The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zenimax, there's more people than you think in the CP Campaigns.

TomCarterESO
TomCarterESO
✭✭✭
I'm very sorry if I similar thread has already been opened, but I feel like I need to express my views about this on behalf of myself and fellow PvP'ers.

There's only one CP campaign on several platforms... I'm not entirely sure why, but the only thing I can put it down too is population.

Many of us who play PvP know that this singular CP campaign is always pop locked, always laggy & sometimes unplayable.

I don't really see the problem in opening 2 CP campaigns and leaving 1 non CP campaign open along with the Below Level 50 campaign too...

I'd like to know how people feel about this & if they're as annoyed as I am about it... :|
Edited by TomCarterESO on June 28, 2017 5:50PM
Veteran Rank 16 Dark Elf Templar
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that would leave me the hardship of choosing which non CP campaign to choose :)
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My feeling is that theyll go the other way and close the cp campaign all together.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very sorry if I similar thread has already been opened, but I feel like I need to express my views about this on behalf of myself and fellow PvP'ers.

There's only one CP campaign on several platforms... I'm not entirely sure why, but the only thing I can put it down too is population.

Many of us who play PvP know that this singular CP campaign is always pop locked, always laggy & sometimes unplayable.

I don't really see the problem in opening 2 CP campaigns and leaving 1 non CP campaign open along with the Below Level 50 campaign too...

I'd like to know how people feel about this & if they're as annoyed as I am about it... :|

One of the other campaigns probably should also be CP, but you'd have the same problem. One campaign would be probably be mostly empty, and the other would still be full for 12 hours of every day.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    My feeling is that theyll go the other way and close the cp campaign all together.

That could possibly be the worst decision they ever make. I know a lot of PvPers who would just quit the game. I probably would myself. I owe the game nothing, 3 years of subbing, I think I've paid my dues.

Edited by Nermy on June 28, 2017 9:00AM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait—there's only one CP campaign on the other platforms? Xbox NA has two—and they're both simultaneously pop-locked during peak hours. The non-cps are dead—I haven't even ever seen a bar of population in any of them outside of Kyne (Blackwater Blade)
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • TomCarterESO
    TomCarterESO
    ✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    Wait—there's only one CP campaign on the other platforms? Xbox NA has two—and they're both simultaneously pop-locked during peak hours. The non-cps are dead—I haven't even ever seen a bar of population in any of them outside of Kyne (Blackwater Blade)

Yes, I know for certain, on PS4 EU for example, there's only one CP campaign.
    Veteran Rank 16 Dark Elf Templar
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I know for certain, on PS4 EU for example, there's only one CP campaign.

Yeah, and PS4 EU Vivic is overcrowded laggy and sticks you in a que of 49 people or so each night.

b0zEV_s-200x150.gif

"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Z0$ are proactively closing down servers, not opening them
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah right, then also remove AP lmao, if they do it goodbye PvP players :*
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

One of the other campaigns probably should also be CP, but you'd have the same problem. One campaign would be probably be mostly empty, and the other would still be full for 12 hours of every day.

Not really, in PS4 EU we had 2 pop locked CP campaigns, no cp are empty because you can only zerg on those and even zerging is annoying there.
    Edited by Kay1 on June 28, 2017 11:06AM
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps there are fewer PvP players than the OP realizes and it's more of a backend server or network issue than a population issue.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps there are fewer PvP players than the OP realizes and it's more of a backend server or network issue than a population issue.

Tell that to my 250+q times...
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

from Morrowind Campaigns thread
    In addition to the above, Xbox NA will also have the following Campaign added:
    • Shor – Ruleset: 7 day Champ

no explaintion from ZO$ why
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Cp, remove proc sets then PvP will be enjoyable again just as it is now on the non vet, non cp Kyne server.
    And in before PvE complaints you guys can keep your training wheels.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's right Xbox NA is the master race we have 2 CP campaigns why? Cuz we have more people who play pvp and more people in general that play eso then they have on any other platform :blush:
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »

from Morrowind Campaigns thread
    In addition to the above, Xbox NA will also have the following Campaign added:
    • Shor – Ruleset: 7 day Champ

no explaintion from ZO$ why

It's because we have more people who play on Xbox then any other platform it's really easy to tell if you have more then just 1 account on more then 1 platform
  • HalloweenWeed
    HalloweenWeed
    ✭✭✭
    According to some patch notes a few months ago (Homestead DLC patch? or thereabouts), they were removing CP from Cyrodiil and leveling the field for players. My guess is they never actually implemented this yet, and as stated above that's what they have in mind. So, IF this is the case, then what is holding them back? Perhaps threats of players leaving ESO in droves? Just guessing here.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Cp, remove proc sets then PvP will be enjoyable again just as it is now on the non vet, non cp Kyne server.

Eherm. How about NO! There is a reason why no cp campaigns are like empty deserts. Nobody is interested of them.

They should put another 7 day CP campaign into PS4 EU. It was bad decision to limit to a just one. The no CP has no population and personally not even remotely interested of them.

Also have played the game longtime so like my CP's and there should be some benefits to longterm users vs total noobs. That is called progression!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea there are more ppl then you think Zeni..
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a very easy explanation for why PvP is the way it is today. Here it is:

There were two things that caused the current situation:

1) (and i do think this is the number one thing) STREAMERS constantly preached that no CP was the absolute best pvp experience you were going to have. They were quite vocal, at least the top three you hear about most were, and they pushed noCP as being the definitive competitive pvp experience. These same streamers were invited to ZOS HQ and had the direct ear of the developers on their thoughts and opinions. Whether they were listened to or not is irrelevant. They still got direct access. dont believe me? just read the following post. Please note: the reference to the fact that lag caused "poor stream viewership" agenda driven garbage:
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    There are skilled players on CP and nonCP campaigns. Theres a difference in playstyles. A lot of skilled players that played nonCP actually enjoyed it and preferred it during the nonCP week. The difference is what the actual server environments have.

If I go to TF Im going to see more massive ball groups - that is the clearest distinction I can draw immediately. The population is higher, and that is just how it is. That is where people have invested money in builds that work there and they dont typically translate directly to a nonCP environment. So people do what is comfortable. On top of that - people have more survival there.

Discussion of TTK is another thing altogether than the above mentioned. The above mentioned is a big reason I dont like going to TF in the first place. The environment is unenjoyable and also degrades performance. Nobody enjoys watching a stream where your skills arent working because of the amount of players around you. TTK (from group vs small scale/solo) is another discussion to approach and how CP impacts that. Ultimately, the CP ceiling is constantly raised, and as time has gone forward, the gameplay has felt less skilled and less punishing for mistakes. This has translated to a less enjoyable and fulfilling experience for me as a PvPer, and many others that have stopped bothering to log in. Do I actually want TTK to be lower? The answer is actually no. I want burst to be lower, and I want healing to be lower. I want both of them to matter, pressure vs sustain. This is the point of the battle spirit that was put into Cyro to begin with - the issue there is the CP system layered on it and it didnt actually address specific skills in PvP, it was a broad stroke 'fix'. These concepts have been stripped from the game in part due to equipment changes (One Tamriel specifically) and the constant increase of CP.

People can sustain on noCP as well. They are just used to building in a way where CP provides a majority of their sustain and stat coverage, and everything in equip+enchants goes towards your effect (damage, healing, tankiness).

Do you think PvP is in a good place right now as population and interests continue to go downward? Peoples enjoyment of fights that feel so predictable theyre practically scripted? There is no justification on my part. Its an opinion, and its one that makes a lot more sense than the 'champions go to TF' outlook you have. Its also an opinion that makes sense to not just myself, but to the developers who have noted nonCP will likely be the primary feature of battlegrounds. Reason being that gameplay becomes ruined by people that know how to manage the CP spectrum very well. Theres too much there - even with changes coming to it. CP should not offer progressive passive increases to all stats and resources. It should be a place someone specializes in character differences that offer alternative playstyle options, not passive strength. New players are turned away from the necessity of needing max CP to compete in PvP as well - this is absolutely poor design for a game that wants to encourage growth in PvP.

