The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[NEW] (Videos) Dracarys - Where the Flames Converge - Waking Flame Patch

• BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Nivellan wrote: »
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    NACtron wrote: »
    Also, outstanding job to whomever made your logo. Looks amazing!

Thank you, Nikolai! :blush: I'm glad everyone like it hehe, means a lot for me!

Ishammael wrote: »

K-Hole at peak (patches 1.7-1.8) was more or less unbeatable. But that's PC NA, so we never went against Banana Squad. I watched a lot of their videos and would have liked a chance to fight them. Braidas, ofc, was in KH. KH never made many videos nor advertised much.

Tbh I always hear the same things from different people representing all op guilds on NA PC ^^ that they were more or less unbeatable at peak (e.g Havoc, NM, IR, KH and more) I wasn't there by that time so can't really judge :P

No guild is ever unbeatable. NM and KH are the best guilds on that list, the rest were glorified pug farmers. Alacrity and NM were the best overall. KH the best since I think. We matched up with them in the first GvG, but they got the better of us in Cyro. NA and EU aren't really compatible to compare because meta's have been very different for a while now.

I have no great love for Havoc for obvious reasons, but I fought with them vs Alacrity on quite a few occasions. Pretty evenly fought overall, though I'd say Havoc's contingent of HA Kags Templars gave them an edge.

Disregarding the fact any havoc vs Alacrity fights only include at best half of the original Alacrity members my main memories from those fights are: lag, multiple EP groups, one fight at drakelowe that had neither of those and Havoc folded pretty easily. To touch on the stealth bomb my all time favorite memory of them was with Decibel when they ran for 3+ minutes in an open field against just us only for deci to get bored and stop chasing (we even ran through one of their chokes to try and get them to fight), and then get stealth bombed half a minute later on our mounts.

My favorite groups from that time though were when ala and die groups died down to small numbers late at night we would merge and keiryan or luvboard would lead.

I think my fav was a fight outside Aleswell. Deci and VE were mopping up pugs and circling each other, doing that prox det dance. Then suddenly we trip over a stealth Havoc group that had somehow made it dead center of the field without being seen. One of the few times in ESO that made me jump in my chair.

I do remember some good fights with Alacrity but I'll concede it may have been past the prime. The fights I remember included a lot of Red Bull misting around between the 2-3 meatbags he'd set down and unstable WoE everyyyywhere.
    It's a simple fact that in this game often times numbers win no matter how skilled the opponent which is sad but is also needed in order to keep pugs around and population up because w/o them we have no PVP.

idk I wonder if pugs would like 1.1-2 pvp better or worse than recent patches...my guess would be better.
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Huggelz
    Huggelz
    ✭✭✭
    BraidasNM wrote: »

K-Hole at peak (patches 1.7-1.8) was more or less unbeatable. But that's PC NA, so we never went against Banana Squad. I watched a lot of their videos and would have liked a chance to fight them. Braidas, ofc, was in KH. KH never made many videos nor advertised much.

Tbh I always hear the same things from different people representing all op guilds on NA PC ^^ that they were more or less unbeatable at peak (e.g Havoc, NM, IR, KH and more) I wasn't there by that time so can't really judge :P

No guild is ever unbeatable. NM and KH are the best guilds on that list, the rest were glorified pug farmers. Alacrity and NM were the best overall. KH the best since I think. We matched up with them in the first GvG, but they got the better of us in Cyro. NA and EU aren't really compatible to compare because meta's have been very different for a while now.

I have no great love for Havoc for obvious reasons, but I fought with them vs Alacrity on quite a few occasions. Pretty evenly fought overall, though I'd say Havoc's contingent of HA Kags Templars gave them an edge.

Disregarding the fact any havoc vs Alacrity fights only include at best half of the original Alacrity members my main memories from those fights are: lag, multiple EP groups, one fight at drakelowe that had neither of those and Havoc folded pretty easily. To touch on the stealth bomb my all time favorite memory of them was with Decibel when they ran for 3+ minutes in an open field against just us only for deci to get bored and stop chasing (we even ran through one of their chokes to try and get them to fight), and then get stealth bombed half a minute later on our mounts.

My favorite groups from that time though were when ala and die groups died down to small numbers late at night we would merge and keiryan or luvboard would lead.

I think my fav was a fight outside Aleswell. Deci and VE were mopping up pugs and circling each other, doing that prox det dance. Then suddenly we trip over a stealth Havoc group that had somehow made it dead center of the field without being seen. One of the few times in ESO that made me jump in my chair.

