The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[NEW] (Videos) Dracarys - Where the Flames Converge - Waking Flame Patch

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    found the first gvg from azoi's perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdAXEyAYbA0&t=1064s

idk if anyone recorded the second gvg but i'd like to watch it if its out there

OP
    Edited by Kilandros on July 8, 2017 7:12PM
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giahh wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    Meta is Meta, they change all the time, but regardless of what the meta is the better players are still at the top EVERY SINGLE TIME, no new meta has ever come along that meant lesser quality players were suddenly on the top. I have seen this in every competitive E-Sport I have ever participated in or watched.

Players who are relics of the past are exactly that, their relevance in talk of current Meta or current stature in this game is lost to me?

Eh not quite. Better players may remain at the top but there is such a thing as lowering the ceiling and raising the floor, and that's precisely what's occurred in ESO pvp and that seems to be what

Too many people crutching on Meta shift as an excuse. We all know EOTF/Negate is the Go to for group bombings. The point remains the same. we all have access to the same tools. Some people just do it better. On a consistent basis so I don't really know what there is to complain about.

Take the last GvG as an example. Did K-Hole win the last GvG because the meta favoured them more? No they won because they were better. I have no doubt if you repeated that same GvG with the exact same teams in this meta the result would not change. Better guilds/players will constantly come out on top

The result is me dragging Elong Trumpetbar by his ankles out of Bruma and into the snow, taking off my belt, and lashing him across his back. For his meta 8 man DKs, templars, wardens, and Minney & Mickey Mouse that camped that town.

Even though you all descended upon me in unison like rabid animals in heat Elong, I still managed to gouge one of your wardens' eyes out and send his soul on its way.

What a random outburst! Trumpetbar hahaha.

At least you can count, most DC tell me we have 20 up there!

It's not my guild by the way, it's Love Den which belongs to Aillen, I'm merely a sweep spammer for the cause.
    Edited by Elong on July 8, 2017 6:58PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Memories of bombard spam ... ugh :dizzy:

I get a little sad when I see names from these videos that I don't see anymore
  • Nivellan
    Nivellan
    ✭✭✭

Negates, banners, leaps, dawnbreakers, etc good times. Useless ults bois. Zone control and baiting, actual fighting outside of ult dumps. Being aggressive isn't punished or rewarded based on whether or not you hit your R button before your opponent.
    PC NA
    Azandara, Azuretha - Templar
    Former K-hole, FMC, Mischevious
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is organised GvG fights tho. if you'd do that nowadays it wouldn't look much different.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nivellan wrote: »
    Negates, banners, leaps, dawnbreakers, etc good times. Useless ults bois. Zone control and baiting, actual fighting outside of ult dumps. Being aggressive isn't punished or rewarded based on whether or not you hit your R button before your opponent.

Sure some other cool ults, the game was more fun ect ect. But give k-hole Negates and destro ult and they will still win that GvG 9/10 times because they move better, they predict better, they have better group composition and they're more coordinated. You can not like a meta all you want. Of course. Point is that it little to 0 effect on the skill gap.

If you don't think baiting ults and controlling territory are still relevant strategies, well maybe those are areas you and your group need to work on :D. I know they are 2 things we are always working to improve. I look forward to more good fights.

Edited by Vilestride on July 8, 2017 10:05PM
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Destro ult and VD absolutely changed the game. Good bombers like Crispen Longbow or Sneaky, etc., put out damage by themselves that it used to take a raid to do. Anyone who says that didn't change the game drastically gets the side eye from me.

There's more to winning than dumping destros but facts is facts. High burst damage used to be a team sport, now it's not. EoTS being a dumbly designed ult doesn't help tho. ZoS deliberately removed mitigation tools and added huge damage modifiers into the game. It is what it is.

I think you misunderstood my point a little bit^^ I"m not arguing with the fact that desro ulti is op and broken and I 100% agree with this:
    Desro ulti totally changed things. Before it was pretty much a decent magblade tether + proc that had to be timed correctly that could put damage that could wipe a group by themselves. Now even inexperienced players can put on clever alch + VD on any magicka class and put out crazy damage just by moving.

While I would agree only 2-3 guilds stuck around, I don't think it was because they were the only ones who adapted. Rather a lot of old players thought the game and group fights were so dumbed down they rather do something different so there has been a lot of attrition.

