The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

MagDK DPS Help

Najjynn
Najjynn
✭✭
Hi folks,
I've been working on gearing up my MagDK and progressing dungeons, and so far it's going well; however, I feel that my DPS is not where it should be. I'm using 5 Burning Spellweave/3 willpower/valkyn skoria and non set Nirnhoned Destro staff. I've practiced my rotations, and have the dot/animation cancelling [e.g., light attack, whip, block cancel]/weaving down; so at a loss. Could it be the fact that I'm not using a sharpened destro staff? E.g., does it make a huge significant difference? On a separate note, how much of a DPS gain is using all divines? I've got a 5s of BSW but only 2 pieces have divines on them. Does that make a significant difference as well? Any comments are greatly appreciated!
Edited by Najjynn on June 25, 2017 4:28AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nirn is a 7-8% dps loss compared to sharpened, so yeah, change that out.

Divines is smaller, I assume you are using the theif, where each gold 7.5% of the mundas is a lost of only like .8% overall crit, so much less of a dps there.

Mag dks have a hard rotation, you just probably need practice.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on June 25, 2017 5:15AM
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    What race did you choose for your mag dk? What's your max magica at? Also, since you are using a nirnhoned staff, how much points do you have put into Spell Erosion? With the recent "Nerf" of burning spellweave, you might want to try out The Silks of the Sun set. It's an overland set in Stonefalls and in my opinion seems to better dps wise. Also, much easier to get in divines. If you have enough gold, you could buy it in guilds. Run that with Illambris, Grothdarr or Valkyn Skoria and willpower jewelry with spell damage glyphs. Julianos combined could be a good combination too if you want to avoid monster sets. If you feel that your stats are too low go infused on big pieces and divines on all small pieces. What I do is gold out my big pieces infused and put prismatic glyphs on them then magica glyphs on all small pieces. Why prismatic glyphs? It's helpful for more stamina and health on top of the max magica. You will have more stamina to break free and roll dodge and more health for survival. More health and stamina equals less shielding/running out of stam and more opportunity for damage dealing. Hope this helps!
  • Najjynn
    Najjynn
    ✭✭
    Thanks! I'll look into the Silks of the Sun.

Dunmer
    ~38k
    14 points into spell erosion (total CP is 481)
    Willpower jewelry x3 (2 spell damage, 1 spell regen)