I do remember some good fights with Alacrity but I'll concede it may have been past the prime. The fights I remember included a lot of Red Bull misting around between the 2-3 meatbags he'd set down and unstable WoE everyyyywhere.
    It's a simple fact that in this game often times numbers win no matter how skilled the opponent which is sad but is also needed in order to keep pugs around and population up because w/o them we have no PVP.

idk I wonder if pugs would like 1.1-2 pvp better or worse than recent patches...my guess would be better.

decent pugs would enjoy it more but the bad ones who just play super casually probably wouldn't enjoy ground oils and perma bats.
    Marcel
    Marcel Rigmond DC Nightblade - Flawless Conqueror
    Full Metal Carebears
    Nemesis (RIP)
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The people dying over and over to destro ult and vd are the same ones that would go into the cubby with perma bat dks and ground oils or spam healing springs and whatever else into absorbtion field giving sorc infinite resources or they would spam purge on blockade. There is always going to be some game mechanic that the more hardcore players take advantage of that will give them a considerable edge over the pugs and casuals it's just a permanent shifting meta that people find something strong, make builds to get the absolute most out of that meta and then slaughter the groups that don't make the most out of their setups.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Logohs wrote: »
    In west Philadelphia born and raised
    On the playground was where I spent most of my days

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all eatin' some Greek yogurt outside of the school
    When German, Reyals, and Sribes who were up to no good
    Started making trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and Jauriel got scared
    She said 'You're movin' with Steve of VE and Naked Saramis in Cyrodiil'

I whistled for a guar and when it came near
    The license plate said Crown Store and it had bright orange juice smeared all over
    If anything I could say that this cab was rare
    But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, home to Cyrodiil'

I pulled up to South High Rock about 7 or 8
    And I yelled to the khajiit 'Yo cat smell ya later'
    I looked at my kingdom
    I was finally there
    To sit on my throne as the Prince of the Covenant
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not trying to start a flame war here but even if we had 8 destros in full damage builds we would run into an issue fighting 2x our numbers open field its just the fact that you can stack so much ranged single target healing that at most we can take out half of you while the other half make it out and then either camp or counter bomb and you spam rezzes while we move out of the counter bomb. If numbers were always even it wouldn't matter what we run nearly as much just simply due to the fact that when we do get 12 people down its basically a full wipe. It's a simple fact that in this game often times numbers win no matter how skilled the opponent which is sad but is also needed in order to keep pugs around and population up because w/o them we have no PVP.

Also, different guilds will always take different approaches to PVP, the VE approach is run a 24 man and run a group comp to hard counter us no matter how well it does in other situations. Our goal is to make builds that work in as many situations as possible, sure they excel in some places and fall short others but for the most part our builds are outperforming just full damage builds in 95% of the fights we come against. All in all VE is far and away our hardest fight, and despite some tactics that I would call cheesy and pathetic, it makes life much more interesting. Plus trying to make bulb quit the game again is the best part of my night :D

No flame war needed.

Though I will point out, if we were speccing a group comp to hard counter you it would look very different from what we have on now. We build to fight the faction and always have, specs are based around open field sustain and long fights that last longer than a one and done bomb. THe only time we specifically built to counter another guild was when Deci went nirnhoned and we went nirnhoned to match. I don't know why you think we're building to counter you, we've gone though like 3 different specs since wardens dropped trying to find something we really like like we do most patches.

As a proud Canadian I have to apologize you find our tactics pathetic, but I also have to ask why. We play fights extremely straight up. We don't stealth bomb or even sideswipe anymore. Good fights are hard to come by and we seek to fight them as head on as possible. You want to call me out for cheese, but im not the one posting videos of stealth bombs or surprise attacks. Only video we made of you thus far is two fights where you very clearly see us coming, so I dunno what to make that :D
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abram wrote: »
    Inb4 lots of salt B)

That dude called it

It's a girl, and she's pretty toxic >:)
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    Abram wrote: »
    Inb4 lots of salt B)

That dude called it

It's a girl, and she's pretty toxic >:)
    There is some kind of meme exsists about me on NA, Marc (that I actually play templar like a dude mvahaha). So I guess I'm a "dat toxic guy" now! :sunglasses:
    Edited by Rin_Senya on July 6, 2017 6:14AM
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd really be better if we kept flame out of this. This is absolutely not about any guild being the best. Regardless, that is not something that is measurable. There is not a current guild spoken of in here that hasn't wiped and been wiped by other guilds many times over. Every fight is has one circumstance or another.

