The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

(PVP) Stam Sorcs vs Other Stam Builds

Thogard
Thogard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any good counters against Stam sorcs? Recently I've been having trouble as a Stam DK against them in both duel situations as well as group vs group.

Biggest issue seems to be around their critical surge + dark deal combo. If they're running DW's blood craze and blood thirst, and viper for that +crit chance, then they'll be getting insane heals from the DW skills and the crit surge while still doing amazing damage. And they can then throw on troll king so that my defiles don't bring them down. And then they get that dark deal Stam back and it's game over for me.

How are other Stam classes countering these Stam sorc builds? I've tried quite a few things but it seems that if I go too defensive, I won't have the DPS to bring them down, but if I go offensive then I'm dead too quickly..

Help me git Gud. Only thing I can think of is to get lucky with a bash during a dark deal cast, but I'm not nearly talented enough to pull that off routinely, and if I spam it then I'll be out of resources faster than them. I've been having the most luck with stacking CC on them as a defensive measure and then timing a Skoria proc with a dk leap and execute, but it's hard if they have bolt escape slotted.

The sustain is tough on account of dark deal allowing them to forego a sustain 5 piece. They can run engine guardian and two proc 5 pieces and use dark deal to convert that mag into Stam if the RNG on E.G. Gives them mag.

I don't imagine this would be a unique problem to Stam DKs though. I imagine the only Stam class that could deal with them effectively would be Stam warden on account of the sustain + burst being so high.

And I know they're weak against ranged builds on account of needing to be in melee range to get those heals. I'm not trying to say they're OP, I'm just trying to figure out what the counters are :)

Any advice?
PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just theoretical advice here, as I don't play StamDk.

If a Stam Sorc builds for big damage and low sustain, relying on Dark Deal and mobility for los, then shut him down with snares, stuns, and interrupts. Keep your dots up and focus mainly on CC and staying alive until you get a good opening for a dragon leap/execute combo.
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Just theoretical advice here, as I don't play StamDk.

If a Stam Sorc builds for big damage and low sustain, relying on Dark Deal and mobility for los, then shut him down with snares, stuns, and interrupts. Keep your dots up and focus mainly on CC and staying alive until you get a good opening for a dragon leap/execute combo.

Good advice. I have both sDK (my main) and stam sorc. If I fight a sorc whip keeps streaking then I just ignore him or wait for him to come to me

Do you use a bow? I put a resource drain poison on mine (health, stamina and magica) hit them with that first and a poison arrow, then cc, rush, (interchangeable) DoTs, wrecking blow, ultimate. Does fine and can bring the sorc down quick enough.

Ps my sorc is a high dmg orc, and I struggle with sustain despite dark deal. I run out far quicker than on my sDK
    Edited by murdomac101 on June 28, 2017 8:52AM
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    -2H Mael/Mael Bow
    -3Agility
    -5Fury
    -2Troll
    -1Light
    -1Medium
    -5 Heavy

Shlump on Stamsorcs, Have fun.