The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help with magplar build small-scale Cp

MalakithAlamahdi
MalakithAlamahdi
✭✭✭✭✭
Been wondering about a nice build for small scale. My old one seems to have a lot of problems against mobile classes and high burst damage. Does anyone know a nice build?

Currently I'm using:
5 soulshrine Ha
2 skoria 1 light 1 medium
3 willpower damage enchants
Magnus S&B/ master- maelstrom healing staff

I'm thinking about going 5 soulshrine, 5 transmution, 2 skoria but I'm not sure if it would be much of an improvement.

What have you other magplars been using now? The class feels very underwhelming to me atm.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your current setup doesn't really have any baked-in regen, you're really depending on resto heavies to get your mana back. Are you really that confident in your ability to pull off a fully charged resto heavy every time you want mana.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your current setup doesn't really have any baked-in regen, you're really depending on resto heavies to get your mana back. Are you really that confident in your ability to pull off a fully charged resto heavy every time you want mana.

This.

Transmutation should really help your Regen too. I like what your new idea is over the non Transmutation build
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let me tag myself along: is there such thing as a 'cookie cutter' CP setup
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars got a lot of build-options.

Rattlecage + Seducer / Lich is an option. Combined with bloodspawn & dual wield/S&B.
    War maiden + Seducer is another option. Combined with either Skoria or BS. Dual wield/S&B
    Wizard Riposte + Seducer is a third option. Combined with Bloodspawn. Resto staff + dual wield. Resto for heavy attacks / healing wards if you wanna run that. DW for damage. Or similar setup.
    Soulshine + lich is a fourth option.
    Wizard Riposte + Transmutation.
    Seducer + Transmutation

Ideally, if you can make rattlecage work, you should try and use that. Since the extra skill slot on your skill bars really matter for a templar. But if you want to be a more supportive group-healer I suggest using Wizard + Transmutation + Bloodspawn.

Edit: And about the class feeling underwhelming - yeah, it is. Sure - you see the occasional PvPer post a video where he does a few nice 1v3 / 1v4 & 1v2. But that's against newbies and people without proper gear.
    Fighting any person with a brain as a templar is pretty much impossible. Sure - you might not die in a 1v1 in a cp-environment, but no way you're gonna kill that guy either.
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on June 24, 2017 5:17PM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't revised my templar build yet; I tested a few options I had in the bank but nothing seemed better. So I'm still running Rattlecage/Transmutation/Skoria. Transmutation is just sooo nice on a templar in small group. Group buff plus good regen set for you and it's cheap to buy.

Of course if your buddies are wearing Impregnable then Wizard's Riposte might be a better group buff.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been wondering about a nice build for small scale. My old one seems to have a lot of problems against mobile classes and high burst damage. Does anyone know a nice build?

Magplars normally struggle against these two specs because they heal re-actively (and thus may not survive burst) and they are slow.

I don't like Soulshine because it doesn't modify your heals and stuff like vampire's bane or your ultimate (unless you use soul strike, which I wouldn't)

Also heavy is tricky to sustain this patch. It can be done, but it's nor nearly as efficient as last patch.

Braidas has a good build that works for this patch.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impregnable/Transmutation+Riposte+bloodspawn+Light's Champion Lololololol build
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 24, 2017 11:13PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This build had no issues before the patch but it's gotten pretty hard now. But templar as a whole feels like it's at it's low point to me. Them taking creasnt sweep away and removing the stun from blazing spear really messed up my old play style on this char.