weren't even scratched off to see yet)

so I managed to activate the main game and imperial edition exclusive, but it wouldn't take my "explorer's pack" code. Kept saying invalid.

I've followed through search other people that had this problem on release but nothing has worked. It said to contact support, but support just directs me to these forums.... any help?
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would also like to know (XBOX NA).
    Options
  • Thorebane
    Thorebane
    Will say I'm also on PC - Europe.
    Options
  • Gwaurin
    Gwaurin
    ✭✭
    I bought an original release TESO box copy with an Explorer's Pack original code included and get the same "Invalid" message. When I contacted Customer Support in early February, they gave me the run-around asking for the UPC code and scans as well as the seller and receipt information. I gave them the UPC scan and Pack code scan as well as the ebay seller for the box copy, but they didn't give me a response or apply the Explorer's Pack to my account. I resubmitted the issue a few days ago, they sent this:

"I understand you are trying to get the Explorer's pack code to work. Unfortunately that code is no longer valid, the Explorer's pack was for pre-order customers only and has since been shut off. If you would still like the items you can find them as part of the adventurer's pack in exchange for crowns. We also do not provide adventurer's packs in exchange for old Explorer pack codes. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, please do not hesitate to contact us with any other issues."

However, there was never any official announcement that Explorer's Pack codes were now "Invalid." I believe they have gotten a high volume of codes not working (as evidenced on these forums ever since launch) and now are simply not honoring what people have purchased since they can sell the Adventurer's Pack for $20.00.

As someone who bought an original box game copy with the Explorer's Pack code for that reason, Zenimax should honor their own products or give ample notice that such items are no longer accepted as valid. As it stands, it's either poor customer service and/or consumer fraud.

To accept or not accept a purchased game code is a matter of honest transactions not the mood of customer service representatives on a particular day.

As many players have redeemed Explorer's Pack codes outside of the Pre-Order period, using the Pre-Order period now as a legitimate "cut-off" for code invalidation is just a bogus excuse to deny Explorer's Pack codes on legit game copies that include Explorer's Pack codes.

If Explorer's Packs codes are officially invalid, why hasn't there been an announcement?
    Options