Primarily we just want to promote organised guild play all around, as it is something that in my opinion, there is a deficit of right now. (NA at least) There are only maybe 1 or 2 top tier guilds active for either faction and what I would like to see is all the middle tier guilds step up to the plate and really bring the competitive nature of cyrodil back to life.

The reason I will always regards No Mercy as one of, if not the, strongest guild is because their period of supremacy was during a time when all other factions fielded their own top tier guilds, also some of the best the game has seen. I will always be of the opinion that you can only rate your strength by the strength of your enemies, and I would always rather loose hard fights than be winning easy ones. Winning hard ones is even better.

However all these great guilds of the past, No Mercy, DiE, Alacrity, IR, Havoc, Decible, The list goes on. They all have one thing in common. They are gone. Better to focus on all the upcoming guilds of today if we want to make the fights we are yet to have more fun.

End Pep talk.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good post.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    Giahh wrote: »
    1VXers are just not gonna like these vids man. I can only speculate that braidas simply isn't happy with the Meta right now for group play compared to Meta of the past. Which is understandable.

I understand completely. I no longer raid myself because I don't have enough time, and I've always enjoyed 1vX/small scale more, but talking down on other players playstyles, especially organised playstyles, isn't needed. It's the unorganised groups who stack on the same spot as every other unorganised group across all 3 factions that are the problem, which is more so because of Zos and their rubbish map design which promotes stacking in emp keeps and such.

Well it´s not like the organised groups try to create a situation where they attract those unorganised people to farm them.

Nooo who would do that on purpose :trollface:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    1VXers are just not gonna like these vids man. I can only speculate that braidas simply isn't happy with the Meta right now for group play compared to Meta of the past. Which is understandable.

I understand completely. I no longer raid myself because I don't have enough time, and I've always enjoyed 1vX/small scale more, but talking down on other players playstyles, especially organised playstyles, isn't needed. It's the unorganised groups who stack on the same spot as every other unorganised group across all 3 factions that are the problem, which is more so because of Zos and their rubbish map design which promotes stacking in emp keeps and such.

Well it´s not like the organised groups try to create a situation where they attract those unorganised people to farm them.

Which happens for like 2-3 hours a night because on EU every guild tries to avoid one another. It gets tedious chasing other guilds who clearly have no interest in fighting. Meanwhile pugs stack in the same spot for hours on end whether it involves a guild or not. Just last night, the bridge fight was causing Vivec to lag for hours and there wasn't a single guild in the fight nor was there any action anywhere else on the map most of that time.
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭

The people dying over and over to destro ult and vd are the same ones that would go into the cubby with perma bat dks and ground oils or spam healing springs and whatever else into absorbtion field giving sorc infinite resources or they would spam purge on blockade. There is always going to be some game mechanic that the more hardcore players take advantage of that will give them a considerable edge over the pugs and casuals it's just a permanent shifting meta that people find something strong, make builds to get the absolute most out of that meta and then slaughter the groups that don't make the most out of their setups.

my point was people had more ability to fight larger groups with less numbers then, but i dont think it made the game less fun for pugs than today
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which happens for like 2-3 hours a night because on EU every guild tries to avoid one another. It gets tedious chasing other guilds who clearly have no interest in fighting. Meanwhile pugs stack in the same spot for hours on end whether it involves a guild or not. Just last night, the bridge fight was causing Vivec to lag for hours and there wasn't a single guild in the fight nor was there any action anywhere else on the map most of that time.

Well the worst lag yesterday evening (which i happend to play from 7 to 11pm) was when blackswords farmed at bleakers and zergsquad at brindle + scroll.

It was still somewhat playable with a 4 person group though.

I´ve already posted about bridge and walls needing a redesign aswell. Too much of a funnelpoint while also it´s way to easy to stay alive for organised groups there.
    <Noricum>

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my point was people had more ability to fight larger groups with less numbers then, but i dont think it made the game less fun for pugs than today

Multiple uncounterable (no block, roll dodge) high damage AoE DoTs with a big radius instantly melting anything around them if enough storms are stacked, WITH vicious death procs.

