The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Can we have an Alchemist Hireling instead of the Snakeblood passive? (Or any passive at this point)

ThatAlaskanDude
ThatAlaskanDude
✭✭✭
I can't imagine why the Snakeblood passive is still around after the Morrowind update. It's one of if not the MOST useless passives in the game "Reduces duration of negative effects in potions by X%" Yeah just don't craft negative effect potions to begin with (unless your doing master alchemist writs). If anyone does use this passive please tell me why.
Edited by ThatAlaskanDude on July 1, 2017 1:56AM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that a little redundant because of the Shadowy Supplier passive from the Dark Brotherhood skill line. I do agree that Snakeblood is useless though.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snakeblood passive sounds cool though. Just wish it did something cool too.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • ThatAlaskanDude
    ThatAlaskanDude
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Isn't that a little redundant because of the Shadowy Supplier passive from the Dark Brotherhood skill line. I do agree that Snakeblood is useless though.

It is but I still stand by what I said.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snake blood should be either poison resist or you poison others upon receiving damage. As if you had. . . Snake Blood.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Sleezly
    Sleezly
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I'd like to see the snakeblood passive stay but make it reduce the effect of PvP poisons as well.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need for alchemy hirelings, plenty of mats from surveys (if you like wormwood), then there is shadowy supplier which can be argued is behind a paywall. Irony aside though the mats are not hard to find in open world play especially if you use just one skill point in the keen eye passive.

A far better use for snakeblood is as someone already mentioned in a previous post, make it relevant to mitigate incoming poison damage, this lowers the demand for nerfing poison proc sets and puts the onus on the targeted player to either mitigate incoming poison or to not provide a defence against it, if the player then chose to ignore mitigation then they can't blame the proc set and can only blame themselves for leaving the door wide open.
    Edited by supaskrub on June 30, 2017 11:34PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i do not agree with their being a need for alchemy hireling.

keen eye alchey is like the fifth skill i unlock on every character because at all levels its reagents work forever. Running writs it is no problem keeping up with demand - heck i have triple digits of alchey survey sitting in inventory now.

Add in shadow supplies, just simply put an alchey hireling would be just about as useless as snakeblood.

So, while snake blood is weak to useless, the marrying its weakness to adding a hireling is wrong.

No matter how bad snakeblood may be, that in no way supports the need/benefit of alchey hireling any more than it supports adding an alchey passive that allows unknown potion failure to produce ta runes as a byproduct of failure.

Maybe replace it with a skill that increases benefits/tooltips from potions drunk, like the extended duration just on the gains.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Yes, we have the shadowy Supplier which serves the same benefit and only costs 1 skill point.
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    Megabear wrote: »
    Snakeblood passive sounds cool though. Just wish it did something cool too.

they just need to rename it 'tigerblood' and you get a Charlie Sheen pet
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can give an example where Snakeblood would actually be relevant to the game, but first you have to change how Potions w/ negative effects function.

Example:
    A regular potion that restores 5,000HP

That same potion (with a negative effect) restores 7,000HP but you lose 10,000Stam, so there's a trade-off: these potions are always superior, but it'll cost you something.

Now take that same negative potion with Snakeblood active: restore 6,000HP and you lose 5,000Stam. Hence, Snakeblood would offer players a real choice: do I go for the biggest heal possible or do I preserve half of that Stamina and only get the second biggest heal possible?
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can give an example where Snakeblood would actually be relevant to the game, but first you have to change how Potions w/ negative effects function.

Example:
    A regular potion that restores 5,000HP

That same potion (with a negative effect) restores 7,000HP but you lose 10,000Stam, so there's a trade-off: these potions are always superior, but it'll cost you something.

Now take that same negative potion with Snakeblood active: restore 6,000HP and you lose 5,000Stam. Hence, Snakeblood would offer players a real choice: do I go for the biggest heal possible or do I preserve half of that Stamina and only get the second biggest heal possible?

Exactly, I can't think of a potion with a negative effect that I would otherwise use if I had that passive. As a newbie, reading the description I thought there would be OP potions to unlock that had a negative effect to balance it but I haven't come across them. Something like "increase physical resist but slows you down" I'd take for my tank. Or "restore health and increase spell power but lose spell resist". Using snake blood passive to lessen those negatives would make sense. But those combinations just don't exist.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Snake blood should be either poison resist or you poison others upon receiving damage. As if you had. . . Snake Blood.

Uhh no alchemy is strong enough as is. The hireling would be a good replacement.