The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag sorc dps build after Morrowind?

ArvenAldmeri
ArvenAldmeri
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey
So I have tried a lot of stuff and watched the new Alcast sorc build and... I just dont like it. I am pretty lost because my dps went down by 10k (20k loss if dps on Rakkhat!!!). Someone got non heavy attack based build that has great sustain and great damage without having to heavy attack too much and not going below 40k magicka? I am seriously getting depressed about how low my dps went post patch. (20% nerf to pet? More like 50% nerf to pet...)
Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302
    I'm eager to see dps comparison vs necro pet build with deadric curse and lightning heavy.

Is it more dps to go all lightning now? What about blockade of fire to proc the fire half of ilambris?

Right now I run 5 necro body, 2 ilambris, 3 willpower and 2 julionos staves, both sharpened lightNing front inferno back.

I lay down my blockade and liquid, deadric curse l, familiar pulse, and heavy attack until time to reapply dots.

I watched that altcast video on the mystic. I dunno about all that.....
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am running more or less the same build as OP, I saw that mystic build no way it can reach the same dps as the pet build.

The mystic build exists for people who think pets are too unreliable to use. It is true the familiar is glitched right now / doesn't work correctly but the dps is still higher
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On VMOL, you can run the exact same build as last patch, but you are going to need to be aggressive about orbs and you will need some heavies. The trick is to time them to coincide with add spawns. I have only Done VMOL once since patch. I noticed very little if any difference in my AOE, and probably a 3-4k loss of single target, but I think I was over doing my heavies.

It is frustrating though. On a target dummy I can get like 38k totally self buffed (running my own drain) with a HA build, and if I have a healer run orbs, drain and worm, I can get like 39.5k with the old rotation. In other words, it's barely an increase. I hate the HA rotation for bosses, but it is admittedly hard to justify a more complex rotation from a cost benefit standpoint. ZOS missed the mark on this IMO.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im having big trouble sustaining as well since the update. Id be happy if someone could share a working rotation for non pet sorcerer in morrowind.
  • TastesAllColors
    TastesAllColors
    ✭✭✭
    Add mag regen to your jewelry. Add return mag to your staff. Pop bubbles. Drink potions. Heavy attack.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Will you lose a lot of DPS by doing so ?

Any change in the rotation ?