What's NOT fun about fighting that? :p

What gets me about the current meta is how bad it is for literally everyone involved. Pugs dont have fun fighting against this playstyle, but the playstyle itself isnt very sustainable either. I havent seen any guild groups hold their ground since ages. It's always hit-and-run with destro ulti bombs until you either eventually get swarmed or run away. It really doesn't seem that satisfying for either of the 2 sides involved.
    Edited by Valencer on July 6, 2017 11:02AM
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the worst lag yesterday evening (which i happend to play from 7 to 11pm) was when blackswords farmed at bleakers and zergsquad at brindle + scroll.

I´ve already posted about bridge and walls needing a redesign aswell. Too much of a funnelpoint while also it´s way to easy to stay alive for organised groups there.

Worst lag for me was 10-11.30 UK time (idk about blackswords but ZS usually end between 9-10 UK time). During the bridge fight there was no other fights on the map everytime I checked. I was in a 3 man group and it was near unplayable and that's without any guilds on the bridge.
  • Huggelz
    Huggelz
    ✭✭✭
    It'd really be better if we kept flame out of this. This is absolutely not about any guild being the best. Regardless, that is not something that is measurable. There is not a current guild spoken of in here that hasn't wiped and been wiped by other guilds many times over. Every fight is has one circumstance or another.

Primarily we just want to promote organised guild play all around, as it is something that in my opinion, there is a deficit of right now. (NA at least) There are only maybe 1 or 2 top tier guilds active for either faction and what I would like to see is all the middle tier guilds step up to the plate and really bring the competitive nature of cyrodil back to life.

The reason I will always regards No Mercy as one of, if not the, strongest guild is because their period of supremacy was during a time when all other factions fielded their own top tier guilds, also some of the best the game has seen. I will always be of the opinion that you can only rate your strength by the strength of your enemies, and I would always rather loose hard fights than be winning easy ones. Winning hard ones is even better.

However all these great guilds of the past, No Mercy, DiE, Alacrity, IR, Havoc, Decible, The list goes on. They all have one thing in common. They are gone. Better to focus on all the upcoming guilds of today if we want to make the fights we are yet to have more fun.

End Pep talk.

You trying to stop me from derailing this thread and turning it into an epeen war? I will seize this thread in the name of Timbertown and Dracarys will fear the Land of Timber, Mayor out.
    Edited by Huggelz on July 6, 2017 11:28AM
    Marcel
    Marcel Rigmond DC Nightblade - Flawless Conqueror
    Full Metal Carebears
    Nemesis (RIP)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst lag for me was 10-11.30 UK time (idk about blackswords but ZS usually end between 9-10 UK time). During the bridge fight there was no other fights on the map everytime I checked. I was in a 3 man group and it was near unplayable and that's without any guilds on the bridge.

10pm UK is exactly when i went to bed :smile:
    <Noricum>

• Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You were lucky then. You didn't experience the lag from the bridge fight.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree in general. However, that doesn't mean the mechanic is balanced (or fun). Whether it is vicious + destro or Bats + oils.

Also, the Plague Doctor group spec is pretty rough to fight against, especially if you are outnumbered.
    Valencer wrote: »
    What gets me about the current meta is how bad it is for literally everyone involved. Pugs dont have fun fighting against this playstyle, but the playstyle itself isnt very sustainable either. I havent seen any guild groups hold their ground since ages. It's always hit-and-run with destro ulti bombs until you either eventually get swarmed or run away. It really doesn't seem that satisfying for either of the 2 sides involved.

Agree here. Patches 1.5 and 1.7 had some "stand-your-ground" possibilities: in 1.5 you had dynamic ultimate, negate, un-nerfed BoL; in 1.7 you still had Barrier and maneuvers and damage hadn't quite caught up with Battle Spirit.

Also agree with this
    I think people gave up on the GvG idea when destro ult became a thing.

Yup. It probably needs to be re-worked. Maybe one more is a single-target nuke and the other remains as is with a 30% dmg nerf? Dunno.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I ran into these guys the other night as they were sieging a keep. I moved my cursor over them and noticed they were all like post 30k health and remember saying "WTF is going on here"

Normally I like to pick people off siege one by one....nope, not here.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if after 3 years most don´t even bother to watch these videos if there is promise of drama. Either you know someone or are yourself in a video. Otherwise, there isn´t much else to offer. Sadly, NA has lost many of its competitive players to really have equally good groups running into each other.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Huggelz wrote: »
    Sanct16 wrote: »

and yet the currently strongest NA guild runs EU group-meta builds :P

What makes them the strongest? Is it because you have former zerg squad players in Dracarys so you feel an attachment to them and that by saying they are the strongest it helps your ego?
    Well, which guild do you think is stronger than them?

