The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

resolved

• pky1029
    pky1029
    ✭✭
    Theres no way im going to start this game fresh 630cp gonna take a long grind not to mention all the best in slot and vMA weapons , i would rather quit. If you're not going to sell morrowind in asia, at least give us an option to transfer our progress to a U.S. account. Also i suspect we will be locked out on all future 'new chapter' thats not available in the crown store. Not sure if i should continue playing this game at this point.
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    aishsha wrote: »
    Fexelea wrote: »
    Yes that is possible, however if you had the copy from the Asia store you were screwed. It feels like developers forget about Asia distribution, which is probably what has happened to morrowind.

Well, I can confirm that, for example, LA Noir, Uncharted and Neptunia games' dlc bought at US store worked for asian games for me (English version), but yeah, Morrowind is but the first one for me which is account-locked.

Buying cross-region DLC for Last of US doesn't work, neither does Dark Souls, Dragon Age Inquisition, Bloodborne and many others. Actually if you have a save file from Bloodborne Asia it will not work with Bloodborne NA, even for the base game.

Regions are bizarre like that :disappointed:

Anyway, I would like to get an official response as to whether we will get the new chapter for purchase in Asia or not. If not, I will probably take a long term break from the game and come back when this is available for crowns. I'm not restarting my beloved 3 year old character.
    Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that is possible, however if you had the copy from the Asia store you were screwed. It feels like developers forget about Asia distribution, which is probably what has happened to morrowind.

The only thing here tho....Sony is the distributor so I really believe it's Sony whose messing up cause notice how Xbox doesn't have this issue.

Why would the developers get one platform for all regions and not another.

The frequency does suggestits a problem with the distributor who is Sony and not a problem with the developer or publisher
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • SingaSaint
    SingaSaint
    Soul Shriven
    To be honest the silence is total BS and some of the worst customer experience I've ever encountered.

I will not spend a single additional cent on Bethesda products.
  • kieranmon
    kieranmon
    Gorilla wrote: »
    kieranmon wrote: »
    Just checking in to see if there are any updates to the situation. Nothing yet, although it would be nice to see a timeline.

Next dlc will b released behind morrowind. I want to know if we will get access before then.

No update yet. To recap the efforts:
    1. I called Bethesda...answering machine
    2. @iGuavaTH called Sony...they said nothing had come in from ZoS
    3. No one has reached ZoS and the devs promised a response but nothing
    We'll continue onward...it's rare to see consumers working so hard to get a company to sell them something, lol.

Note: @ZOS_GinaBruno was the dev

Yes I appreciate all the efforts because we're all in the same boat. This is the email I got back from PS Hong Kong office on June 13:

Dear PlayStation(R) customer Mr.Kieran,
    Thank you for your support.
    If customer can't read this letter with correct code, please change your view code to BIG5 or Unicode(UTF-8)

Thanks for your patient. Regarding your enquiry of the game's DLC. Please notice that the release of the game mainly decided by game publisher. However, Release delay might be exist between region and region (Please refer to the game "INSIDE").

Your understanding will be highly appreciated.
    We hope the provided information is helpful and has answered your enquiry.

Thank you for your valuable comment. In order to improve our service, you'll be invited to join our online service quality survey.
    Join Online Service Quality Survey

If you have any questions, please contact our customer service hotline.

Best Regards.
    PlayStation(R) Customer Service Center

Customer Service Hotline and Email your questions:
    Hong Kong:
    2341-2356

That didn't really provide anything useful. The way they described this on the phone was that it was up to the developer and that's it.

Asia also faced problems from Bethesda with fallout 4 patches getting delayed for months.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fallout-4-Supporting-Updates-Asia-105387.html
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    Every single time this has happened, the local Sony office blames the developer (including Sony us publishing)

I honestly think developers submit to North America and EMEA regions, thinking that covers Asia, without realising they have to specifically submit to Japan to get to south east Asia, as the emea region stops in India and goes down to Oceania to catch Australia and New Zealand.

