The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil NPC's are Out of Control!

dodgehopper_ESO
dodgehopper_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am fairly certain something is wrong with the way the NPC's at resources and keeps operate now. Guards are now also menders, dragon knights, toss negates, etc. They now also don't just heal themselves but 'reset to full health' on a regular basis. I recognize they wanted to make NPC's stronger but this kills a bit of the strategy and such. In my view if they want more challenging npc's they should go back to the drawing board.
US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
<And plenty more>
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am fairly certain something is wrong with the way the NPC's at resources and keeps operate now. Guards are now also menders, dragon knights, toss negates, etc. They now also don't just heal themselves but 'reset to full health' on a regular basis. I recognize they wanted to make NPC's stronger but this kills a bit of the strategy and such. In my view if they want more challenging npc's they should go back to the drawing board.

Yeap, pretty hard
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is another bug they decided after the fact was a "feature". It is as the OP stated, objectively wrong and bad, and it's a bug. ZOS should indeed fix it, instead of acting like they totally meant to do that.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are brutal on No CP campaigns if you happen to be a magicka user.

Eclipsed - <use ritual to clear Eclipse> - Eclipsed again - <ritual again> - Negate and Eclipse with deep slash - <slowly trudge out of the nonsense and use ritual again and maybe a healing pot first> - repeat ad nauseum.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is definitely NOT right. I'm running into guards that have every ability in the game it seams including heals. A "worker" just spammed negate on me. LoL, ya something is definitely bugged in Cyrodiil.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    I'm looking into this but on the workers in Cyrodiil I'm seeing no changes in their ability lists for the past 6 months. Can you give us some more information such as the resource defense level and production level?
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, saw a mage guard do healing animation and bounce to full hp yesterday
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My group (three people) doesn't PVP often, and we observed all of these behaviors in just one round of resource-taking last night. NPC's magically healing to full health mid-battle, having access to what seems like every ability in the game....Taking an NPC-guarded resource quickly went from a fun challenge for a small group to "screw this, let's go do something else. Repairing random keep walls is more fun and productive than this bullmessery." Whatever's going on, I hope it's changed soon. Not everyone wants to PVP in massive groups, and we're in a Non-CP campaign, so small groups are usually all you get (fine by me, but not when the NPC's are all basically Divines).
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on June 8, 2017 8:44PM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also damage mitigation on mage guards seems abnormally high...
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking into this but on the workers in Cyrodiil I'm seeing no changes in their ability lists for the past 6 months. Can you give us some more information such as the resource defense level and production level?

I will try to catch a screenie or video in the next couple days. The workers and guards do indeed seem to all have negate, DK skills and the eclipse ball. I didn't think to correlate it to keep upgrade level, but I will try to remember to check.

Edited by apostate9 on June 8, 2017 8:45PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This was an issue I mentioned on the PTS during the Midyear Mayhem testing, but it seems it was not fixed.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on June 8, 2017 8:44PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh boy, I assumed y'all were already aware of this...

There may be a pattern related to resource upgrade level or possibly location--I haven't tracked to see if there's a pattern. It seems to be pretty random.

It appears (and I may be wrong on this), that occasionally ALL NPCs recieve honor guard or mender abilities, possibly also all mage guards, too. They do not appear to change HP levels to match, nor does it effect their locations (flag guards stay on flags). So, for instance, a worker still dies to 1-2 abilities, but can do the honor guard spiked armor/dragonsblood ability.

It can be pretty funny if you get all menders, as there are healing beams everywhere after they pick up some damage. All DKs is a real pain to solo on some builds.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

One quick run in Cyrodiil should reveal what we're talking about. All npc's seem to have access to all NPC powers from the pvp world. Instead of healing they seem to 'reset in place'. Whether this just means they heal to full 10 times in a row or not is not clear to me, but doesn't seem to be working as intended.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Did a drive by of Aleswell farm level 5 just now and got the workers firing negate, fire balls, etc. It's not intended. Digging into this more.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a drive by of Aleswell farm level 5 just now and got the workers firing negate, fire balls, etc. It's not intended. Digging into this more.

Thanks!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you take a look at them chain pulling you through walls and floors.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please leave them as is. All the NPC's needed a buff. This is more fun!

Buff the keep NPC's as well.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How.... This just shows how out-of-touch the developers are with PvP. This was caught on the brief week Cyrodiil was available on PTS, and caught on 1st day of early access within mere seconds of entering PvP.

Lord_Hev wrote: »
    lvl 0 - 1: Normal NPCs

lvl 2: Normal, but flag guards are bugged and do not attack(They have the melee NPC skill-set, so the Ranged NPCs stay at ranged distance but cannot attack because they cannot melee. And flag guards are stationary)

lvl 3: All NPCs use Tower Mage skillset

lvl 4: All NPCs use Mender skillset

lvl 5: All NPCs use Honor Guard skillset
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

6 months? Well gee-wiz, did you take into consideration with the eclipse change that the NPCs using 6 month old abilities might have an unbreakable eclipse that can be PERMANENTLY stacked on a player?

And lol at 6 months. NPCs have not been updated in 2 years since 1.6 came out.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How.... This just shows how out-of-touch the developers are with PvP. This was caught on the brief week Cyrodiil was available on PTS, and caught on 1st day of early access within mere seconds of entering PvP.

agree.gif
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Woohoo!
    <And plenty more>
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Between this and the mysterious changes to Earthtear Cavern, it's like there's a rogue dev trolling us!
    PC-NA
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

6 months? Well gee-wiz, did you take into consideration with the eclipse change that the NPCs using 6 month old abilities might have an unbreakable eclipse that can be PERMANENTLY stacked on a player?

And lol at 6 months. NPCs have not been updated in 2 years since 1.6 came out.

Might be time to break out the old mercenaries. One can only imagine how bugged/broken they are now.
    Marek
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Wow. Between this and the mysterious changes to Earthtear Cavern, it's like there's a rogue dev trolling us!

maybe it's all the Devs are rogue.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This explains a lot about the state of PvP. You have not logged into a live server for some time.

• ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    I log in almost every day Ackwalan.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With all respect. Then how did you not know about this? As others have said, it was noticed the first hour of going live.

• Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭

In how faction? (we need more ppls on AD side) :D
    Edited by Juli'St on June 9, 2017 3:57AM
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that ZOS haven't thought of giving NPC's in cyrodiil battle spirit just like the players, gives you more of a challenge but at least it works as a temporary work-around for the healing issue with NPCs healing themselves to full spontaneously.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭

self: think then post. or don't post
    Edited by Goshua on June 9, 2017 5:58AM