The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[NEW] (Videos) Dracarys - Where the Flames Converge - Waking Flame Patch

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Are you and I even playing the same game? I can only dream of my game experience being that smooth. Whenever you guys clash anywhere on the map, my game starts to lag even if I’m at the opposite side of Cyrodiil. If I happen to be in the same keep as you guys, it’s nearly unplayable. Seeing the difference between your experience and mine is depressing as hell.

We were thinking about naming our next video "Dracarys - The Lag Generator"

I'll be honest with you, the lag switches, the CE Razor 1911 and the cheese builds procing left and right are the main factor that contribute to the lag of Cyrodiil. Not the 50 players fighting us.

I knew it. You guys group together to lag out the the 50-60 small group/solo players who just happen to be in the same place. It's diabolical.
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Not to be a hater or anything, but watching your vids basically feels like one of those old macro-groups where one guy controls a bunch of bots on /follow, spamming AoE and heals.

But if thats the playstyle you like, all the power to you, I guess!

I bet the leader is having fun :)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dudis wrote: »
    Not to be a hater or anything, but watching your vids basically feels like one of those old macro-groups where one guy controls a bunch of bots on /follow, spamming AoE and heals.

I think its quite a common misunderstanding between both people who don't play the same playstyle as us and some who do that the lead is actually responsible for all calls etc

its actually more like sailing. As the lead you're there to help steer the group and direct the flow of the combat but actually everyone in the raid is responsible for making it happen as individuals. You can't micromanage everything or play peoples chars and if you did the performance would be way worse. People need to know the direction and objective. Not where to stand and what to do, this should come naturally to the people in raid.

By working together in this way to achieve a more challenging goal then you would be able to do solo/smallscale its generally fun for everyone involved in accomplishing it.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think its quite a common misunderstanding between both people who don't play the same playstyle as us and some who do that the lead is actually responsible for all calls etc

its actually more like sailing. As the lead you're there to help steer the group and direct the flow of the combat but actually everyone in the raid is responsible for making it happen as individuals. You can't micromanage everything or play peoples chars and if you did the performance would be way worse. People need to know the direction and objective. Not where to stand and what to do, this should come naturally to the people in raid.

By working together in this way to achieve a more challenging goal then you would be able to do solo/smallscale its generally fun for everyone involved in accomplishing it.

That's a perfect analogy. It's not my cup of tea anymore but that doesn't mean what is going on is incredibly well coordinated.
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭

I dont doubt that it takes a lot of coordination to run a group like that, especially when facing other coordinated groups trying to counter your moves. Im not saying the people "following" are bots or anything, and im sure there are defined roles to fullfill in the group, but from an outsiders perspective, im not seeing it.

Personally i think they should redice the group-cap to 8 players to open up diversity of group-types, builds and the overall action we see in cyrodiil, but thats another story :)
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure what it is anymore but 10-13 used to be the most efficient numbers.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Awww i wish my raid times had've lined up with omni's

Why do you guys keep avoiding TKG?

Because #weekdays
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont doubt that it takes a lot of coordination to run a group like that, especially when facing other coordinated groups trying to counter your moves. Im not saying the people "following" are bots or anything, and im sure there are defined roles to fullfill in the group, but from an outsiders perspective, im not seeing it.

Personally i think they should redice the group-cap to 8 players to open up diversity of group-types, builds and the overall action we see in cyrodiil, but thats another story :)

The attitude of stacking ungrouped players and casual squads into one blob of like 40 to 50 would have to change though imo. Or else it will be organized groups of 8 being chased by 40 plus people and not groups of 16 to 20.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazbt wrote: »

The attitude of stacking ungrouped players and casual squads into one blob of like 40 to 50 would have to change though imo. Or else it will be organized groups of 8 being chased by 40 plus people and not groups of 16 to 20.

I can see the argument for a chicken/egg scenario though.

Are there 40 man blobs because thats what it takes for pugs to potentially wipe 16 man groups or are there 16 man groups because that's what it takes to wipe 40 man blobs.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya. But imagine your boat gets 30% more wind(rapids) because of one of your passengers and has no anchor to stop it (CC) but you can drop one of the other boats anchor that your racing whenever you want.

Also your boat cannot be set on fire because you have one passenger that is spraying a fire hose all over the boat and its passengers continually (purge).

It's literally Galleon versus a bunch of row boats.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMA5_aGryFo

Cause yes, there is a DAOC video for everything lol
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »

Ya. But imagine your boat gets 30% more wind(rapids) because of one of your passengers and has no anchor to stop it (CC) but you can drop one of the other boats anchor that your racing whenever you want.

Also your boat cannot be set on fire because you have one passenger that is spraying a fire hose all over the boat and its passengers continually (purge).

You seem to have alot of knowledge of how it works in a 12-16men raid. I figure you have already wiped 50players at once doing such a thing before. Could you remind me what the name of the guild group was?
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You better get paddling. You little rowboat you

Lmao. U right. You run 30% faster than me with 15 friends. I'm a dead man
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to be clear, you're point with the analogy is that all players except ballgroups are uncivilised scum with inferior levels of technology that will inevitability be destroyed by their superior, advanced ballgroup overlords right?

