The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Good Stam NB Sustain Build? - Morrowind

akray21
akray21
✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't been on my stam NB in a while, and I have the itch to update his build. Most current stambalde builds I see are gank builds, which I am not interested in running. I want something that can sustain longer fights in BGs, possibly wearing heavy armor, but I can roll with medium (pun). What are good sets to use for stambalde sustain builds?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eternal Hunt (which can be made in heavy if you choose).
  • Makato
    Makato
    ✭✭✭
    Everything combined with bone pirate and the dubious camoran throne drink ;)
    PC/EU
    All factions all classes
    Autocorrect does not care bout what i write so i don't care bout my spelling
    LIZZURD IS LOVE LIZZURD IS LIFE !
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was nerfed hard. It only adds around 150 recovery now. Slightly more than other set intermediate bonuses. As for heavy armor there's really no sustain there. You'll just die a slower death and kill next to nothing.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    That was nerfed hard. It only adds around 150 recovery now. Slightly more than other set intermediate bonuses. As for heavy armor there's really no sustain there. You'll just die a slower death and kill next to nothing.

Is it even worth farming then?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your build. But by comparison Eternal Hunt has 2x129 stamina recovery bonuses. And allows you to use food that gives more health and stamina. When Bone Pirate gave 300 recovery it was worth farming. Now not so much.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 piece marksman is really strong. 2 regen buffs, weapon damage buff, and 5% cost reduction.
  • Miruku
    Miruku
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I'm using atm and having some really good fights with it and doing well even with the nerfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXGtHo60jtw
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow Walker looks like a good set for NB sustain, do people find success with it?

Also, the Armor of Truth could synergize with setting foes off balance with surprise attack. This could provide burst when you need it.

Thoughts?
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miruku wrote: »
    This is what I'm using atm and having some really good fights with it and doing well even with the nerfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXGtHo60jtw

Shackle Breaker looks legit, I agree. I think it will catch on very soon.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning on combining VO and Bone pirate and just completely out sustaining people in BG.
    Edited by KingJ on May 26, 2017 7:31PM
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Shadow Walker looks like a good set for NB sustain, do people find success with it?

Also, the Armor of Truth could synergize with setting foes off balance with surprise attack. This could provide burst when you need it.

Thoughts?

Open world its good if you use shadow image and can kite very well. I don't think it would be good against any real pvp player who has invis pots/knows to streak over your last known spot etc etc.
    The Flyers
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thoughts?

The thing with SW is that you don't have to move to make it work, which can be a problem for NB.

Truth can be a good set if you aim for 120 in attronach (tactician) and 75 in ritual(Exploiter), but you must build towards dodge roll.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Thoughts?

The thing with SW is that you don't have to move to make it work, which can be a problem for NB.

Truth can be a good set if you aim for 120 in attronach (tactician) and 75 in ritual(Exploiter), but you must build towards dodge roll.
    Truth is broken and the when you use tactician passive you don't get the bonus.Not sure if Zos fixed it
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Thoughts?

Truth is broken and the when you use tactician passive you don't get the bonus.Not sure if Zos fixed it

Another toon sent to the trash can. =(

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

Another toon sent to the trash can. =(
    Get WROBELED.
    Edited by KingJ on May 26, 2017 8:19PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning on combining VO and Bone pirate and just completely out sustaining people in BG.

Why bother? Run double proc sets with cost increase poisons and still out sustain them because your burst is free and they don't get artificial mitigation against it.

For CP, I really love @Miruku build, but for no-CP there's nothing that competes with the burst of proc sets and the way they let you secure kills quickly and efficiently. @LeifErickson is running shadow walker back bar with viper+selene. The burst is insane and you can still use shadow image to give yourself all the sustain in the world and reset fights. For No-CP I feel like this is the ideal way to build.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on May 26, 2017 8:32PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Why bother? Run double proc sets with cost increase poisons and still out sustain them because your burst is free and they don't get artificial mitigation against it.

For CP, I really love @Miruku build, but for no-CP there's nothing that competes with the burst of proc sets and the way they let you secure kills quickly and efficiently. @LeifErickson is running shadow walker back bar with viper+selene. The burst is insane and you can still use shadow image to give yourself all the sustain in the world and reset fights. For No-CP I feel like this is the ideal way to build.
    @Lexxypwns yea that's probably the better build but I just really really hate proc sets.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

@Lexxypwns yea that's probably the better build but I just really really hate proc sets.

Look man, I'm with you, I don't personally like them either. However, you've gotta accept that you're not going to be able to beat similarly skilled players in a no CP environment without them. I'm not personally willing to lose fights I should be able to win just because I'm not thrilled with a certain type of set, to each their own though.

I don't think you're going to be able to just out-sustain people like you're hoping, though. There's still a lot of burst out there and without the additional mitigation of heavy its a losing gamble to always bank on out sustaining people. The way you can get pressured by even just a minor amount of burst in medium/light still makes out sustaining people in those a risky proposition. You can definitely out-skill people with VO/BP and secure kills based off sustain, but the skill floor and cap are both going to be through the roof imo. You're going to be just as squishy as any other medium armor NB, but you're going to be missing an absolute ton of burst if you're running without a proc set or good damage set.

I think most classes are in a relatively good place atm, while there's not excellent balance by any means, we can compete on basically all classes and spec in basically all armor weights. However, for sustaining in outnumbered situations, heavy is still clearly ahead of the other two. I think, for this reason, building a high sustain build with low-medium burst just does not seem appealing in light or medium. The stamblades I mentioned are running a good bit of sustain, but they still have very solid overall damage and are clearly kiting/burst builds not pure sustain like VO/BP is going to be.

Furthermore, the lack of DoTs in the stamblade kit really prevent you from building for a pressure based style of play. You'd likely need to run bow+DW or find a place for re-arming trap on your bars in order to be able to reliably out sustain people and still be able to get enough damage off on targets in heavy. Traditional stamblade "pressure" comes from staying aggressive, CC'ing on cooldown, and having high uptime on incap and major defile, while you can do all these things wearing VO/BP, I'm just not sure the damage is threatening enough.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on May 26, 2017 9:37PM
  • Benn G x
    Benn G x
    ✭✭✭
    Bone pirate is still worth it over most other sets for sustain
    Edited by Benn G x on May 27, 2017 10:06AM
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Using on my stam nb VMA weapons Maul sharp (don't have a greatsword sharp yet) and a Bow sharp (don't have defending yet) 5 Bone pirate 2 Veli or I sometimes go 1 Veli 1 Kena and neck/rings agilityall with weapons damage glyphs with dubious throne drink. Mainly a magicka player but I am loving the nb tho playing it daily now

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Depends on your build. But by comparison Eternal Hunt has 2x129 stamina recovery bonuses. And allows you to use food that gives more health and stamina. When Bone Pirate gave 300 recovery it was worth farming. Now not so much.

It is better to go full damage sets and use the max health and stam regen food, not dubious, the one that is 5k health and 467 regen.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on May 27, 2017 10:17AM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BP with 2h bow both vma, endurance, and what ever monster set you want. Troll kings free heals are incredible I'm sure with the increased cost to vigor. My character gets up to 3.3k every 2 seconds.

That's what I'll be running, adjusting jewelery glyphs to my liking. Gonna have to get used to using all my magicka on fear since i won't be in heavy. I have been considering shackle breaker instead of bp for that reason. Who knows.. console..
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BP with 2h bow both vma, endurance, and what ever monster set you want. Troll kings free heals are incredible I'm sure with the increased cost to vigor. My character gets up to 3.3k every 2 seconds.

That's what I'll be running, adjusting jewelery glyphs to my liking. Gonna have to get used to using all my magicka on fear since i won't be in heavy. I have been considering shackle breaker instead of bp for that reason. Who knows.. console..

Where is your damage coming from? BP + troll king + endurance is gonna hit like a noodle.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the best stam nb build this patch, hands down, and potentially the highest performing build in the game in general. I didn't expect Yiko to share it with people to be honest.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/347327/video-eso-morrowind-stamina-nightblade-outnumbered-pvp-and-build/p1
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the best stam nb build this patch, hands down, and potentially the highest performing build in the game in general. I didn't expect Yiko to share it with people to be honest.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/347327/video-eso-morrowind-stamina-nightblade-outnumbered-pvp-and-build/p1

Not sure whats so hush hush about it. Ive been using shadow walker for months now using image to kite and reset/regen. Proc sets are a no brainer in this new update. Its going to be worse than before.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns I throw on @LeifErickson build well kinda can't get a damn Shadow walker bow so replaced it with eternal hunt until I can get a bow and you right the build is amazing .Switch between Selene and troll kings at times but it hit hard thanks for the advice .
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been playing with an idea since Saturday: high crit light attack bowblade.

Elegance + shock master.

The numbers in build editor seem promising

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been playing with an idea since Saturday: high crit light attack bowblade.

Elegance + shock master.

The numbers in build editor seem promising

Do Shieldbreaker + Shock Master :)
    PS4 NA DC
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Try Miruku's build ...sustain is insane XD !!
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    I have started using Shadow Walker with Hunding's and am loving the sustain, just need to work out my CP allocation and enchants, but enjoying it so far.

// DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>