The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

selene

mook-eb16_ESO
mook-eb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
selene def needs a damage nerf proc incap + selene and selene does more damage than the ulti. no other proc set does this amount damage and its more difficult to dodge because of incap stun. consider infernal guardian which does like 2-3k on players and you have spend points using shields to activate its worlds apart in terms of balance.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're ah-cooking ah-something up
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 24, 2017 7:25PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They got plans for proc sets in the next update. No clue if that means standard weekly update or in the big meta changing update 3 months from now lol
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    selene def needs a damage nerf proc incap + selene and selene does more damage than the ulti. no other proc set does this amount damage and its more difficult to dodge because of incap stun. consider infernal guardian which does like 2-3k on players and you have spend points using shields to activate its worlds apart in terms of balance.

Why are you using a situation with 1 class?

What about selene on other classes?

Infernal isn't exactly balanced 1v1 either basically 100% uptime.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because he believes no one should have enough damage to kill him in pvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you can't AC infernal into an instant undodgeable 7k+ dmg
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um yeah.... Like dmg dealt over 6s can be compared to dmg done in one burst. And if you consider how often selene is procing its 100% up time to.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why people say these sets are 100% proc up time idk it's just not true
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Malyck
    Malyck
    ✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Why people say these sets are 100% proc up time idk it's just not true

It's a perspective thing. If you don't die, you probably don't notice the procs, they are just another damage source you have to deal with. When you die it seems like there are always multiple proc sets in the list, so you assume 100% up time.

Fighting two NB's in IC the other day, died several times to ambush>incap>viper>selenes all in what seemed like one shot. I had ~28k health, wearing heavy impen and using impreg set pcs.. It happened several times from two different players, never saw a single bear animation, but honestly wouldn't have been able to dodge if I did as it happened from stealth.

It is scenarios like this that cause people to get frustrated with PvP. I have prioritized defense over offense and am playing in a group and still get killed with what seems like a one-shot (instant death) because I don't have time to respond. I realize it is more than one ability, but it seems like the damage all happens at once and I do not have a chance to respond.

Like most of the playerbase, I am tired of things getting nerfed, would rather see things getting buffed or enhanced. I just think that some of these passive damage sources allow players to stack too much damage at once. I would much rather have an interactive fight that is more strategic, that relies on me responding, than an instant death where I never get to respond once. Not sure how to change things to make this happen, but would like to see combat more interactive.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Infernal only hits (even in melee range) when the target is CCed or snared.
    Coincidentally magsorc does not have a snare usually.

I agree the set is completely broken on a good magblade though ;)
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame more and more nerfs come to proc sets because people don't like dying in pvp. Worse that the answer it to always nerf things which in turn then effects pve players too.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    It's a shame more and more nerfs come to proc sets because people don't like dying in pvp. Worse that the answer it to always nerf things which in turn then effects pve players too.

I think the dying in two seconds part completely goes against the whole "bring top down" theology ZoS was wanting to promote when they accidentally created an environment that promotes the exact opposite via proc sets.
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 27, 2017 2:22AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.... and it double procs xD
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting one shot so they say (in itself isn't really true) does happen but in reality it's rare people just don't want to change builds or the play style they have so come onto the forums and exaggerate to suit, not all but I'm guessing a majority
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It happens both ways.
    PS4 EU DC

• MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this?
    When you deal direct melee damage, you have a 15% chance to call on a primal spirit that mauls the closest enemy in front of you for 12000 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
    Change it to:
    When you deal direct melee damage, you have a 30% chance to call on a primal spirit that mauls the closest enemy in front of you for 1500 Physical Damage per second for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.
    This would result in roughly the same overall damage in PVE, but not lead to burst in PVP.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge it
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this?
    When you deal direct melee damage, you have a 15% chance to call on a primal spirit that mauls the closest enemy in front of you for 12000 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
    Change it to:
    When you deal direct melee damage, you have a 30% chance to call on a primal spirit that mauls the closest enemy in front of you for 1500 Physical Damage per second for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.
    This would result in roughly the same overall damage in PVE, but not lead to burst in PVP.

Also make it useless in pvp.

Its not used in pve either.
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Dodge it

You can't most of the time.
    PS4 EU DC

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about this?
    Change it to:

Lame idea. Proc sets in my opinion are pretty cool overall. The only issue being is that they don't scale with your weapon/spell damage and weapon/spell critical. If they did, you wouldn't have players in heavy or players stacking mulitple proc sets and getting good damage out of them. You would have to spec into a lot of raw damage for them to even be worth it. At the moment its just unbalanced because you can be a full hp build with nothing else but hp then use seleanes to kill people.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 27, 2017 4:49AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this?
    Change it to:

Well, where exactly is the threshold between it overperforming and being "useless"?
    What if it was 6000 Damage followed by another 6000 damage 1 second later?
    What if it was 3 hits over 3 seconds for 4000 damage each?
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this?
    Change it to:

Well, where exactly is the threshold between it overperforming and being "useless"?

Pvp = burst, it'll get a nerf but making everything dots is stupid.

That means they'll basically be useless vs templar is they can purge them.

And most fights don't last 8s either.

Reduce the dmg by 35%? Reduce the proc chance to 10%?

All proc dmg sets have a global cooldown of 4s so they won't proc at the same time.
    PS4 EU DC

• MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this?
    Change it to:

All proc dmg sets have a global cooldown of 4s so they won't proc at the same time.

It wouldn't be a DOT, it would be 3 separate melee attacks or however many.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this?
    Change it to:

It wouldn't be a DOT, it would be 3 separate melee attacks or however many.

It would still be useless.

Sets that have a delay are useless in pvp now.
    PS4 EU DC

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All proccsets are cancerous *** and one can only hope the planned change to them makes them....much less so. Ill be playing some other game while waiting on these ...."amazing changes".....

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭

its not a matter of dying.
    when i die i go "okay where did i mess up? did i bar swao by accident, could i have used better movement, did i animation cancel too fast and cancel an attack?"
    and then i work on getting better.
    but against these proc builds its zero skill.
    what did he do that i can counter? well, he ambushed me feom stealth and animation canceled into an immediate incap (skillful nightblade if he can ani cancel good, ill give him that), but then, he gets a free 6k dmg from selene and 3-4k dmg feom viper because he has armor on... so 10k dmg just because he showed up to the fight? thats garbage
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »

when i die i go "okay where did i mess up? did i bar swao by accident, could i have used better movement, did i animation cancel too fast and cancel an attack?"
    what did he do that i can counter? well, he ambushed me feom stealth and animation canceled into an immediate incap (skillful nightblade if he can ani cancel good, ill give him that), but then, he gets a free 6k dmg from selene and 3-4k dmg feom viper because he has armor on... so 10k dmg just because he showed up to the fight? thats garbage

only 6k selene?

With merciless and incap buff you add 28% onto your selene tooltip. Easy 9k's.
    PS4 EU DC

• Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭

only 6k selene?

ive seen that plenty. but i was bein diplomatic with damage, enough people defending and attacking procs around here.
    mainly the fact that 10-14k free dmg because somone decides to have 2 sets equiped in pvp needs to stop.
    Edited by Barbaran on June 27, 2017 4:45AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

only 6k selene?

ive seen that plenty. but i was bein diplomatic with damage, enough people defending and attacking procs around here.
    mainly the fact that 10-14k free dmg because somone decides to have 2 sets equiped in pvp needs to stop.

thats what we get considering zos gutted stealth crit damage. people liked playing gank builds, skillful or not it was a play-style that people enjoyed. building to gank is now 100% procs which basically is no different then your average nightblade setup to begin with. zos doesn't have a vision for pvp. they do spastic changes and hope we keep are mouths shut while they get money from the crown store. if you look at the patches from console release until now you'll notice a trend of band-aid pvp fixes and no real balance. just a teeter-totter flipping back and forth.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭

only 6k selene?

thats what we get considering zos gutted stealth crit damage. people liked playing gank builds, skillful or not it was a play-style that people enjoyed. building to gank is now 100% procs which basically is no different then your average nightblade setup to begin with. zos doesn't have a vision for pvp. they do spastic changes and hope we keep are mouths shut while they get money from the crown store. if you look at the patches from console release until now you'll notice a trend of band-aid pvp fixes and no real balance. just a teeter-totter flipping back and forth.

with the exception of the 2h ultimate gank build ( literally guarenteed one shot builds), if you were quick to react you had a chance of surviving the gank last patch. now one ambush with 2 procs is 12-20k dmg builds depending, the incap is really now just icing on the cake.
    i converted my stamblade to proc blade, but i enjoy the actual fight. simply getting a kill from procs is not satisfying imo.
    Edited by Barbaran on June 27, 2017 5:06AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

only 6k selene?

with the exception of the 2h ultimate gank build ( literally guarenteed one shot builds), if you were quick to react you had a chance of surviving the gank last patch. now one ambush with 2 procs is 12-20k dmg builds depending, the incap is really now just icing on the cake.
    i converted my stamblade to proc blade, but i enjoy the actual fight. simply getting a kill from procs is not satisfying imo.

Its not a real gank build if there is a chance to react imo. My previous gank build left no chance for players to react unless my combo was uncap-able of killing them due to high resistance, uncrittable shields or mage light when it had stealth damage mitigation. The trade off though being i had 20k health and no resource regeneration to do anything else. Positioning and setup had to be perfect while zerg surfing as a DC at Alessia Bridge :) .

I to have converted by gankblade into a procblade with seleane and viper but put a twist on her. She has 35k health in 5 medium, 3k stamina regen, 1.5k magicka regen, 28k stamina. Buffed incap tooltip looking at 11.5k but im still destroying people because of how unbalanced procs are. The high health makes it so i cant be bursted by procs but im still in 5 medium rolling around with no stamina problems lmao. This patch is hilarious.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 27, 2017 5:49AM
    PS4 NA DC