The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should crafter's finally get a title to signify they are master crafters?

• Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, please elaborate
    *Cough* Master blacksmith *Cough*
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's about darn time!
    I wouldn't say no to this :)
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't want to be constantly hassled by peeps for gear etc. If I want to sell my services, I'll advertise in zone chat.

This is exactly why I voted no.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who crafts anymore?
    Depends what you understand as "Master Crafter". Getting to level 50 is easy enough... getting through 9-trait research, or collecting over 500 recipes - that takes time.

At the moment, the only profession I use more than once a week is provisioning, since crafted sets are mostly outperformed by dropped stuff.
    PC-EU
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to be constantly hassled by peeps for gear etc. If I want to sell my services, I'll advertise in zone chat.

This is exactly why I voted no.

I don't get this point though. You could set this title like any other. It would not change anything for you if you don't want to use it.
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭

My main character's name is Nine-Trait Crafter ... I don't get harassed at all

It's actually the opposite, people will stand right in front of me .. & then write in zone chat "are there any crafters online ?" :|

PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »
    What constitutes a master crafter? Some people think being 9 traits in everything is a master crafter, but I disagree.

This is how I've understood it.

Master crafting is when you can competently complete most master writs, by having most traits and most common motifs. If you are at this level, you are a master crafter.

Grand master crafting is when you have all traits, all motifs, all recipes, etc, and you have reached the limit of your expertise. If you are at this level, you are a grand master crafter.

There is no way to ever have all motifs and recipes because new ones keep getting added.
    That's a good point, requiring crafters to always be 100% on motifs is unreasonable. A Master Crafter needs to be above average, certainly, but not necessarily perfect.

Another problem with nomenclature is that there are already six Master Crafter achievements , each just for reaching level 50.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. Everyone and their mother can easily become a "master crafter"

Oooh but the last traits take so long. So what. All you have to do is press the research button from a cheap bought or by guildy crafted piece of gear.

And what defines a master crafter?

I have all craft on one toon and have all 9 traits researched. Am I a master crafter? Or is the the one with all motifs learned.

New motifs come with new expansions. Does the title shift for newcomers? What if you respect and don't put skills in any crafter, can you still use the title? A bit misleading then for people looking for a crafter.

I always use one crafted armor and one loot armor. But really, looted armor sets are way better. The only reason I craft one set is because i am to lazy to farm.

Master crafter pfff. Crafting in ESO is a choirboy compared to crafting in games like SWG and Vanguard

giphy.gif
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    No. Everyone and their mother can easily become a "master crafter"

Oooh but the last traits take so long. So what. All you have to do is press the research button from a cheap bought or by guildy crafted piece of gear.

And what defines a master crafter?

I have all craft on one toon and have all 9 traits researched. Am I a master crafter? Or is the the one with all motifs learned.

New motifs come with new expansions. Does the title shift for newcomers? What if you respect and don't put skills in any crafter, can you still use the title? A bit misleading then for people looking for a crafter.

I always use one crafted armor and one loot armor. But really, looted armor sets are way better. The only reason I craft one set is because i am to lazy to farm.

Master crafter pfff. Crafting in ESO is a choirboy compared to crafting in games like SWG and Vanguard

giphy.gif

I consider a master crafter one who has each of the crafting categories maxed out. It may have been easy for you, but for others who may be low on gold, they had to farm for their fortified nirn or potent nirn. I must disagree that it is easy. Especially before craft bag was introduced and banking all your mats and organizing your armor birthed an entire generation of crafting mules for so many people. And when nirn only dropped in upper Craglorn. Is it easier now? Yes to some degree. Does it take dedication to put skillpoints into every crafting passive for each type? Yes.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support crafters but want Zos to make bigger changes first
    While the idea is cool with how much work it took just to get everything I needed to do the research, now for every $95 you want to pump into crowns you can finish a 30 day timer thanks to the new crown store item.