The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My heavy and light armor skills are not leveling up

QuinnAsher
QuinnAsher
Soul Shriven
I'm wearing 5 pieces of light armor, one piece of medium and one piece of heavy armor, but the medium and heavy armor skills are not leveling up. Any ideas? I've done this on my other characters and it worked just fine.
  • QuinnAsher
    QuinnAsher
    Soul Shriven
    Ok I just leveled up heavy armor but the skill line hasn't unlocked, should I contact customer support?
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to equip at least three pieces of one armor type for the skill line to unlock.
  • QuinnAsher
    QuinnAsher
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks. Didin't know that.
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    They ironically added this unlock requirement recently to "help guide new players"
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They ironically added this unlock requirement recently to "help guide new players"

This is one of most nonsensical changes of the last patch, which is really saying something. Many of us use a combination of all 3 armor types when leveling, and recommend the same to new players. Now those skill lines don't inlock until you've equipped at least 3 pieces of an armor type.

The lines still level before they are unlocked. When I finally figured it out and put more LA on my Stam Warden, the skill line was already at level 9.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche