The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So is this PVP?

Sustain
Sustain
✭✭
Just hit my first level 50 last night (early this morning), today im cp 47 and went to do some PVP. After several hours I have killed Not one person, and died every single time to a single stun, unable to do anything until I am dead (Normally about 3 seconds at most).

Is this the state of PVP? And if not how long before I dont die in a single stun?
I was really enjoying the game but have now lost any motivation as well.... where is the fun or skill in killing someone before they can do anything?
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain wrote: »
    Just hit my first level 50 last night (early this morning), today im cp 47 and went to do some PVP. After several hours I have killed Not one person, and died every single time to a single stun, unable to do anything until I am dead (Normally about 3 seconds at most).

Is this the state of PVP? And if not how long before I dont die in a single stun?
    I was really enjoying the game but have now lost any motivation as well.... where is the fun or skill in killing someone before they can do anything?

Dude, welcome to cyrodiil. We need more meat bags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fc52FlDAm0
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, with the amount of proc,/gank builds you either run a similar build and hunt other players, expect to die if another similar build finds you first

Or

You run a build that can withstand 20k DMG in 2 seconds and recover

I run the tanker build.

So, for me, that means 20k+ health (I prefer 25-30k)
    22-33k resistance
    Spot Heal either class Ability or Resto Staff - I play magicka so I incorporate Healing Ward for the recover.

Once I survive (hopefully) the initial onslaught, I pop detection pot (to prevent their escape and disrupt a reoccurring combo) post up my wards, and try and burst them down - such builds are usually soft.

You'll find: NBs Stam proc or magicka heavy hitters
    DK, tanky Stam proc or magicka heavy whips
    Mag sorc Curse Frag Wrath
    Stam Sorc dots with Red Mountain etc
    Templars either Stam hard hitting or magicka burst tanks (heal bots out there too)
    Mag Temps that are either SS/Maiden type builds

Wardens... I'm usually the only one around, especially as magicka - though I've wrecked every Stam warden with my mag thus far
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can break free of the stun, you do not have to ride it out. Use the same key that you bash with, it will remove the stun(for a stamina cost).
  • Sustain
    Sustain
    ✭✭
    ok good tips so far, also running Magick Warden unbuffed my hp is 16k with buff food, should I not be in light armour then?
    And do I just enchant my gear with Health?

You exp guys remember when you are new and no guild with limited funds and access to stuff, just keep recommendations to that kinda criteria :-)

PC EU if that makes a difference.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it
  • Sustain
    Sustain
    ✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    one often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it

I am destined to smash my keyboard and scream at my monitor as I decide where to rez next and the inevitable 10 minute run on my slow ass horse to die without a shot fired in 3 seconds or less. Fed up is my destiny today :-)

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok good tips so far, also running Magick Warden unbuffed my hp is 16k with buff food, should I not be in light armour then?
    And do I just enchant my gear with Health?

You exp guys remember when you are new and no guild with limited funds and access to stuff, just keep recommendations to that kinda criteria :-)

PC EU if that makes a difference.

I have 25K HP on my magicka warden (with witch brew drink), i consider that bare minimum but other people may have different preferences. I still rely mainly on a shield for survival (dampen magic, slightly over 9K shield).
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is commonly know Cyrodill Tax. You need to pay sufficient amount of Tax in a form of AP. upon meeting your quota you will little by little die less and less....

However there is a work around this. Duel as much as possible. you will see a lot of improvement.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm now that i think about it, at CP47 you should play in a non-CP campaign or you will be eaten alive... the problem is that non-CP environment is currently overrun by proc sets so you will be eaten alive regardless...

Best advice is, stick to a large group of friendlies, take part in some keep sieges (buy trebs/ballistas etc), that's probably the best way to get some fun out of PvP while you're relatively weak.
  • Sustain
    Sustain
    ✭✭
    Keep reading people saying must have 20K+hp etc but how the heck do I achieve that? whats required exactly? is someone new going to be able to afford it or have access to it? Thanks in advance.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P.lay in non cp for a while OP, a lot of us have been playing for years and are at max cp, so you will have no chance at all.

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    P.lay in non cp for a while OP, a lot of us have been playing for years and are at max cp, so you will have no chance at all.

This, unless you are max CP (600+) then best to stay in sotha sil.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep reading people saying must have 20K+hp etc but how the heck do I achieve that? whats required exactly? is someone new going to be able to afford it or have access to it? Thanks in advance.

Well, once you are CP300, you get the maximum stat bonus from CP (+20% all stats). Then i am using tri-stat enchants on all armor pieces (hakeijo rune), i am using kagrenac's hope set which gives HP as one of it's bonuses, wearing one heavy armor piece (2% HP bonus), another 9% HP bonus from argonian racial, then of course simply being in cyrodiil gives you ~5000 HP over what you have in PvE-land. And im sure i forgot something.

I still do not have my undaunted passives, that will give me +6% to all stats.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get out of Vivec, join the actual PvP campaign.
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Are procs used less in vivec? I played there for the first time tonight and it was ridiculous - people took so long to die. You'd get big trains if players hunting down smaller trains of players and crossing half the map just to finish theM. Felt sooo different to no-cp
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you first join Cyro it's like that. Took me.ages to get my first kill. It's very different to PvE but persevere it's fun once you get into it.

Roll with a PvP guild will help or i learnt in Imp City.

Gear needs to be sorted i.e. Plenty of Impen / Crit resist. And you need to manage resources, PvP is all about CC breaking etc.

Keep going it will come. First kill tastes sweet as.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys make me wanna rejoin CP.

And I do feel like I kinda got screwed, ya know? All this hype about no CP and the campaigns are empty, and then BGs...

Well have you seen the BG forums? It might as well be the bug report forum
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys make me wanna rejoin CP.

And I do feel like I kinda got screwed, ya know? All this hype about no CP and the campaigns are empty, and then BGs...

Well have you seen the BG forums? It might as well be the bug report forum

Its a real tear jerker, but thats pretty much status quo on the eso forums. People come here to cry about a game they pay to play, LOL. It never ceases to amaze me, its awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA
    Edited by Malic on June 23, 2017 11:26PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp's a completely different ball game OP.

Your not high enough cp, you dont have max lvl gear, you dont have set items, you dont have pvp experience etc...

Go to a non cp campaign first but honestly i'd get to cp 160 first and get cp 160 gear before i'd even bother with pvp.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At 47 cp you don't have a real build.

Even at 160cp in a all gold perfect build you will get blown up by other players for a long time.

Join a guild zerg, pour oil. It's how all of us started.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is completely different for beginners now than it was a few years ago. Now days we have all sorts of instant damage proc sets and OP builds galore. Steep learning curve.

Simple advice

1) Keep over 20k health
    2) Keep over 2k critical damage resistance (the impenetrable trait on armor). All your armor, save maybe the two large pieces, should be impen.
    3) Don't dodge roll too much or you'll be out of stamina when you're stunned and won't be able to break free fast enough
    4) Try getting a monster set (head and shoulders) that has a chance of causing instant damage ie. Selenes, Velidreth, Skoria. Most players run one "proc set" which had a 10-15% chance to go off when you cause damage
    5) Go to the sewers. You'll run into smaller groups or single players and it's a great place to learn to use line of sight to your advantage
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an epically steep learning curve. You really gotta want it, Im not even being dramatic lol. You either have to be the kind of person who has fun no matter what or the person who will run out again and again, figure out what your're doing wrong and get better. Try some different classes, figure out what feels good to you. Then learn all you can about builds and playstyles via youtube or wherever. Then start building and refining and practicing.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do not care about PVP ... do you see any comments?
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Level 50 isn't "max level". Stay in PvE and get to 160 Cp first, then get some gear and continue from there. Probably noCP is best for you, but once you have 300 CP you should be alright on CP too.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Sustain
    Sustain
    ✭✭
    Well while you guys might be bashing me into the ground without fear on the battle field, the support and community here seems lovely.

Appreciate all the comments and tips, Ill keep bashing away.

One last question, I'm starting to wonder if the Warden is right for me for PVP, (could be getting slammed so hard not the class), should I stick out and get him to 160CP first then try other classes? Or just level another character to 50 and see how it is??

Basically whats most efficent?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is not very good in this game at all.

At best a small group of 10 guys will bait a bunch of lower level, unorganized players into a pinch point and then abuse every exploit they can against them times Infiniti.

Always has been and always will be pvdoor.

At worst you will lag every 3 seconds get kicked and when you reboot the keep you were defending is now owned by another alliance.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on June 24, 2017 7:43AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say get one to CP160. its means you can use 'End games get and work on your setup.

Tactics / Mechanics are what will keep you alive in PvP over class choice etc. But you must know the Nuances..

I.e. light armour users mist use wards to defend. And wards don't Crit. (I.e. They are free Impen) medium users can afford a few bits of heavy (big pieces ) for protection. A 5-1-1 setup is good if you have unlocked the undsunted passives.

Classic setup is 5 armour set, 2 pc monster set, 3 x jewellery (will power for magika, ability for stamina) and random weopons. But weopons MUST be Sharpened pretty much.

Then you need to learn your skills. Personally I say go to Maelstorm Arena , as there it's fast and furious PvE and I learnt how to dodge attacks, wards, rotation sequence and execute. Then take that to PvP.

Try LFG or Inv Pls in zone chat in Cyro. Get grouped with a squad. Follow the crown and do as he says. Learn the trade.
    It's annoying at first but one good fight will have you hooked!!

Oh and do your horse upgrades. You need speed and stamina maxed
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • anathosdm
    anathosdm
    ✭✭✭
    I don t want to be hard with you but....
    You are low CP and a new PvP player. What would you expect ? Every pvp player has started like this. It s pretty normal to die a lot a the start. If you want to train a bit there is a low level campaign ( below 50 ) and a non CP one ( level 50 but no CP bonus ). But you ll find experimented players here too.
  • anathosdm
    anathosdm
    ✭✭✭
    And level one toon to CP 160. It s pretty faqt and you ll be able to use end game gear
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're highly underleveled and undergeared. Play in non CP for now, else max CP players will melt you. Don't worry, you'll catch up to them in time. Focus on getting to CP 160 and getting some basic gear in all impen. That's key to survival. Tell me your class and how you think you like to play, and I'm happy to advise on starter builds.

PvP has a huge and steep learning curve. Don't be discouraged. You've only just begun, and some of us have been around for years. It's extremely rewarding, engaging, and fun once you start getting the hang of it.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on June 24, 2017 9:03AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys