The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Amount of characters on account and items in their inventory+bank related to login issues?

wimhwimladimf
wimhwimladimf
✭✭✭
Hello,

I've noticed that the more characters i've made and fill their invetory + bank space, increased my login problems from 1 per 50 to 1 per 5 tries. Does anyone else noticed the same? For the record, when i had only 1 character on the account i had nearly 0 login problems, except occasional "infinite loading screen". Now with 8 characters that have nearly full inventory each + bank space used it's a disaster.
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have issues logging in on a very full account, but it wouldn't surprise me that some people have issues of that sort. Once upon a time, Character data with lots of quest completion data increased zone-transfer times by minutes. And when the CP system was younger and IC was newly released, players with very high CP totals had issues with loadscreens as well. The transfer would get stuck on their very large number of passive effects, in some cases necessitating the player to either despec their CP or turn off passives in some way in order to pass a ladder. Taking armor off in order to deactivate gear passives was one method to mitigate the issues.

So, where does this problem occur? Initial account login? Zone entry after the character select screen? Area transfers after already logging in?
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    Erasure wrote: »
    I don't have issues logging in on a very full account, but it wouldn't surprise me that some people have issues of that sort. Once upon a time, Character data with lots of quest completion data increased zone-transfer times by minutes. And when the CP system was younger and IC was newly released, players with very high CP totals had issues with loadscreens as well. The transfer would get stuck on their very large number of passive effects, in some cases necessitating the player to either despec their CP or turn off passives in some way in order to pass a ladder. Taking armor off in order to deactivate gear passives was one method to mitigate the issues.

So, where does this problem occur? Initial account login? Zone entry after the character select screen? Area transfers after already logging in?

I've noticed that it happens mostly during login to the account, it often return with an error or just get stuck while requesting the character data. Then if it somehow passes the first login you still have to log with the character which often leads to getting stuck in infinite loading screen or an error which bring me back to main login menu.

I didnt had such issues in the past so i came to conclusion that it could be related to amount of characters and items they hold.