The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

2h vs dual wield for Stamblade in PvP?

energyy151
So I hear often that 2h is better, but as Im a newb someone mind explaining to me why plz? Is it mostly just becouse of rally or is there something else to it?
Also if using dual wield whats more usefull, surprise attack or bloodthirst?
If using 2h, ambush or stampede/critical charge?

Asking mostly for cyrodil PvP
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can actually use both, 2H for gap closer and dw for a bit of burst or using the heal morphs for sustain.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual wield bleeddmg (from twinblade and blunt passive) is using 1 axe (2 axes has change to overlap eachother creating a risk of not doing any bleeddmg at all so use 1 axe) is really strong since it can crit and ignore Shields :)
  • energyy151
    Vapirko wrote: »
    You can actually use both, 2H for gap closer and dw for a bit of burst or using the heal morphs for sustain.

But how does the 2h gap closer compare to nightblades ambush? Also for dualwield, how does rapid strikes/blood rush compare to surprise attack? Kinda prefer using class abilities more cuz I like the animations :P
    EDIT: also I use bow for offhand so no both for meh
    Edited by energyy151 on May 31, 2017 8:46AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    energyy151 wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »

But how does the 2h gap closer compare to nightblades ambush? Also for dualwield, how does rapid strikes/blood rush compare to surprise attack? Kinda prefer using class abilities more cuz I like the animations :P
    EDIT: also I use bow for offhand so no both for meh

Totally depends on your play style. I've seen good NBs do all kinds of stuff including playing 2H and SB. Look at the tool tips to the different abilities and figure it out. Try and some stuff and see what works. Dw has the advantage of running two 5pc sets all the time. So youll prob want to run dw and 2H or dw and bow.
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    I use DW and bow, works for me and as said above means you get an extra slot on the front bar effectively.
    I have tried to play 2H, I just can't get used to it in the same way, each to their own.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Dual wield bleeddmg (from twinblade and blunt passive) is using 1 axe (2 axes has change to overlap eachother creating a risk of not doing any bleeddmg at all so use 1 axe) is really strong since it can crit and ignore Shields :)

You serious o.O
    PS4 NA DC
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Kas on May 31, 2017 9:46AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • squidprojectb14_ESO
    In my experience 2H is more for classes that don't have their own gap closer and/or execute, like stam sorc etc. For stamblade it's generally better to go DW and use ambush.
    --Ral (SquidProject)

Pls. no Swareing GM (RIP--there was too much swareing)

AD: Ralastor, Magblade; Squid Pro Quo; Stamsorc
    EP: High Blood Sugar; Stamsorc
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With dual wield, you do lose the burst heal from rally though. You have no out of combat burst heal without 2h. You can work around it, but it's a big loss.
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because the Stamblade has a pretty complete set of stam morphs, there's not much you specifically need to pick up from the weapon skills. The main thing you need is a heal, and Vigor covers that. You can go either way.

2h offers the burst heal from Rally, and a better execute.
    Dual Wield offers better aoe, more weapon damage, and an extra set item slot.

2h is better for pvp(because of Rally), but not drastically. If you just want to use what's best, go 2h. Use dual wield if you want to though, it isn't that far behind.

• Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    A big reason to go DW, with either 2H or bow on your back bar, is Blade Cloak. This ability just got a buff and will save you from Eye of the Storm, Subterranean Assault, etc. etc.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rally... <3
    The Flyers
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd be best to go with 2h / any other line. You need rally does so much for a night blade bc you get your major brutality and a great heal when paired with stealth. Stealth and rally for a guaranteed crit heal.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a stamblade in pvp. My back bar doesn't have many weapon skills ever, so it doesn't really matter which I use. I use 2h a lot for the laziness of rally. But a bow back bar works too (then dw up front).

I'm hopeful that some of the new NB health return abilities might make us less reliant on rally. I'm skeptical. But optimistic. If I can get some health from other abilities, dw is way preferable to 2h.

Surprise attack trumps most anything else in pvp. You can spam it...it's so hard to dodge it from an expert NB, it's like being paper cut to death.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

You serious o.O

You´ve to be a Little more precise on what part I´m being serious about ;)

Edit: My bad regarding that it ignores Shields: It doesn´t. Quote I read some time ago:

That axebleed ignores resis, can crit and goes through block/rolldodge

Here´s the thread that takes up the subject: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4130093#Comment_4130093
    (How a nerfthread turned out to be a fix/buff axe thread xD) Read it, it´s really interesting actually how axes bleedpart works.
    Edited by Qbiken on June 2, 2017 8:40AM