I don't know how any of the devs could possibly play this game every night and be proud of the present Cyrodiil they have made. They either don't, aren't competitive, or are just apathetic.
    It's sad to see what stage to this game came to but it was a inevitable imo. ZOS have been destroying PVP every patch trying to "fix it".
    What I'm saying tho is that even in current stage of PVP I still don't see the point of perma complaining about destro ulties and saying that there is no point to do GVGs anymore or going opposite side of the map away from your own faction trying to create your own fights because of 'destro's'.
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Nivellan
    Nivellan
    ✭✭✭

Sure some other cool ults, the game was more fun ect ect. But give k-hole Negates and destro ult and they will still win that GvG 9/10 times because they move better, they predict better, they have better group composition and they're more coordinated. You can not like a meta all you want. Of course. Point is that it little to 0 effect on the skill gap.

If you don't think baiting ults and controlling territory are still relevant strategies, well maybe those are areas you and your group need to work on :D. I know they are 2 things we are always working to improve. I look forward to more good fights.

If we can agree that K-hole are skilled players and a fine group we can agree that the destro meta is bad. Just cause you're a top group in the meta it's not an assault on your own skill when people say the meta is bad and takes less skill than before. Let's be honest here. You're not baiting any raid to drop all their ults on you and then turning on them like in the video. Why? Cause you're not going to run into 10 destro's. There's a difference between I can go here and it's putting me at a disadvantage, but I can turn the tables quickly with a variety of ult combinations... and I absolutely can't go here because I'll die. Some people prefer constant engagements that have a purpose other than building ult. It's hard to see in the video, but in the RAGE vs. K-Hole fight there were a few matches where each side went through multiple negates and banners to gain the upper hand. You won't get that these days. I'll admit movement is more key to survival now, but it was before destro ult. I felt there was a nice balance and with destro we're no where near that.

The leader of K-Hole denounced destro meta long ago btw. There were several good groups running and they didn't quit because they couldn't adapt. They quit cause it's boring and they didn't like it. This isn't an e-sport game, and I'll tell you no one gives a damn if you're any good at this game.
    PC NA
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we can agree that K-hole are skilled players and a fine group we can agree that the destro meta is bad.
    We said like 10 times already that desrto is a bad meta :sunglasses: can we please move on now? :D ty!
    Just cause you're a top group in the meta it's not an assault on your own skill when people say the meta is bad and takes less skill than before.
    Mmmmm no. If it's so easy and less skill as you say then why I don't see like 20 different decent size groups that are op and can faceroll Cyrodiil everyday using destros? There are a lot of different guilds still playing this game but I can name you only 3-4 that are actually still competitive (including both NA and EU PC servers). The rest just run with destros like monkeys in front of their own faction zerg or die like flies as soon as they meet any kind of good opposition on their way.
    This isn't an e-sport game, and I'll tell you no one gives a damn if you're any good at this game.
    Idk personally I try to be as best as I can at any things I do, even if it’s just an online game. And I also care about how people around me play because I personally find it interesting and fun. But mb it's just me ;)
    If you don’t care at all then idk why you even posting here tbh
    Edited by Rin_Senya on July 9, 2017 6:36AM

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    K Hole were the best guild I've ever fought against.

End of.

• Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

End of.

Decent.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

End of.

End of...The long list of best guild you've ever fought against?

More videos soon guys.
    Edited by Vilestride on July 9, 2017 9:13AM
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't talk about K-Hole heyday without some Lyric vids. ;-P Killing peeps to Disney tunes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=y66b_1IRvRA
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Huggelz
    Huggelz
    ✭✭✭
    Nivellan just come play with us bby and damm look at the diversity in that GvG video, I wonder if they are all wearing plague doctor Kappa :wink:
    Marcel
    Marcel Rigmond DC Nightblade - Flawless Conqueror
    Full Metal Carebears
    Nemesis (RIP)
  • Dark_Star
    Dark_Star
    ✭✭

man those were the good days
    DC | Full Metal Carebears

DarkStär - Mag DK
    Sphinxster - Mag NB
    Vision- Mag Sorc
  • Huggelz
    Huggelz
    ✭✭✭
    Dark_Star wrote: »

from cubbies to cubbies, from ults to ults. let us never forget the good days of ESO
    Marcel
    Marcel Rigmond DC Nightblade - Flawless Conqueror
    Full Metal Carebears
    Nemesis (RIP)
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭

its funny cause we called those days *** and missed 1.5, and in 1.5 we called it *** and missed pre-lighting patch (before half the players quit)
    Edited by BraidasNM on July 9, 2017 7:52PM
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

End of.

End of...The long list of best guild you've ever fought against?

More videos soon guys.

I've played since beta, I've been in top guilds, fought against top guilds.

K Hole were the best.
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »

End of.

Decent.

Not sure that he got your point, Kiso :D

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huggelz wrote: »
    Nivellan just come play with us bby and damm look at the diversity in that GvG video, I wonder if they are all wearing plague doctor Kappa :wink:

Nah cause plague didn't exist back then :wink:

Also doesn't really seem like you can see 'diversity' from this vid, Everyone apart from stamina guy using proxy and then bursting with all dawnbreakers+tethers etc was a fairly standard tactic back then, throw in the odd support ulti for some variety (as is also done now).

but yeh GvG fights are always nice to do, we (banana squad at the time) wished we could have organised one on PTS even with the latency difference but we couldn't get our chars copied at the same time as NA :\
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    Magıc wrote: »

End of.

Decent.

Not sure that he got your point, Kiso :D

I didn't to be honest?
    Edited by Elong on July 9, 2017 9:36PM
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Nivellan;c-4301057"
    It is a source of sadness to me that pretty much all the good players left in the game gathered into small guilds and small groups and gave up playing for the map beyond defending the occasional keep and zergsurfing. Tis the state of the game serverwide and I do not like it. [/quote]

Someone got the second GvG. Will see if I can track it down. First one was much more competitive though - we didn't lose a single player in the second one while Rhage gave us a run for our money in that first one.
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a source of sadness to me that pretty much all the good players left in the game gathered into small guilds and small groups and gave up playing for the map beyond defending the occasional keep and zergsurfing. Tis the state of the game serverwide and I do not like it.

That's kind of inevitable; has happened in every mmo I've played. I've learned to be nice to good enemies cause you'll probably end up playing with them if you both stick around long enough xD
    Edited by BraidasNM on July 9, 2017 11:03PM
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Dark_Star
    Dark_Star
    ✭✭

its funny cause we called those days *** and missed 1.5, and in 1.5 we called it *** and missed pre-lighting patch (before half the players quit)

right? xD
    It is a source of sadness to me that pretty much all the good players left in the game gathered into small guilds and small groups and gave up playing for the map beyond defending the occasional keep and zergsurfing. Tis the state of the game serverwide and I do not like it.

Someone got the second GvG. Will see if I can track it down. First one was much more competitive though - we didn't lose a single player in the second one while Rhage gave us a run for our money in that first one.[/quote]

wasn't it Karamis that was streaming it on twitch?
    DC | Full Metal Carebears

DarkStär - Mag DK
    Sphinxster - Mag NB
    Vision- Mag Sorc
  • Nivellan
    Nivellan
    ✭✭✭

Also doesn't really seem like you can see 'diversity' from this vid, Everyone apart from stamina guy using proxy and then bursting with all dawnbreakers+tethers etc was a fairly standard tactic back then, throw in the odd support ulti for some variety (as is also done now).

but yeh GvG fights are always nice to do, we (banana squad at the time) wished we could have organised one on PTS even with the latency difference but we couldn't get our chars copied at the same time as NA :\

negate, banner, barrier, warhorn, leap, tether, dawnbreaker, and nova that I can just see in the vid. I know there were remembrances and veils by at least one of the teams there. That's at least 4-5 more ulti's than you'd get today just from that vid not including remembrance and veil.
    PC NA
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I miss clutch Veils.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• stealthyevil
    stealthyevil
    ✭✭✭
    While everyone bickers about who is better, I just watch these vids and remember how good clouding swarm was. ZOS why did you give us an entirely new skill when all we wanted was a fix to being revealed while in clouding swarm ? Y u do dis. Give me the real clouding swarm back and the destro meta will end. :'(
    Ex-Gf/Steálthy MagNb Destro Spam
    Cliff Racer Spam MagDen Bird Spam
    @stealthyevil

RÁGE RIP
    Venatus
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While everyone bickers about who is better, I just watch these vids and remember how good clouding swarm was. ZOS why did you give us an entirely new skill when all we wanted was a fix to being revealed while in clouding swarm ? Y u do dis. Give me the real clouding swarm back and the destro meta will end. :'(

Somewhere, Fixate just got a tingle up his leg.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

RIP Clouding :(

Taken by unfixable bugs.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

negate, banner, barrier, warhorn, leap, tether, dawnbreaker, and nova that I can just see in the vid. I know there were remembrances and veils by at least one of the teams there. That's at least 4-5 more ulti's than you'd get today just from that vid not including remembrance and
    veil.

So nowadays you would have:
    negate, destro, permafrost, healing ult, meteor, tether/soul harvest (whatever the bomblades slot on main bar). Barrier, warhorn, leap, dawnbreaker would probably also have use depending on group setup.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB