The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"ZWEIHANDPLAR" 2H Magicka Templar PvP Build

Akinos
Akinos
✭✭✭✭✭
The Zweihänder is a large two-handed sword primarily in use during the early decades of the 16th century.

Hello and welcome to my latest solo and small group PvP build, which centers around being a tanky, sustained high dps, giant sword-wielding killing machine.

Best race for this build: Breton or High Elf, because of the max magicka and sustain passives both races get.

Gear: 5 Heavy, 1 Light, and 1 Medium OR 5 Light, 1 Heavy and 1 Medium Everything should be Impenetrable trait.
5 Shacklebreaker body pieces. Either all tri stat glyphs or tri stat on big pieces and max magicka on the small pieces.
5 Alteration Mastery(3 Jewelry, defending 1H & Shield on back bar and sharpened 2H sword on main bar. Decrease Health glyph on the 2H sword, unless you choose to use a vMA 2hand sword.(Not recommended.) All spell damage enchants and tri stat glyph on shield. For no CP, use at least 2 magicka regen glyphs and tri stat food.

Recommended monster sets: Valkyn, Grothdarr if you run 5 heavy, Pirate or Bloodspawn if you run 5 light.
Potions: Tri stat pots
Unbuffed stats with Witchmothers Potent Brew on front bar:
UUn9hCv9RRGug9ZZgru-Wg.jpeg
Unbuffed stats with Witchmothers Potent Brew on back bar:
2rGBpw__Rp_Kpd6wyMJfYQ.jpeg
Active Effects:
mPb-nrGDRJeswqmKr5xmtg.jpeg
Skills:
U9WP_GVQTpOVR6wxdBBbeQ.jpeg
or
iDjprSKERcWKh81oLlzuwg.jpeg
You can replace Rearming Trap with Shuffle or Defensive Stance, or any skill you deem fit to put there.
Champion Points:
UhZN2mcGT5monzM6Y0nBZg.jpeg

Complete build overview:
-svgL33pSsCndq8D5-XviQ.jpeg

Tips and tricks:
Always try to use Onslaught to finish the target if they are in range. If they are running and are low HP use Radiant Destruction to finish them.

Combo: Reflective Light, Puncturing Sweeps until execute range, stun with Invigorating Drain to prevent heals, and then end them with Onslaught.

Build in action:
https://youtu.be/2SUDZbreKjU

Build in action(No CP):
https://youtu.be/fmgRR5UpwVE

Any questions? Ask me anything here or or whisper me in game on PC NA @RageAkinos.

Thanks for reading and good luck out there! :)

Edited by Akinos on July 10, 2017 12:55AM
PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone, the actual name of this build is "The Bamboozler"
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akinos OP
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihilos wrote: »
    Everyone, the actual name of this build is "The Bamboozler"
    lol, the meaning of that word though ><
    Elong wrote: »
    Akinos OP
    Thanks Elong, you are pretty OP yourself ya know :)

Edited by Akinos on July 4, 2017 5:13PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all gearsetups that exists I´ve never could´ve guessed this xD. Not my playstyle but interesting :)
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Of all gearsetups that exists I´ve never could´ve guessed this xD. Not my playstyle but interesting :)

It is a lil bit different ya. It works well dual wielding or sword and board on front bar also.
    Thanks for the feedback too! :)
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got around to watching this...

OH DAMN BOOI! You rip them some new ones... Saving Fort DragonClaw indeed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarzAttakz wrote: »
    Finally got around to watching this...

OH DAMN BOOI! You rip them some new ones... Saving Fort DragonClaw indeed.

Yeaah buddy! lol
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just a really cool setup and it utilizes so much Templarishness (yep, it's a word).
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like :)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    This is just a really cool setup and it utilizes so much Templarishness (yep, it's a word).

Templar High Command approves this build for all noobplars.

Shine on!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Templar High Command approves this build for all noobplars.

Shine on!

We have high command? :O
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    Which build do you recommend for a noobplar? Heavy or Light?
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leem1988 wrote: »
    Which build do you recommend for a noobplar? Heavy or Light?

hmmm I'd say heavy to start until you get used it. Unless you afford or have the materials to make heavy and light.
    Edited by Akinos on July 7, 2017 3:46PM
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like Momentum is on your bar - is it because you are using Elusive Mist instead? Is the purpose of 2hand just to run Onslaught?
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like Momentum is on your bar - is it because you are using Elusive Mist instead? Is the purpose of 2hand just to run Onslaught?

Plus most people forget, 2H helps mag DMG like DW does
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 7, 2017 4:03PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That, the ult and the 2H passives are far better then the dual wield passives imo. Also 2H looks much better then dual wielding :)
    2H on a magplar also confuses many people, I've had people ask me and also assume that I'm stamina. People not knowing what type of build you are can give you can advantage.
    Edited by Akinos on July 7, 2017 4:07PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stupid questions: what do u get out points in man at arms...i'm not sure I fully grasp the definition :s
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    stupid questions: what do u get out points in man at arms...i'm not sure I fully grasp the definition :s

It makes reflective light, and both ultimates hit harder, my bats has over 5k tooltip on self buffs with this build.
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Thought I would give this a try as my temp has been a bit neglected for a while. I am not using gold gear yet and only have 1 undaunted out of 2 (mettle). I seem to be getting near your stats but I cant get your spell and weapon damage . I am about 245 short . I am using 5 heavy 1 light 1 medium with 3 gold tri glyphs and the rest magicka and 3 gold spell damage. I am high elf same as you.

Cant seem to embed so here are stats imgur.com/a/jcUvY

Edited by synnerman on July 8, 2017 3:22PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

very interesting: how does 2H synergize well with magicka...noob here!!!
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 8, 2017 4:35PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »
    Hi, Thought I would give this a try as my temp has been a bit neglected for a while. I am not using gold gear yet and only have 1 undaunted out of 2 (mettle). I seem to be getting near your stats but I cant get your spell and weapon damage . I am about 245 short . I am using 5 heavy 1 light 1 medium with 3 gold tri glyphs and the rest magicka and 3 gold spell damage. I am high elf same as you.

Is your greatsword gold?
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

Is your greatsword gold?

No but surely that doesnt give spell damage? or am I being stupid here :smile:
    Edited by synnerman on July 8, 2017 4:05PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is your greatsword gold?

Gold weapons give around 300 SD/WD over purple weapons.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Is your greatsword gold?

Gold weapons give around 300 SD/WD over purple weapons.

Thanks to both of you, yep that worked :smile: Never realised they give that much. Thanks guys
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhaegar the 2H passive of great sword increases all forms of damage, including magicka
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhaegar the 2H passive of great sword increases all forms of damage, including magicka

thanks...I shall have to test it: I soooo much prefer to look/feel of a 2H vs. DW!!!!!!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

thanks...I shall have to test it: I soooo much prefer to look/feel of a 2H vs. DW!!!!!!

Lol yeah, that's a big reason I like OP's build, I haven't seen mag players going with 2H in over a year, I love seeing the old school look coming back. + You fake out everyone the first time you face then.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which 2H passive affects mag DMG?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Which 2H passive affects mag DMG?

I do believe it's called Heavy Weapons, and specifically, "Swords increase your damage done by 5%"
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. I always thought I that didn't work with magic., but according to the description..... Hmm.. Gonna test it.

This has made me relook at all the weapon passives. I have ideas now... Not 2-hander ideas, but ideas.
    Edited by Biro123 on July 8, 2017 10:54PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.