If so I'm glad we agree friend.

Out with the indians, in with the British i say.
    Edited by Vilestride on October 23, 2018 3:41AM
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to be clear, you're point with the analogy is that all players except ballgroups are uncivilised scum with inferior levels of technology that will inevitability be destroyed by their superior, advanced ballgroup overlords right?

If so I'm glad we agree friend.

Out with the indians, in with the British i say.

All I'm saying is either revert speed nerfs for every play style or nerf all them. Not give another significant advantage to one of the play styles. Numbers is already enough.

I admit Rapids is a necessary tool fighting outnumbered but an investment should have to be made.

Do you admit that it gives a advantage over soloers and smallscale?
    Edited by ShadowProc on October 23, 2018 4:59AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of places to have the small scale v large scale v zergling that thinks he’s smallscale debate, but I don’t think a post promoting a video is that place. It’s a good video and I’m glad it was posted.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some combative back and forth that was off topic and disrupted the thread. Please keep your posts civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

(snipped video)

There is indeed, I actually ran in such a group too for a few glorious weeks. I didnt play the dps chars though, my primary role was CC and backup heals. I think the most we got in one single "bomb" was 86 people at 2:40 in the vid. I mean, imagine a game where large stacked up blobs were punished by AoE!

DAoC players might enjoy! Everyone should watch the whole thing though, you wont be disapointed hehe :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN8nrsokVOU
    Edited by Dudis on October 23, 2018 5:24PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

(snipped video)

There is indeed, I actually ran in such a group too for a few glorious weeks. I didnt play the dps chars though, my primary role was CC and backup heals. I think the most we got in one single "bomb" was 86 people at 2:40 in the vid. I mean, imagine a game where large stacked up blobs were punished by AoE!

DAoC players might enjoy! Everyone should watch the whole thing though, you wont be disapointed hehe :)

Stacked blobs standing stationary like these guys are punished by the current game mechanics in ESO.
    DAoC also had uncapped CC which made it even easier. Personally I prefer more of a challenge when fighting stacks of players.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭

(snipped video)

(snipped video)

Stacked blobs standing stationary like these guys are punished by the current game mechanics in ESO.
    DAoC also had uncapped CC which made it even easier. Personally I prefer more of a challenge when fighting stacks of players.

Fair point. I stand by my opinion though, that a couple of guys spamming AoE on a spot should be reason enough to spread out. Maybe make AoE direct-damage increase by 10% for each target hit above 5 guys?

Another thing that would help is if people coult actually /assist eachothers tab-targets, so you can't hide from single target damage behind a wall of bodies. I can see how this would break group-vs-group action in the current meta though, so other changes would have to be made too.

Then again, the game as it is now needs a major rehaul of basically everything when it comes to pvp imo.
    Edited by Dudis on October 23, 2018 7:18PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s interesting how Faction #1 Ball Group never likes to fight Faction #2 Ball Group. Ball groups, despite any claims of preferring good fights, would rather steamroll unorganized and spaced out players (several very short fights of 15 v. 2-3) instead of fighting another ball group (15 v. 15).
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(snipped video)

Isn't that runescape? It looks like runescape.
    Edited by Vilestride on October 23, 2018 7:39PM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    It’s interesting how Faction #1 Ball Group never likes to fight Faction #2 Ball Group. Ball groups, despite any claims of preferring good fights, would rather steamroll unorganized and spaced out players (several very short fights of 15 v. 2-3) instead of fighting another ball group (15 v. 15).

That's not true though. And they recently all had a big GvG event having lots of fun battling eachother. They regularly look for eachother on the field.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

Did you watch the video :P?
    @Solar_Breeze
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by MipMip on November 27, 2018 4:41PM
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    This guild is running coward's gear in a voice comm ball group. Completely broken. It is a single target battlegrounds set. Or a medium armor hit and run set. If you get every single outside set nerfed and there is no outside play it will be lather, rinse, repeat generic combat. Right now EP is pushing the turn based play meta you don't need to make the game even worse.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »
    This guild is running coward's gear in a voice comm ball group. Completely broken. It is a single target battlegrounds set. Or a medium armor hit and run set. If you get every single outside set nerfed and there is no outside play it will be lather, rinse, repeat generic combat. Right now EP is pushing the turn based play meta you don't need to make the game even worse.

None of us use the cowards armour set :)
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭

Good. I have 7-8 pieces transmuted because the name has a stigma and it is 2-3 steps removed from being nerfed. Someone advertising that set as OP would suck for me. Maybe it was another guild everyone said you.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Red, back, we need u :neutral:
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »
    Red, back, we need u :neutral:

Good. I have 7-8 pieces transmuted because the name has a stigma and it is 2-3 steps removed from being nerfed. Someone advertising that set as OP would suck for me. Maybe it was another guild everyone said you.

Ball groups wouldn't use cowards gear. It's a selfish set, and it contradicts with rapids.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others