The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should sets come ALL of them in light, medium and heavy armor type, regardless if crafted or not?

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Do you think overland, dungeons, trials, pvp, etc. sets could come all in light, medium and heavy?

Currently, when crafting, you can freely select the type of armor you want, regardless the attributes the set has, however, when talking about non-crafted sets, it's different.

So, what do you think? Would you like to have all sets, crafted or not, in the three types of armor? Again, light, medium and heavy?

Thank you in advance for your opinions and thoughts.
SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be terrible for the loot table and the clogged up inventory space, but I would love to be able to chose, perhaps before equipping it the first time binding it to account?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not with the current system.

Actually, with the current loot system, I'd go one further and say they should also have fixed traits. So a given set will always drop in one trait, and you're not farming endlessly hoping for a perfect traited piece.

"Hey, look, you got Knight-Errant Pauldrons," not, "hey, look, got Knight-Errant Pauldrons, let me check... oh, they're in training. Blech."
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly yes I would rather ZOS dilute the loot table with off-type armor pieces than with absolutely useless traits like prosperous/training. Off-type pieces could still be useful thanks to armor and Undaunted passives and might open the door to more build variety.