The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unkown account issue

Night_Watch
Night_Watch
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Maybe I'm being a bit dense as I write this but I have encountered an odd problem relating to an account and do not seem able to submit a ticket or otherwise contact ZOS directly.

In short it seems someone has tried to set up an ESO account via one of my semi-redundant rubbish email accounts!

The message is a tad long;*

I have several email addresses that I use as 'main', 'secondary' and 'rubbish'. Both the main and secondary accounts are used for family and friends and a few trusted businesses. The rubbish account is for just that - anything that falls outside the other two such as rarely used or temporary contacts. Further, the rubbish account is not known to any of my family, friends or social circle.

The problem is that on the rubbish account I recieved two emails from 'The Elder Scrolls Online' regarding 'New Account Email Varification' and 'Account Activation Success'. Both indicating they where sent on 03/05/2017. I had not seen them until today even though I have checked the account in the interim!

Before pressing any links, I checked them ;

New Account: https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/users/xxx/xxx (my xxx- link will not work - 404)
Account Activation: http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home

Both checked out as the real deal!

I clicked the New account link and the web page indicated a successful activation. I clicked the other link and got taken to (no surprise) the app/home page. (Both legit URLs).

I recieved no further email but decided to try to log into the new account. The account details where not recognised - as expected. (Used my name and account name given in email).

So I used the app page to see if I could email or send a ticket to ZOS directly. I found no link to do so. This is the same when I log into my usual account - no submit ticket option. The web assistant asks for my account details - I DO NOT have anything other than the supposed (new) account name - from the email 'Greetings xxx,'.

The odd thing is that I have absoloutely no recolection of starting a new account! I am the only person that uses my computers except for a family member who is computer illiterate (in the nicest way) that I occassionly order online for and a friend I sometimes print pictures for who watches me on my main PC as he is just learning the basics. Niether know about the rubbish account as there is no sign of it on any computer I have - I log in online only when alone and erase history (sounds dodgey but it's not).

I wondered if this was some type of hack but there is no other recent (long time) activity on the email account and the emails, on inspection are from the genuine ESO source and the links go to the genuine ESO pages.

So! I'm here wondering who has set up or tried to set up an ESO account via my email and is the account in use? I can submit further detail directly to a mod if required.

Yes! I have security that is up to date. No! I do not sleep talk or sleep type. No! Sadly I did not try to set up the account whilst inebriated! (I have not drank alcohol for about six years!)

I suppose it is nothing to worry about - just thought I'd write this as I had a bit time to juggle!

*Tried spoiler but it would not work!
"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)