The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hlaalu master furnisher's document

LadyDestiny
LadyDestiny
✭✭✭✭✭
So price increase from 10 to 25 vouchers for the master now? Just because of morrowind? A new blue document for lesser plans that cost 10. Cheap move Imo.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's how they wanted to balance it I guess.

They must have been unhappy with the price/access to the rarer plans.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am I not surprised.....
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it sucks for us, I would say the fact they were willing to step in and increase the price means they're keeping an eye on the state of the game.

I mean on the flip side yes it costs more, but they also sell for more meaning master crafter's have something else to use for token to gold revenue.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think they could have increased the amount of vouchers you get for the worthless writs while they were at it. The system needs an overhaul for sure.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan, myself: doing five 6-voucher writs to get one random purple doesn't feel rewarding, and the increased break-even cost means that the duplicate plans take much longer to sell. The consumable writs aren't as bad, since you don't have to go to multiple crafting locations, but even then. :/ I think I have fifteen or so equipment writs in my bank I just haven't bothered to do.

That said, I like the research scrolls, we needed more low-voucher rewards.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of late to the party??

It was in the PTS patch notes when PTS debuted ... the middle of April.

Players had over a month to buy at the reduced price (on Live) before Morrowind dropped.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 13, 2017 4:06PM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I mean on the flip side yes it costs more, but they also sell for more meaning master crafter's have something else to use for token to gold revenue.

I've personally not seen this at all... I doubled my prices when I list duplicate purple recipes I get from these because the price in vouchers more than doubled, but they don't sell. So all I'm doing is tying up sales slots with things I used 25 vouchers on and cannot recover 20k of the costs through selling the purple plan. I've stopped buying any more, they're too large a loss for me (when you factor in the gold for all the mats to make items for 25 vouchers as most master writs only pay 5-6 vouchers each, I can't even sell at a loss).
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • louisianalady43
    The costs of the writs are ridiculous; up from 10 to 25 for purple. When you pay 1 or more k per voucher, why do it. Then you get duplicates and then try to sell for what you have invested (DOESN'T WORK).

I have now decided to stop doing writs; it isn't worth the mats or time to maybe get a writ.

The costs of items everywhere are so high; it is ridiculous. Guild stores, luxury merchants, CROWN STORE, just
    everywhere.

Are you guys that money hunger that you are willing to destroy the fun in the game with these excessive costs???????
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »

I've personally not seen this at all... I doubled my prices when I list duplicate purple recipes I get from these because the price in vouchers more than doubled, but they don't sell. So all I'm doing is tying up sales slots with things I used 25 vouchers on and cannot recover 20k of the costs through selling the purple plan. I've stopped buying any more, they're too large a loss for me (when you factor in the gold for all the mats to make items for 25 vouchers as most master writs only pay 5-6 vouchers each, I can't even sell at a loss).

I agree. I don't see the point of buying the purple ones anymore and the blues are not worth it, imho. You can't recover the money being spent.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is odd. For a lot of the purple plans, my mm data only shows 3 or 4 sales, and I'm in five top-tier trading guilds. I would think there are more completionists out there than that; alas, that theory seems to be incorrect.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i tested in PTS, the documents do not drop any new plans. So for me there is absolutely no reason to buy them any more. I guess others do the same. Completionists already collected the old ones and new plans have so low drop rate that there it's not worth to even start with them.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭

Players had over a month to buy at the reduced price (on Live) before Morrowind dropped.
    And we did. ;) I think I opened more than 100 envelopes between the day the change was announced and the May early access. Since then, I've opened 6.

My crafter still knows less than 1/3 of the purple recipes that were available pre-Morrowind, ftr, what with all the Bosmer duplicates. It's a work in progress.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And we did. ;) I think I opened more than 100 envelopes between the day the change was announced and the May early access. Since then, I've opened 6.

My crafter still knows less than 1/3 of the purple recipes that were available pre-Morrowind, ftr, what with all the Bosmer duplicates. It's a work in progress.

Very nice ... someone actually paying attention to the patch notes.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't bother with writs much anymore. I have all the stuff I want from vendor that i need.
    I learned quite a few purple recipes when the Hlaalu docs were 10 vouchers, to the stage where I was getting about 2/3 duplicates when I opened them.
    Now at 25 vouchers, its just not worth it.
    Very few people are willing to pay 25k plus for a purple furniture recipe now since;

a) Most people have completed their houses or run out of room
    b) By now most people have most of the recipes they want to use.

They do not sell for a reasonable cost, considering the cost of getting them now.

