The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Leeching Strikes Bugs (Fixed for PC)

Gilliamtherogue
Gilliamtherogue
✭✭✭✭✭
This bug has been fixed on the PC. Disregard!

Have recently been playing around with the new Leeching Strikes and have run into some serious issues with it.

1; Ranks I-III (or at least rank 3) do not grant the explosion of Stamina back after the duration. It would be wise to test if the same bug is applying to Siphoning Attacks from Ranks I-III, but I do not have access to a toon who has not already fully leveled the skill.
FIXED

2; Holding block and dealing Direct Damage with Leeching Strikes active triggers a "hit" and consumes Stamina (or Magicka if using an Ice Staff and 1 point of Tri Focus active). As if the Nightblade tank wasn't dead enough from the absolute gutting of Siphoning Attacks, now it can't even use the Stamina return morph, Leeching Strikes. This bug is not there with Siphoning Attacks.
This bug occurs from Light Attacking while blocking. See video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7oCguQcvT0
Edited by Gilliamtherogue on July 2, 2017 7:13AM
Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KNowak @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Let me know if you need video footage replicating the bug :)
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

• Caim12
    Caim12
    ✭✭
    Yep Leeching Strikes III dont restore stamina when ends
  • Trader08
    Trader08
    ✭✭
    Confirmed that Leeching Strikes III dont restore stamina when ends. Leeching Strikes I does work as to II I can't confirm but didn't notice the issue until hitting rank III.

Does not play the "effect ends" sound nor animation either @ rank III

After leveling to rank IV, Leeching Strikes does restore stamina as intended + sound and animation work again.

edit: Added precisions
    Edited by Trader08 on May 30, 2017 1:05AM
  • Trader08
    Trader08
    ✭✭
    2; Holding block and dealing Direct Damage with Leeching Strikes active triggers a "hit" and consumes Stamina...

Unsure to understand well this point. I tested @ rank I, III and IV: Holding block with Leeching Strikes active while using a direct damage ability (tested with some different abilities too). Stam used is exactly as expected and Leeching Strikes' behavior too (@ rank I & IV, obv). I'm not saying you're wrong Gilliam, I'd just like to understand :)
    Edited by Trader08 on May 30, 2017 1:17AM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trader08 wrote: »
    2; Holding block and dealing Direct Damage with Leeching Strikes active triggers a "hit" and consumes Stamina...

Unsure to understand well this point. I tested @ rank I, III and IV: Holding block with Leeching Strikes active while using a direct damage ability (tested with some different abilities too). Stam used is exactly as expected and Leeching Strikes' behavior too (@ rank I & IV, obv). I'm not saying you're wrong Gilliam, I'd just like to understand :)

It wasn't direct damage, it was light attacks. I assumed direct damage instead of double checking. I'm uploading a video to show.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on June 7, 2017 3:33AM

• actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shows the original change was never tested so they have no idea how badly the change as a whole affected NB tanks :(

hope it gets sorted
  • en3rgumen
    en3rgumen
    ZOS PLZ
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please fix soon, this is unplayable for tanks.
    pc na | trash tier
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has this been addressed on Pc yet? [It's the only way I know if there is light at the end of my ps4 tunnel]
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calysis wrote: »
    Please fix soon, this is unplayable for tanks.

No that was the general change to the skill, this is an additional bug that makes it worse. I think this thread needs the word 'Morrowind' in the title before anyone looks at it!
    Edited by aeowulf on June 13, 2017 10:18AM
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried it on my target dummy this afternoon, and it's still not fixed: my stamina was going down on light attacks, not just the accidental bashes when I timed the controller press too close together, and only draining while Leeching (IV) was active. At least it explains why I was doing okay on resource management in vet HM Selene (where I'm mostly blocking the boss and have a wide interval for a light attack), while normal Chudan was a cluster (where the adds mean I'm block-cancelling the LA).

Please fix this ZOS. I'm adapting to the loss of magicka return on siphoning, but bug this has increased the difficulty of vet bosses (and trials!) immensely.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina nightblade, ps4, na server, leaching strikes active, holding block on bow bar(to halt stamina regeneration), release block, light attack, instantly block again, light attack is charging 2k stamina from pool.
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