The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should crafter's finally get a title to signify they are master crafters?

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There are currently no titles for crafters, let alone crafters who have mastered all crafting categories. Should Zos encourage crafting by adding Titles?
Edited by Sheezabeast on June 26, 2017 9:00PM
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!

Should crafter's finally get a title to signify they are master crafters? 178 votes

Yes, it's about darn time!
80%
IcyDeadPeopleNestorSorianaCrusaderNINEGilvothMoloch1514AlchemicalBigBraggCapnPhotonCpt_Teemowenchmore420b14_ESOninibiniAzuriel02Danikatniawrathb16_ESOAlienSlofkwisatzSoupDragonskoomatraitAnath_Q 143 votes
No
6%
Acrolaslolo_01b16_ESOKnootewootAzraelKriegWald1naLadyLethallaVoxicityWhite wabbitLadislaoCountEdmondDantesMegabear 11 votes
Who crafts anymore?
4%
KhenarthisaxgoonerOompuhBobby_V_RockitRoyajiIronCrystalMehrunesFlagonCocorocho 8 votes
I support crafters but want Zos to make bigger changes first
5%
inf.toniceb17_ESOdsalterO_LYKOSDr.NRGMyNameIsEliasRagnorkTornaadBombashamanGreensea 9 votes
Other, please elaborate
3%
KochDerDamonenIr0nB34rVipstaakkithisisScoManRygonixsupaskrubZotami 7 votes
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering how long it takes to research the ninth trait, not to mention ALL nine traits, yeah, Crafters deserve a Title. But maybe make the requirement also having learned all basic Motifs as well as all the Exotic and One Tamriel styles. DLC styles shouldn't count as those are being added all the time.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafter - 50 in all
    Master Crafter - 50 in all - basic and exotic motifs learned, 100 recipes/diagrams/praxises/etc, 8 traits
    Grand Master Crafter - 50 in all - all non-DLC/non-crown motifs learned, all non-DLC recipes/diagrams/praxises/etc, 9 traits
    PC-NA Goat
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm (very slowly) working on maxing all crafts on one character anyway, but it would be nice to have a title for it.

Especially since that's what my character does - he's not a normal character who also crafts, he has literally 4 skill points in combat skills and everything else in crafting. So the title would be very appropriate.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Crafter - 50 in all
    Master Crafter - 50 in all - basic and exotic motifs learned, 100 recipes/diagrams/praxises/etc, 8 traits
    Grand Master Crafter - 50 in all - all non-DLC/non-crown motifs learned, all non-DLC recipes/diagrams/praxises/etc, 9 traits

Maybe the title(s) could be a bit more fancy too. "Artisan" for Master Crafter.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along with the Title, I want to stop flopping on the Crafting Station like I have pulled a marathon grind session. I am skilled, I should work with aplomb and finesse, not blood sweat and tears.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafter - 50 in all

How about more specific to each craft as well, with a more general overarching title? For instance:

Smith, Tailor, Alchemist, etc (50 in that craft)
    Master Smith, Master Tailor, Master Alchemist, etc (Have 6 traits learned with each, or something)
    Grand Master Smith, Grand Master Tailor, Grand Master Alchemist, etc (Know everything for that specific crafting skill)

Then, when you reach certain tiers of profession, you can get the ones you mentioned?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It's the longest grind in the game.

But the title should only be for crafters who have all traits researched (not just max level in each crafting skill line).
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    'Tis easy now with the writ voucher scrolls. I've sped through my last 9 traits and only have 3 items left, which will be 10 days rather than the 20 days I'd have had left. Not bought any from the crown store other than the 3 I got in crates a sI've only been using the in-game ones.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What constitutes a master crafter? Some people think being 9 traits in everything is a master crafter, but I disagree.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    What constitutes a master crafter? Some people think being 9 traits in everything is a master crafter, but I disagree.

You can only master what the game throws at you, so I'm kinda lost as to what else would constitute as being a master crafter other than having 9 traits, maxed crafts, all known motifs and recipes. Not much else one can do to become a master craftsman
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think constitutes being a master crafter?

Bear in mind it has to be things the game can track automatically, so stuff like being your guilds favourite crafter or making most of your gold from crafting isn't going to be practical.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    Crafter - 50 in all

How about more specific to each craft as well, with a more general overarching title? For instance:

Smith, Tailor, Alchemist, etc (50 in that craft)
    Master Smith, Master Tailor, Master Alchemist, etc (Have 6 traits learned with each, or something)
    Grand Master Smith, Grand Master Tailor, Grand Master Alchemist, etc (Know everything for that specific crafting skill)

Then, when you reach certain tiers of profession, you can get the ones you mentioned?

Wouldn't turn down more titles. :)
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is how I've understood it.

Master crafting is when you can competently complete most master writs, by having most traits and most common motifs. If you are at this level, you are a master crafter.

Grand master crafting is when you have all traits, all motifs, all recipes, etc, and you have reached the limit of your expertise. If you are at this level, you are a grand master crafter.

PC-NA Goat
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't want to have to go to Craglorn to turn in writs. A master crafter should be able to unload his/her wares where ever they please.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who crafts anymore?
    Dropped sets OP
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, please elaborate
    I would have supported this idea, before one could buy it. :p
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are currently no titles for crafters, let alone crafters who have mastered all crafting categories. Should Zos encourage crafting by adding Titles?

Should unlock once you do a master writ in every craft for the title master crafter
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I support crafters but want Zos to make bigger changes first
    Crafters got bigger problems right now.
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps simply give a title and a dye to the existing Unsurpassed Crafter achievement for completing 100 Master Writs?
    Edited by Mirelurk on June 26, 2017 11:24PM
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, please elaborate
    I chose "other":

Its my opinion that once a crafter has hit 9 trait on all, woodworking, blacksmithing and clothing they should be given transmog as a reward and a title..
    Edited by supaskrub on June 26, 2017 11:47PM
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    Other, please elaborate
    I would like to see crafting become more relevant first. It seems the meta these days are all in dropped sets.
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't want to be constantly hassled by peeps for gear etc. If I want to sell my services, I'll advertise in zone chat.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to be constantly hassled by peeps for gear etc. If I want to sell my services, I'll advertise in zone chat.

But you could do it for the achievement and choose not to use it, and only use it when you're open for orders :) That's what I would do.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not?
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think you'd be forced to wear a crafting title.
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see some dynamic titles attached to crafting. One for knowing all motifs for example, that would be taken away when new motifs are added until the new motifs are learned. One for owning and placing all attuned stations in the game...
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A title for having all traits researched would be nice.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, please elaborate
    I suggest having a Grand Master crafter certification exam, involving gathering unique materials to craft a full set of armor, with 2 weapons of your choosing. These materials are BoP, and come from every form of content -- fishing, PvP, Vet Trials, Undaunted Chests, gathering, thieving, murdering, and a 500-writ item from the Mediator. Do not fret though, these items can be freely passed between characters who access the same bank account as the master crafter.

For all that work though you may attract the attention of a..benefactor.. who will make your troubles truly worthwhile.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who crafts anymore?
    Just sounds like another pointless title that anyone and their uncle can get.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is how I've understood it.

Master crafting is when you can competently complete most master writs, by having most traits and most common motifs. If you are at this level, you are a master crafter.

Grand master crafting is when you have all traits, all motifs, all recipes, etc, and you have reached the limit of your expertise. If you are at this level, you are a grand master crafter.

There is no way to ever have all motifs and recipes because new ones keep getting added.