I have about 700 writ vouchers worth of master writs uncompleted on my crafter and another 500 vouchers banked, with no desire to use.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The smart thing to do was to buy the envelopes before the patch. But then open them after. So on May 21, I spent all of my vouchers and bought 84 envelopes. And then the next morning, I opened all of them. So I got the old pre-patch price, with the new post-patch rebalanced drop rates.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten vouchers was the sweet spot. Twenty-five has butchered it.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

The smart thing to do was to buy the envelopes before the patch. But then open them after. So on May 21, I spent all of my vouchers and bought 84 envelopes. And then the next morning, I opened all of them. So I got the old pre-patch price, with the new post-patch rebalanced drop rates.

Man...I can't believe I didn't think of that. I waited until MW so that I'd get the better drop rate, but I didn't think of buying the day before and waiting to open until after. Man, I had a little over 800 vouchers saved, so I could've opened 80+. Well...rats. At least I got a good number of Redguard and other plans I didn't have post MW, even though I only had about 32 to open

And, I got less duplicates, too, which is good since I've not been able to sell many of the duplicate purples I had gotten, unless they were Redguard - those sold at higher than 25K, but I have plans for 10-15K up right now that are just sitting there. Plus, I saw a few purples this weekend for sub 5k. ZOS should have made this change earlier, since so many people have the plans they want and the only ones still really selling are Redguard, since that was the hardest to come across before.

EDIT: I'm on XB.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 19, 2017 7:38PM
  • ASkullParty
    ASkullParty
    ✭✭
    I've stopped doing the writ dailies because of this. Just not worth it anymore.
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Which is odd. For a lot of the purple plans, my mm data only shows 3 or 4 sales, and I'm in five top-tier trading guilds. I would think there are more completionists out there than that; alas, that theory seems to be incorrect.

Completionist here. The reason they do not sell is because most of us would rather play the lottery ourselves than shell out ridiculous sums for those patterns. Price hike of 15 vouchers was a move that was made by people with no insight into the market. They probably did not care about the market; they simply wanted to make it harder to 'complete' the homestead content, threadbare as it is.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it sucks for us, I would say the fact they were willing to step in and increase the price means they're keeping an eye on the state of the game.

I used to play the Hlaalu gamble and still am working through my inventory of recipes from before the price increase. The plans have not increased in price on the market, neither have the finished goods.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody else noticed the price hike in the patch notes? Gotta pay attention. I stocked up on literally 400 purple Hlallu documents before the patch...thus far have made $2.5 million selling...I don't know...75?
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, the old item had a different code than the new one. I doubt that you got the new re-balanced drop rate. That is, if they actually did re-balance the drop rate like they said they were going to. I for one am not buying a lot of envelopes to find out.

As for the price increase. That is nothing, My data indicates that master writs themselves received a monster nerf in drop rate post morrowind patch. So far it looks like around a reduction to 1/4th of previous rate though that could be off by a good bit as the time has been short thus-far and so the data thin. If that ends up the case than 2.5x the cost times 4x more difficult to get the master writs = 10x more effort involved. That would be the typical ZOS 10x nerf for you all. At least the actual cost in mats to do master writs has not increased.

Not sure I care about any of it. I unsubbed and canceled my preorder when they gave me left button PVE combat. Now my house is over cap anyway so I couldn't put anything it it if I wanted too.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Um, the old item had a different code than the new one.
    That is 100% incorrect. It's the same item code, and it's very easy to verify. Which I did on the PTS before embarking on my scheme.

It is true that ZOS often changes the item codes of containers between patches to discourage people from saving items pre-patch to open post-patch. But if you know what to look for, it's simple to see when they do this and when they don't.

I doubt that you got the new re-balanced drop rate. That is, if they actually did re-balance the drop rate like they said they were going to. I for one am not buying a lot of envelopes to find out.
    I did not buy many envelopes pre-PTS, so I don't know how unbalanced the drop rates were. But the 84 envelopes that I opened the morning Morrowind dropped seemed to give a pretty wide and even variety of drops.
    Edited by code65536 on June 23, 2017 6:47AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, the old item had a different code than the new one.
    That is 100% incorrect. It's the same item code, and it's very easy to verify. Which I did on the PTS before embarking on my scheme.

It is true that ZOS often changes the item codes of containers between patches to discourage people from saving items pre-patch to open post-patch. But if you know what to look for, it's simple to see when they do this and when they don't.

I doubt that you got the new re-balanced drop rate. That is, if they actually did re-balance the drop rate like they said they were going to. I for one am not buying a lot of envelopes to find out.
    I did not buy many envelopes pre-PTS, so I don't know how unbalanced the drop rates were. But the 84 envelopes that I opened the morning Morrowind dropped seemed to give a pretty wide and even variety of drops.

Wow, I made a big mistake then. I was quite sure. I could have had 100 new envelopes for the cost of the old. That was a few mill worth of error.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.