Japanese titles make it to the Hong Kong store in a timely manner, whereas they experience delays or no shows internationally. I think it's a mismanaged and forgotten region and if bethesda and zenimax did not think to submit for south east Asia approval they are now facing the extremely long certification process.

Again all of this could be fixed by allowing us to buy it in game or providing us a voucher that can be redeemed in game and adds a special VIP status
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading the link........
    So it is Sonys fault then.

Honestly if your process is such that the publisher/developer has to submit the same release multiple times to the same company because their teams don't accept one submission....

That's some mess Sony needs to sort out.
    Sorry but this is Sony crap.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 22, 2017 12:59PM
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    Blaming Sony for having processes does not change the fact bethesda should know thee processes that have been around since 2007.

Whatever way you want to spin blame the result is a group of screwed dedicated players, and only Bethesda /zenimax can fix it.

• Lorkhai
    Lorkhai
    ✭✭
    Rather pitiful that the community has to resort to independently piecing bits of information to speculate on the cause of this entire debacle. Last few posts seem to possibly indicate on the probable causes but as yet it is unconfirmed from any official source after more than two weeks after release.

Seems Sony has given an unsatisfactory partial non-answer answer so how about ZOS and Bethesda now letting us know whether we should still support the game or go elsewhere?

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blaming Sony for having processes does not change the fact bethesda should know thee processes that have been around since 2007.

Whatever way you want to spin blame the result is a group of screwed dedicated players, and only Bethesda /zenimax can fix it.

It's not a spin.
    There's a very small customer base impacted due to....
    Sonys process

Not due to ZeniMax Online or Bethesda doing something wrong. Consider Steam, Mac/PC and Xbox One as well as the rest of the PS4 regions all working. Saying Bethesda should know by now.....isn't accurate when the past proved Bethesda isn't the hold up per the link and the other article outside of this website.

Also considering the PC to console PS4 issue where.....Sony gave ZeniMax codes that wouldn't work.

How can you argue it's Bethesda's fault?
    Sony had the submissions at least for their other regions active, should not they, Sony make sure their customer base is taken care of especially if it's what we assume?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/30/week-playstation-7/

Here's an example of it being Sony...
    "1. Apologies for the lack of communication last week – the entire team was on the road and away from their computers. Normal service resumes this week!
    2. At present, SCEA and SCEE offer a different (for the most part) selection of titles in PS Plus. Batman Arkham City was in Plus here late last year.
    3. Sorry to hear you had problems! Customer service will be able to help out if you have further issues with ISS."

https://mobile.twitter.com/tesonline/status/602829786063462400

"Elder Scrolls Online @TESOnline

Replying to @doncayenne
    @doncayenne The #ESOTU static theme offer is not available in the SCEE regions.
    9:33 AM ".

"Elder Scrolls Online @TESOnline
    ·
    May 25, 2015

@doncayenne Apologies, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. The #ESOTU theme is only available for SCEA regions (the Americas)."
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 22, 2017 2:43PM
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. Except that I won't start over, won't buy dlcs over again and most likely leave taking my friends with me :)
  • iGuavaTH
    iGuavaTH
    ✭✭✭
    aishsha wrote: »
    Agree. Except that I won't start over, won't buy dlcs over again and most likely leave taking my friends with me :)

Same for me.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check this out too....and sorry but it's definately a Sony issue

https://www.google.com/amp/www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/01/25/friday-the-13th-the-game-release-date-still-not-known-due-to-console-certification/amp/

"The only reason you haven’t seen a release date is because we have to pass console certification. Let me explain what that means. Once we have a candidate (feature and content complete) we have to send a build to Sony and Microsoft. Their internal teams test the game against a very intense checklist to make sure we pass. We have some details on how this process is “graded” but we don’t have everything they check against. Additionally, each territory has different guidelines. Let’s just look at Sony. There’s SCEA, SCEE, SCEJ and Sony Asia. Each of these territories has a different rule book and we don’t have access to all of these. So, to a certain degree, we go at this a little blind. What passes in North America, may not pass in Japan for example.