There are no best or strongest guilds in the game. I've been on both sides with IR, Nexus, Haxus, VE and the current state of the server will not allow us to know who is the best or strongest guild. I've been hit by Drac several times where I still have 70 FPS but nothing will register or allow me to use any abilities. I've also been on the other side where VE has hit me and I wasn't able to use any abilities. It happens to everyone and until we can actually use our abilities when we want them and play the game there will never be any best guilds.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Destro Ult meta is trash and until that ability is toned down we won't see any real tactical group maneuvers beyond baiting ults/dumping ults/side swiping groups with ults.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if after 3 years most don´t even bother to watch these videos if there is promise of drama. Either you know someone or are yourself in a video. Otherwise, there isn´t much else to offer. Sadly, NA has lost many of its competitive players to really have equally good groups running into each other.

This is the main reason why we try to show our group v group fights rather than just pug farming because they are generally more interesting to watch and its nice to record too.

Also we want to encourage participation don't really see many guilds posting vids here and yet many guilds are playing (especially on NA)

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is the main reason why we try to show our group v group fights rather than just pug farming because they are generally more interesting to watch and its nice to record too.

Also we want to encourage participation don't really see many guilds posting vids here and yet many guilds are playing (especially on NA)

We have some videos, Bulb and Steve have always made a point of rarely posting videos on these forums though. Kirin just put one up on his youtube a few days ago.

It is nice to see videos of guild fights though, too many pug farms get posted lol.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    The Destro Ult meta is trash and until that ability is toned down we won't see any real tactical group maneuvers beyond baiting ults/dumping ults/side swiping groups with ults.

Its completely different in GVG situations imo, Destro ulti is really easy to predict and counter in smaller fights (speaking like 12v12) which is why it would be nice to do some.

Also Destro meta is exactly the same as all others previous bombing has been a thing since forever, mainly 1.6 with introduction of proxy
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Its completely different in GVG situations imo, Destro ulti is really easy to predict and counter in smaller fights (speaking like 12v12) which is why it would be nice to do some.

Also Destro meta is exactly the same as all others previous bombing has been a thing since forever, mainly 1.6 with introduction of proxy

It's easy to predict because that's what groups do when fighting groups: bomb with destro ults and drop negates. It's not like guilds are doing anything else to draw damage from. Organized PvP in this game is really just organizing Destro Ults and Negates (and to a lesser extent, permafrost).

Yeah the bomb meta is nothing new but Destro Ult was a significant boost in damage to ball groups. It would be nice to see some diversification of ultimates again (Veils, Banners, Novas etc.), but those ults are only used by small groups in small spaces now.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's easy to predict because that's what groups do when fighting groups: bomb with destro ults and drop negates. It's not like guilds are doing anything else to draw damage from. Organized PvP in this game is really just organizing Destro Ults and Negates (and to a lesser extent, permafrost).

Yeah the bomb meta is nothing new but Destro Ult was a significant boost in damage to ball groups. It would be nice to see some diversification of ultimates again (Veils, Banners, Novas etc.), but those ults are only used by small groups in small spaces now.

i agree completely. but i think they need to look more at negate than destro to make other ultimates (Veil, nava etc) more viable
    Invictus
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Banner hasn't been used in groups since 1.6, same with Nova, for negates they were useless until their buff with thieves guild. In 1.6 meta was meteor, bats, and barrier, nothing with that meta changed until the barrier nerf and negate buff. Whether you were meteor bombing, barrier spamming or, bat balling it's always been about organising Ults and kiting until you're in an advantageous situation, meaning Ults up and choking the enemy group. The most dynamic the meta ever was was pre 1.6 and in the time after the negate buff and before destro was released but even then all a good group had to do was matter negate and time proc tethers together. If they nerf destro it will just turn into the same meta but with meteors and sleet storm and negate. That's just how the game is played most efficiently, kiting and building ult then ult bombing.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How was it today, f you played? Was quite a few organised groups active on EU/PC today - and I had tops 160 ping - but no real delay. My skills went out and I could weapon swap without any delay. Not sure wtf is up with the servers - but it seemed solid today.

[Sorry to OP for further derailing the thread by responding to an irrelevant topic.]
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.