The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Cosmetic] Costumes with Tiny Boots (including Austere Warden costume) on male Orc characters

Eiagra
Eiagra
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've reported this using /bug but I also wanted to provide a screenshot example of this issue.

To be honest, this issue has been bothering me since the Crown Store started rolling out costumes, and it has prevented me from wanting to purchase a number of costumes that I otherwise quite liked on my character -- including the Hero costumes.

The core issue is that Orcish male characters with large feet (maximum sliders on Height and Foot Size, though experimentation has found the sliders have no actual impact on this issue) end up with teeny tiny boots comparative to other footwear, or even their bare feet. Usually this impacts width, but sometimes also length.

This affects Austere Warden (severely), Majestic "Dune Rider" Ensemble (slightly), and "Vested Interest" Banquet Garb (slightly) from current offerings. I also remember specifically not purchasing the Covenant Hero costume because of this issue, and I recall this also being a problem with some of the pirate-themed costumes that are no longer in the Crown Store (also costumes I considered purchasing, but declined because of this issue).

Since the Warden Costume was one of the incentives for the pre-order, I now feel as though the pre-order was devalued because I cannot enjoy this particular costume -- I'm particular when it comes to poor physical proportions.

I do realize this is a cosmetic issue, and is thus low-priority, but I'm hoping that it will be a fairly simple fix in terms of adjusting a few values on the way the mesh is applied to orcish males. You've given attention to other sizing issues in the past for clipping and such, so I'm hoping this might be put into the queue for a fix on your next pass of adjustments to the mesh sizes.

I currently do not know if other races, genders, or size sliders are impacted by this, or to what degree.

See attached image for highlight of the issue:

tumblr_oqp1jqwyCa1wqh7jyo1_1280.jpg
      In verity.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this is indeed a valid issue, I don't expect it to be looked at until the far future. Though luck to you to the case that I'm wrong!
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those look quite uncomfortable.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Avran, that's kinda why I marked this as "Cosmetic" in the subject. Stuff that's game-breaking tends to take the sum of the development cycle. But I figure I may as well push this up in the hopes that whenever they look over what needs improved graphically that this gets included.

And Mythic, yes, I agree. Do Wardens believe in the archaic and torturous practice of foot-binding or something? Only way my orc is wearing those is if his toes are bent in half.

And suddenly I have an urge to watch "The Inn of the Sixth Happiness" (not to be confused with the Inn of the Sixth House... or the House of the Sixth Inn...)
          In verity.