There are several “levels” to passing certification. The first level is pretty basic; Does it boot and can you start a game? While other levels are far, far more intricate. For example; MS still requires that we support Kinect, yet they no longer sell/bundle this device for XB1. "
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    Again none of this changes that bethesda should have known about it, and simply ratifies that they most likely forgot about us.

Sony has strange corporate policies, but that can be said of many companies and if you're working with them you have to agree and work with that, Bethesda has not.

In the end, the ones that deemed it not all too important or forgot to put forward for Asia certification are bethesda, and they are the only ones who can fix it. We have not heard from them from June 8th.

Blame Sony until the cows come home, it's still only zenimax and Bethesda who can fix it

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again none of this changes that bethesda should have known about it, and simply ratifies that they most likely forgot about us.

Sony has strange corporate policies, but that can be said of many companies and if you're working with them you have to agree and work with that, Bethesda has not.

In the end, the ones that deemed it not all too important or forgot to put forward for Asia certification are bethesda, and they are the only ones who can fix it. We have not heard from them from June 8th.

Blame Sony until the cows come home, it's still only zenimax and Bethesda who can fix it

63312041.jpg
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭

Seriously, it's out in SE Asia for XBONE - it's not the policy at work here - they're about the same for both consoles.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

I don't really care who is at fault for what process, etc. What irks me is the lack of customer service by ZOS. Even if Sony is a byzantine maze of approvals, ZOS should let us know if the intent is to distribute to these countries or not.

This screw up is simply bad PR/marketing. It's really not debatable.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    I don't really care who is at fault for what process, etc. What irks me is the lack of customer service by ZOS. Even if Sony is a byzantine maze of approvals, ZOS should let us know if the intent is to distribute to these countries or not.

This screw up is simply bad PR/marketing. It's really not debatable.

Exactly.
  • blacksky1980
    blacksky1980
    Soul Shriven
    When can we play Morrowind in Asia PS4?
    Do ZOS negotiate with SONY to find out the problem?
    the problem should not be whose fault.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Bump for ZOS response

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • blacksky1980
    blacksky1980
    Soul Shriven
    please release Morrowind to PS4 in Asia quickly.
    Hurry up, please.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6GJWk.gif
    3 weeks and still no official answer.
    Edited by UrbanMonk on June 25, 2017 9:15AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    6GJWk.gif
    3 weeks and still no official answer.

LMAO, but yeah, bump :)
  • blacksky1980
    blacksky1980
    Soul Shriven
    Don't delay over one month. please
  • pky1029
    pky1029
    ✭✭
    Don't delay over one month. please

We 'll be in luck if it just a delay, at this point i dont think it'll ever be available lol given that they choose to completely ignore us.
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to quit ESO :(

Please some news?

• iGuavaTH
    iGuavaTH
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to quit ESO :(

I don't want to quit either. I love this game. But I am now mentally preparing to quit.

I want to play the whole game. I want to experience everything. If I can't do that I rather don't play at all.

@ZOS_GinaBruno pls let me stay in Tamriel.
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    I added the new upcoming "Midyear Mayhem" festival to the wiki... You need Morrowind to complete all the achievements.

Meaning, if you don't have Morrowind you're already locked out of even world events :(

This would not bother me if I could chose to buy or not... *sobs*

• iGuavaTH
    iGuavaTH
    ✭✭✭
    I added the new upcoming "Midyear Mayhem" festival to the wiki... You need Morrowind to complete all the achievements.

Meaning, if you don't have Morrowind you're already locked out of even world events :(

This would not bother me if I could chose to buy or not... *sobs*

As an achievement-*** it hurts, really bad.