Blanket statements of "Ultimately, the CP ceiling is constantly raised, and as time has gone forward, the gameplay has felt less skilled and less punishing for mistakes. This has translated to a less enjoyable and fulfilling experience for me as a PvPer, and many others that have stopped bothering to log in."

you dotn think that was repeated to ZOS developers? please. Its the dribble that put noCP > CP

2) CP balancing: This is another major influencer into why we see the constant complaints. ZOS balanced CP to where the opinions of the above quote are addressed almost entirely, yet removed CP for BGs and majority campaigns. Now proc sets and poisons are more significant to the noCP player and they want their (now balanced) CP gameplay.

These two factors are why the entire community is in an uproar about the situation. Devs were CONVINCED noCP was the directio nthey needed to go. but balanced CP to where we didnt need to get rid of it. completely polar contradictions causing chaos. almost like two teams worked on pvp at the same time.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »

Eherm. How about NO! There is a reason why no cp campaigns are like empty deserts. Nobody is interested of them.

They should put another 7 day CP campaign into PS4 EU. It was bad decision to limit to a just one. The no CP has no population and personally not even remotely interested of them.

Also have played the game longtime so like my CP's and there should be some benefits to longterm users vs total noobs. That is called progression!

Ehem, How about you actually go check out the Kyne campaign which is not empty and yes many who play there are old timers who just keep rolling under 50 alts to play without the CP and proc garbage.
    But I see you like farming noobs on non equal footing and might rage if the noobs kick your behind.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How I wish they would, then PvP wopuld be far easier to balance and they would stop nerfing everyone because someone complained over some OP build they kept dying to in Cyrodiil. Its CP that are a lot part of PvP balance issues...without CP, it would be down to just proc sets.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

When we had more cp camps it was the same as it is now. TF was always over crowded and the other barely touched in comparison.

Herd mentality drives this.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    "Zenimax, there's more people than you think in PvP."

No there isn't.

And before anyone gets salty, ZOS guaranteed has statistic of the number of players playing on the different servers, or queuing them.
    Edited by Bombashaman on June 28, 2017 2:46PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No there isn't.

The queue for Vivec hit over 300 for EP alone the other night but you would know that if you played PvP.
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭

No there isn't.

The queue for Vivec hit over 300 for EP alone the other night but you would know that if you played PvP.

Yeah, just edited my post to explain my comment a little better. There must be some other reasons why they don't want to open more CP campaigns. Maybe they want to force people to play on non-CP servers?
    Edited by Bombashaman on June 28, 2017 2:48PM
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pritty sure they know better then any of us how many people that play pvp in ESO :)
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ehem, How about you actually go check out the Kyne campaign which is not empty and yes many who play there are old timers who just keep rolling under 50 alts to play without the CP and proc garbage.
    But I see you like farming noobs on non equal footing and might rage if the noobs kick your behind.

I have been in Kyne in PS4 EU and well it is empty. Good for you that you like it.

As for best players well they are 90% in Vivec campaign and you only need to check leaderboards. Rest of the campaigns contain mostly noobs.

As for getting "kicked in behind". I don't mind that since it is competitive and I will kick back.

Only problems are the ques into Vivec. Hitting now +100's at times. I have never seen other campaigns even remotely full and most of the times they show 0 bar. (Except the non vet one)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been in Kyne in PS4 EU and well it is empty. Good for you that you like it.

As for best players well they are 90% in Vivec campaign and you only need to check leaderboards. Rest of the campaigns contain mostly noobs.

As for getting "kicked in behind". I don't mind that since it is competitive and I will kick back.

Only problems are the ques into Vivec. Hitting now +100's at times. I have never seen other campaigns even remotely full and most of the times they show 0 bar. (Except the non vet one)

I know all about Vivec NA as last campaign I was in the top 5 most of the campaign but it was not enjoyable do to all the cheese.
    NA Kyne is always busy so must be EU thing.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. All of the Non CP campaigns are "rip" in PS4 EU.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the fact that the "old timers" have moved to the non cp campaigns, I know for a fact that the reason they are doing this is not only to level new characters, but its because Vivic is just over crowded, its too populated that even if you do manage to get into the campaign, your more likely to get kicked out again with your ps4 going to "there is a problem" or getting stuck into Cyrodiils loading screens. Its not because they want to play without CP its just easier to play without lag, I think playing without CP is a good challenge and when I first logged in I had to get my bearings without it!

Last night was horrible in vivic though, it was so laggy that I'm pretty sure no one knew what was happening as we were all running past each other.

"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160