Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deciding whether to make a mag or stam warden ( ps4)

devilsTear
devilsTear
✭✭✭
So I'm getting morrowind anyway so I might as well make a warden but I don't know which way to go.. I usually only play dragonknights both stam and mag, other classes I get bored with to easily xD
Would I like a warden if I like the dk playstyle?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how you plan on building the Warden. They excel more at Tanking/Healing then DPS. Though, I've seen some folks here say StamWarden is good for PvP.

Me personally, I will probably make Mag 'Defiler' Tank Warden and a Mag Warden Healer sometime in the future.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 30, 2017 9:46PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't get bored with DKs but domwith other classes? Weird. For most people it's reversed. But that's the great thing about ESO, the variety. For me, I can't stand magsorcs. Soooooooo boring. But other love em.

Anyway, one good place to start is by reviewing Alcasthq.com and his already completed five warden builds. These are probably pretty indicative of what sort of bars and fighting you'll do as a warden either way. The skill set looks pretty well balanced between stam and magic builds...they definitely made more of an effort to give both a decent array of class skills. Stam toons get a couple of cool class attacks, will still rely mostly on weapons skills, but have some decent magic dump abilities that give flat buffs (major savagery) instead of magic-scaled stats. Magic toons get a lot of nifty attacks and buffs...sticking with magic characters relying mostly on class skills.

I personally have always tried the stam variation of a class first. I really like a lot of the weapon skills, and am totally comfortable with them. I know I can build a successful bar with mostly weapons skills. I don't care for most of the destro/resto skills myself...so I've always gone stam first, learned the class skills really well, then rolled a magic version. Well...I guess my magsorc came before my stamsorc, but he was initially a failed hybrid attempt.

• Trittium
    Trittium
    I've been playing MagWard, and it's fun, but if you don't get your combo right the first time, you're effed.

StamWard is amazing in PvP for sure.
    Trittium | Stam NB
    Koronos Erion | Magicka NB
    Phovos Erion | Magicka Warden
    Trittium Erion | Stam Warden
    Koronos Fireborne | Magicka DK
    Sigron Terion | Stam DK
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    You don't get bored with DKs but domwith other classes? Weird. For most people it's reversed. But that's the great thing about ESO, the variety. For me, I can't stand magsorcs. Soooooooo boring. But other love em.

Anyway, one good place to start is by reviewing Alcasthq.com and his already completed five warden builds. These are probably pretty indicative of what sort of bars and fighting you'll do as a warden either way. The skill set looks pretty well balanced between stam and magic builds...they definitely made more of an effort to give both a decent array of class skills. Stam toons get a couple of cool class attacks, will still rely mostly on weapons skills, but have some decent magic dump abilities that give flat buffs (major savagery) instead of magic-scaled stats. Magic toons get a lot of nifty attacks and buffs...sticking with magic characters relying mostly on class skills.

I personally have always tried the stam variation of a class first. I really like a lot of the weapon skills, and am totally comfortable with them. I know I can build a successful bar with mostly weapons skills. I don't care for most of the destro/resto skills myself...so I've always gone stam first, learned the class skills really well, then rolled a magic version. Well...I guess my magsorc came before my stamsorc, but he was initially a failed hybrid attempt.

What can I say I just love dragonknights haha, I have 4 of them and I'm tempted to make a new pve magDK :blush: I have played all other classes both mag and stam and I hardly play them, they just don't do it for me.
    I even deleted 2 templars and 2 magsorcs all fully leveled in the past and I'm also pondering of deleting my stamsorc but I'm hesitant because his horse training is almost finished.
    I like the tanky playstyle that goes so well with dragonknights and I love mag and stam evenly :smile:
    I think I'll make a stamwarden first because I don't want to go lorebook hunting again for the 20th time :sweat:
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    davey1107 wrote: »

What can I say I just love dragonknights haha, I have 4 of them and I'm tempted to make a new pve magDK :blush: I have played all other classes both mag and stam and I hardly play them, they just don't do it for me.
    I even deleted 2 templars and 2 magsorcs all fully leveled in the past and I'm also pondering of deleting my stamsorc but I'm hesitant because his horse training is almost finished.
    I like the tanky playstyle that goes so well with dragonknights and I love mag and stam evenly :smile:
    I think I'll make a stamwarden first because I don't want to go lorebook hunting again for the 20th time :sweat:

Yeah I feel you I'm currently Lorebook hunting for the 8th time. For my MagWarden, it is tedious at best for sure. My Mage Guild is at level 8 now on my MagWarden. So I do somewhat see the light at the end of the tunnel now. :smile:
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagWarden offers a huge amount of group utility for PvP. Honestly, organized group PvP can gravitate towards rolling shalk and proxy rather than running just proxy with vicious death magNBs. I suppose that will boil down to an issue of ult gen for Eye of the Storm, really.

Stamwarden offers much of the same, but has some more manageable gap closer based burst combos where you can roll shalk, gap close, dawnbreaker, and reverse slice all together.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma