The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think there should be a way to share writ vouchers among different characters?

IcyDeadPeople
IcyDeadPeople
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just turned in my first large master writ and unfortunately it was a different character from the one who already had some writ vouchers. I didn't realize there was no way to share them in order to buy something that costs, say 250 vouchers.
Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 30, 2017 2:37PM

Do you think there should be a way to share writ vouchers among different characters? 105 votes

I'd like to be able to deposit writ vouchers in bank and pool them among various characters to buy something
80% 85 votes
I think writ voucher system is fine as is
12% 13 votes
Other (describe below)
5% 6 votes
What's a writ voucher?
0% 1 vote
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, yes.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh f&ck yes. None of my alts do master writs (because the "master" ones are mostly 2-5) so they all get passed to my main to pool the vouchers!
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had to go other because I only have one crafter capable of completing master writs. I just bank the writ and pick it up on my master crafter. He is the only one that has vouchers because of this.
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provisioning is what irks me the most.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If would be nice though I do all my master writs on the same character so all my vouchers are already in one place.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, specifically I would like to have seen this happen when the system came out. To that point, I have already respec'ed my gear crafter to handle all six. And even then, I end up still selling many of the provisioner master writs.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's maddening when I get a master writ drop on an alt, knowing full well that I have to dump all the unopened writs into my bank before doing them :/
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only do Master Writs on one character, so for me its fine, but I get that a lot of people would like to do them on multiple characters. So, it should be an option. You shouldn't be forced to only do them on one character.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be against it. But it's really the same situation with alliance points. Only the toon that earned them can spend them so I can't see it being changed.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why Vouchers are Character Bound and not Account Bound is something I have never understood. It makes 0 sense, esp as a number of players spread their crafting over more than one Alt.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to go other because I only have one crafter capable of completing master writs. I just bank the writ and pick it up on my master crafter. He is the only one that has vouchers because of this.

Pretty much this. If I get a master writ I immediately dump it in the bank, grab it on my crafter, and go to town on it.

Besides, if we can't have account-wide AP, why do it for writ vouchers?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This wouldn't affect me personally since I only craft on 1 character, but I can't see any reason for them not to be shared and I know it frustrates a lot of people so I'm absolutely in favour of getting it changed.

(Honestly this and furniture crafting needing multiple disciplines is why I think I'm lucky that I decided to do all my crafting on 1 character back when people told me it was better to spread them out.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's really just an annoyance.

I can only really see one reason for this system. ZoS was a little tweaked that at release people defeated their research timer system by splitting the work across multiple toons. This seems like a way to encourage people to focus on one character.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really just an annoyance.

I can only really see one reason for this system. ZoS was a little tweaked that at release people defeated their research timer system by splitting the work across multiple toons. This seems like a way to encourage people to focus on one character.

Uh this actually worked out in Zeni's favor because that meant more time spent gathering motifs to have across all the different characters. More time to grind = More time playing the game = More sub income.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »

Pretty much this. If I get a master writ I immediately dump it in the bank, grab it on my crafter, and go to town on it.

In my case, I learned all Blacksmithing traits on one character, all the woodworking and clothing traits on another character, and then learned most of the provisioning recipes on a third character. That took about 3 years, just finished learning the last traits recently.

It would be nice as well if you could store AP in the bank, but for me this is not a big deal. If I'm playing on a few different characters in Cyrodiil, I simply bring each of them up to at least 200k AP so I can buy a few monster helms.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 30, 2017 8:00PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always do the writs on my main to have all vouchers in one place but I think being able to put them in the bank just like Tel Var but not transfer them to other players wouldn't do any harm.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like Tel Var. Nice options OP.

+1 for making a logical poll.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wouldn't mind bankable AP actually. I think the only reason it's not is to artificiallly create faction loyalty, because you need need AP to buy stone trebs and forward camps. That's a bit of a relic of the past given how easy AP is to make now, and how many non alliance items are for sale for AP now.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it is now is such a bizarre choice. Pointlessly irritating.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i think not banking is fine but that is far from saying writ voucher system is fine as it is. Should not have added extraneous editorilzing to the answers opposing the Op views.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you couldn't bank, buy, or sell writs, then voucher sharing would be important.

But you have every opportunity to cater writs to your ability, and it's still a fairly small vendor offering. So I see it as a non-issue. If we ever get multiple highly desirable items asking tens of thousands of vouchers apiece, then maybe.
    signing off
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not all of my characters are Master Crafters of everything. Back before we had the Crafting Bag I spread the crafting skill lines around different characters. It be nice if I could pool them since currently my Enchanter/Alchemist has the most vouchers because Ive had better luck with Writ drops for those two skill lines.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my case, I learned all Blacksmithing traits on one character, all the woodworking and clothing traits on another character, and then learned most of the provisioning recipes on a third character. That took about 3 years, just finished learning the last traits recently.

It would be nice as well if you could store AP in the bank, but for me this is not a big deal. If I'm playing on a few different characters in Cyrodiil, I simply bring each of them up to at least 200k AP so I can buy a few monster helms.

That is exactly how I split up my crafters too! I was used to doing this from other mmos. I made my Templar healer the clothing/ woodworking character. My original dk tank was my blacksmith and my nightblade (who I thought was going to be a "rogue") my provisioner/alchemist. So much of this game has gone counter to my original intuition..... to the point where my "rogue" is the tank and the dk is a bank alt lol.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not against it either ... although ZOS just made it easier for players.

You cannot erroneously accept the master writ quest on pickup now.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same thing once, and that's when I realized that if you do master writs with a different character, you'll regret it.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's say I have a character which already has a lot of vouchers, but doesn't know blacksmith traits. Can I accept a blacksmith master writ quest with that character, then make the item with my blacksmith alt, and transfer to the first character via bank?

Does the quest get completed when you acquire the item in your inventory, or do you actually have to craft it with that character?
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's say I have a character which already has a lot of vouchers, but doesn't know blacksmith traits. Can I accept a blacksmith master writ quest with that character, then make the item with my blacksmith alt, and transfer to the first character via bank?

Does the quest get completed when you acquire the item in your inventory, or do you actually have to craft it with that character?

It has to be crafted by the character that is on the writ quest. Transferring doesn't count.

Oh! And don't accidentally wear the item they request because it disqualifies it. After I had the quest update to 1/1, I put on the epic chest piece and the quest updated to 0/1.
    Edited by max_only on July 1, 2017 9:03PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I brought this up on the forums when housing first came out. They should really let us pool them together. Why so restrictive anyway? We can pool TV stones in our bank.
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    Should be account wide. Gold should be too. Hate having to log multiple characters to shuffle gold about.
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All my 4 veteran characters are maxed out crafters, but I only have rarer styles learned and traits researched on my first one. There are plenty of skill points to fully spec crafting on a char, yet be fully effective as player. I saw no reason to split, but I will research more traits on the 3 chars in order to maximize the chances of getting those writs and passing them on my main for the actual crafting.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |