On Wednesday, from 10:00AM to 12:00PM EDT, the forums will be undergoing maintenance. During this time there may be brief periods where the forums will be unavailable.
Maintenance for the week of August 13:
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 13, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox One: North American and European megaservers for maintenance – August 15, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: North American and European megaservers for maintenance – August 15, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)

ERP safezone

Scarlett_Princess
Scarlett_Princess
✭✭✭
A big thank you to everyone who has expressed interest and assisted with establishing an ERP safezone! This is of course not only for those who like to ERP occasionally as part of their general RP story, but also as a means to 'protect' those in-game who have no interest in it. Too often players have come across others ERPing in the most inappropriate places!

After much searching and deliberation, we chose The Tapped Vein inn at Shor's Stone, located in The Rift zone. Questing through there is almost non-existent and the area as a whole has relatively low traffic. The downstairs area has seating and live music playing, a cosy hearth, and plenty of secluded spots for privacy.

The past 4 weekends have been a success and I've already seen regulars passing through! Hope to see more people there soon, even just for a once-off visit ;) <3

FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Miss Tiffany | Aldmeri Dominion | High Elf | Magicka Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Sadly I feel by making a thread like this you're only going to attract the kind of attention you done want.

As if us roleplayers have learnt anything in the years of RP in games it's that the "cool kids" like to mess with us. It's just like being back in school again. :sweat_smile:

Agreed Turelus! Although one thing I like about ESO over WoW (where I've recently moved from) is the majority of the player base in ESO is much more mature. In the 4 weeks we've trialed the inn, we've only had one troll and I think it was more of a curiosity thing!

We also have the zoning thing on our side too (although that can also be a negative). A lot of the planned activities will require grouping for everyone to see each other :)
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    Community Ambassador
    Just an FYI if you want a large number of players in the same zone but not grouped, they only have to be grouped or all travel to one player there.

Basically if you travel to someone in your group or on your friends list it will place you in the same instance as them, even if you leave a group afterwards.

Hope it helps and best of luck with the RP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    :: Unofficial Forums FAQ :: MissBizz ESO Guides :: AlcastHQ Guides :: Tamriel Foundry Forums :: UESP ESO Page ::
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so how does this exactly work? I feel like if its an RP element, it should be occurring organically between characters, right? I dont understand the concept of having the safe zone. Do you guys not use guild chat to RP communicate?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    so how does this exactly work? I feel like if its an RP element, it should be occurring organically between characters, right? I dont understand the concept of having the safe zone. Do you guys not use guild chat to RP communicate?

There are so many players looking for freelance roleplay and sadly ESO doesn't offer too much in the way of spontaneous solo RP as yet (most likely due to the the relatively young age of the game). The forums are full of people asking where they can find RP and the answer is always 'join a guild'. Guilds generally have a set theme which does nothing to cater for the soloists.

I have located a few public areas where RP is done out in the open via say/emote, but no specific areas where ERP can be incorporated without it impacting non-RP players. So it's been good to finally have a location for that :)

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me crazy but we have Houses now . You may ERP without interruption at my inn for 200 gold a night .
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunting skyshards this week and came across a group dressed in a very particular way (looked like everyone had the same clothes) and someone was levitating books (now i'm not sure if it was npc or player) all while a purple message popped in my chat, cant remember the city but it was a central plaza.
    Is this how you guys roleplay?
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just googled "ERP".

:(

Ya'll need to get out more.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If people are being respectful, responsible adults, nobody should have an issue with what anyone does.

That being said, as Turelus has stated, this thread is more likely to attract the exact kind of attention you're wanting to avoid.

If you're serious about creating a safe space for ERPers, I'd suggest starting a sex cult roleplay guild geared towards your particular needs in the game. That'll give you more privacy, or less if you're into that.
  • Katki
    Katki
    I personally might be interested in ERP with the right Rper . That said, I would prefer to 'get to know' a prospective ahem..friend... before I decided - is this the type of thing you are talking about in regard to he Tapped Vein inn at Shor's Stone? Also, is ERP done in guild chat or private message?

Is there a OOC guild where such a thing is discussed as part of making an 'actual' connection - an online relationship if you will?

Pardon the questions - and my lack of knowledge in the area - I used to RP when it was a relatively new thing, and still done in person, not on computers, lol - yes - I am THAT old... haha

I am a female interested in males - if someone could point me in the right direction - that would be much appreciated!